Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

RAFFLE 2: Sponsor Breakfast Mon 15Jun - URGENT

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> NBB Player Sponsorship

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
larrylj Pisces

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:23 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Went to to player’s sponsors breakfast this morning.
7.15am start so it was darn crispy, but very warm inside. Yummy brekkie, plenty of pastries, eggs & bacon, too much coffee.
I was at a table with Darcy (as our sponsored player) and Matty Goodyear was also at our table. Two folk didn’t show up so plenty of time for the 6 civilians to chat with the boys. Darcy was a bit far away, so most of my conversation was with Matty-he is a genuinely lovely country boy. From Mt Macedon, he originally moved down and stayed with Sidey for the first couple of weeks—Sidey showed him the ropes and did general orientation by the sound of it
He did say that everyone has been wonderful and looked after him well (including Swanny). However after he moved out from Sidey and got a place with a relative, he found he was so homesick he has now moved home and commutes from Mt Macedon daily. So we talked a fair bit about adjustment and how difficult it is. A mate of his has gone to GWS and is really struggling he said. So Matty is super grateful to be here. His grandmother is a rampant pies fan so she is beside herself apparently.
Matty just finished VCE last year and has enrolled in Uni to do sorts science part time and Darcy is in his second year of Commerce degree. Both suggest it’s tricky fitting in study time with footy—no time for anything else.

Anyway they had the usual raffles, auctions etc. (I won nothing of course, but did not pay $4000 to run out on the ground with the players either). Interviews with Levi, Jesse, Nath Brown, As always there was time in between courses for autographs, photos etc. I was bemoaning to Darcy that I hadn’t thought to bring anything for collecting signatures SO they would just have to line up for a photo with an old lady—which they were happy to do.
Anyway it was almost the end and most of the players ran away pretty quickly (had to do recovery and team meetings before they go on break for 5 days, so probably in a hurry to get on with it) when Darcy disappeared-I thought he’d left, but he came back with a team jersey and he had signed it for me. Said “Now you’ve got something to collect autographs ---OR just keep it with mine” with a very cheeky grin. Such a lovely thing to do!
Most of the boys had gone, but I got Matty to sign it as he was at our table and it seemed fitting.
So oh wow. What a treat. No words really but happy danced all the way home!!

As we all left, the club had put together “hospitality packs” for all attendees – so was given one of those as well—has scarf, hat, socks and a Darcy badge. Awesome.

Was a wonderful morning and a terrific follow up to the wins by both teams yesterday. All the boys seemed pretty happy with themselves I must say. Many thanks to Nick’s for the opportunity to attend
Yay Floreat Pica.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:02 pm

Great stuff, thanks for the report. Great that Darcy scored a jumper for you Shocked Well done with that. Very Happy
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:56 pm

had a really good chat with matty's grandfather when at casey last week. he mentioned how much matty was loving it at collingwood and how wrapt he is to be there. observing the kids in the vfl gives me comfort we have a really terrific bunch of lads coming through.
selkevh 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:17 pm

Wow. Excellent report.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> NBB Player Sponsorship All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: