Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Collingwood Father Son and NGA Radar

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 37, 38, 39  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stupied 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:30 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

mattys123 wrote:
Stupied wrote:
Is he in the Daicos academy?

Talking about the great man, seems his skills have been passed on to his boys after all.

Josh will play for Oakleigh in the under 18's this year and is showing very promising signs but it's his 14 year old, Nick who is raising eyebrows. Nick was the best player at the recent under 14 national carnival. Very Happy

Hah, yeah I saw the link that Dave posted on Big Footy for that Very Happy
Boot 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:54 pm

What a joy to read this post...but obviously the chances of sons of champions being as good as their champion fathers is low. However, what a dream to have the sons who could have the skill, courage and flair of their fathers come to Collingwood like, Brown and Daicos, to top off Darcy Moore's contribution to the team. Couple of others like Gavin Crossica, Ned Kelly and Mark Williams sons are apparently also very good footballers. I also heard that Damien Monkhurst's son played for the Collingwood VFL team last weekend but he seems to be past being a prospect of getting into the AFL list.

Would love to hear if any Nicksters have seen any of these sons of greats playing.

Of course the two sons of a gun that I hope make it to AFL level are Ace and Jet Buckley. Not only in the hope that they could be as good as their father, but if only to have such cool names at the club!!

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:22 pm

MagpieBat wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
Where's the like button?

Great news, looks like this little ol black duck is gonna be a very happy ol Pies fan in his veteran years, at the G with a thermos of whiskey and blanket wrapped over the ol knees. ! Laughing

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
neil Sagittarius

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:28 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
MagpieBat wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
Where's the like button?

Great news, looks like this little ol black duck is gonna be a very happy ol Pies fan in his veteran years, at the G with a thermos of whiskey and blanket wrapped over the ol knees. ! Laughing

Why would you need a blanket to wrap around your knees? You will be spending most of your time standing up yelling abuse at Carlscum supporters and cheering on our fivepeat team

warburton lad 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:00 pm
Post subject: Re: The future is Brown, very brown....Reply with quote

watt price tully wrote:
warburton lad wrote:
A very close mate has whispered in The Lad's ear that Gavin Brown's oldest son, I think his name is Calum, is an outstanding young player. Just beginning Year 10. No details on his height, weight etcetera, but meant to be a jet! The younger brother has just begun high school.

If they are anything like the old man, we are going to be very happy!! 😄😄😄😄

Welcome back Mr Warburton Lad. How was Estonia over the off season & how is Aunt Sventlana?

Your news brings joy to this poster Laughing Cool Laughing

Thank you Mr Watt Price Tully.
Have spent the last few months in Estonia- very restful and caught up with family who live just outside the capital. Feeling refreshed for the well-earned longservice leave and have been delighted with the wonderful training reports provided by Neil.

Aunt Svetlana recently remarried and is going well. A lovely lady who celebrated her 75th birthday with her 57 year old groom. They both love their vodka ( home-made) with triple smoked ham- a rarity in Eastern Europe due to the cost.

Very excited about the Brown boys- Marley might be handing over the number 26 sooner rather than later....

On the March 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:46 pm

I'm wondering if anyone is able to give an update on likely father / son picks in the next year or so. If we are looking to trade future picks we would need to take this into account - yes?
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 12:12 am

Update OP.

Darcy Moore on the AFL List

Ben Monkhurst is on the VFL List

Jake Kelly at the Crows

E 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:09 am

On the March wrote:
I'm wondering if anyone is able to give an update on likely father / son picks in the next year or so. If we are looking to trade future picks we would need to take this into account - yes?

To answer your question, with the new bidding system, I think we could trade future picks and still get father/son.

I hope Collingwood is looking very closely at the New York Knicks and what happened to them as a result of trading future draft picks.
I dont know why people value future draft picks lower than current ones. who knows the quality of a future draft class?????

The danger to a club of being able to give up future draft picks is that a desperate coach or manager (in the final year of contract), is more likely to give up next years picks more readily because unless they are successful in the current year, those following year picks are of no value to them.

NBA has now made a rule that you can only give away your first pick every second year to avoid this very problem.

5150 Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 6:46 pm
Post subject: 2016 Father / Son selectionsReply with quote

Not sure if it's been mentioned but I've got a feeling we are playing this trading game very well.

Using next years first round to assist in getting Treloar and getting (hopefully) a 2nd round pick this year to assist with the Aish/Howe deals means our 2016 F/S selections for Daicos & Brown (don't know if there are any others) can be taken with 2nd & 3rd round picks if they are any good.

Does anyone know if that is correct?
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:50 pm

From what I've read both are border line rookie selections at this stage, but if we do end up needing a fairly high pick we can go into debt if need be.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Doc63 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:28 pm

Bob Sugar wrote:
From what I've read both are border line rookie selections at this stage, but if we do end up needing a fairly high pick we can go into debt if need be.

Can you imagine what will happen if we don't pick them up, and they turn out to be guns? There will be blood in the streets!!

inxs88 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:33 pm

Doc63 wrote:
Bob Sugar wrote:

Can you imagine what will happen if we don't pick them up, and they turn out to be guns? There will be blood in the streets!!

Yeah we still cleaning the streets up from the Jake Kelly and James Stewart debacle!

Doc63 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:44 pm

inxs88 wrote:
Doc63 wrote:
Bob Sugar wrote:

Yeah we still cleaning the streets up from the Jake Kelly and James Stewart debacle!

Good point, but with all due respect to Ned & Snaggles, we're talking about two club legends here. You'd want to be pretty sure they're not up to it if you pass.

MagpieMad Leo

One in, All in!!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:07 pm

debacle? hardly.
gobbles21 Virgo

It is what it is...

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:23 pm
Post subject: Re: 2016 Father / Son selectionsReply with quote

5150 wrote:
Not sure if it's been mentioned but I've got a feeling we are playing this trading game very well.

Using next years first round to assist in getting Treloar and getting (hopefully) a 2nd round pick this year to assist with the Aish/Howe deals means our 2016 F/S selections for Daicos & Brown (don't know if there are any others) can be taken with 2nd & 3rd round picks if they are any good.

Does anyone know if that is correct?

No it is not correct. We need to bid like any other club.

Not likely to happen, but for example if another club was to bid pick 1 then we would need to find 3000 points of draft picks to use to secure that player as father son.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 37, 38, 39  Next
Page 15 of 39   

Jump to: