Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Trading Witts

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:58 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

People please remember as much as we'd like to we have no say in what the club may or may not do so who really cares whether some are open to the proposition of trading Witts or not.

It's an interesting discussion point and if our alleged interest in someone like Treloar is true then the club would have to be willing to explore ways in how any trade deal could get done.

He isn't just going to fall in our lap for nothing.

Stupied 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:02 pm

Darkstranger wrote:
People on this site overrating Witts big time, reckon not many teams would bother even looking at him, I see him as an in/out player that isn’t much value TBH, if we could get a top player by using Witts & first round then that would be a massive steal for us!

He is only 22, already an AFL standard ruck (many take longer to develop to a suitable standard), a lovely kick, and his work at ground level is unparalleled for a man of his size.

Give him another preseason, without shoulder surgery and get him on the weights. Once he develops that extra bit of strength and works out how to use it, look out. Been saying for years he will be a gun, and my opinion is only getting stronger. Would not trade him unless someone made an offer too good to refuse.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:26 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
Geek wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
Member 7167 wrote:
This is never going to happen. Having two ruckmen that could potentially be the best ruck combination in the modern game once they mature is a prize and a jewel.

Buckley has stated that the reason he persists playing both is that he wants to retain both and if we drop one to the VFL on an ongoing basis we will loose him to another team and the development will become static.

I certainly back Buckleys approach.

In There Prime. Would the happy to Share there Ruck Time?

If we get to that stage, then one of them will want to be traded and we will have a top flight ruckman in his prime on the table. That's when you can get whoever is equivalent to Treloar at that stage (3rd/4th year up and coming mid) and maybe even get a steak knife or two.

At the moment, we would be paying overs to get Treloar and getting unders if we trade Witts. In a few years time, people will hopefully be prepared to pay overs for him to get him away from us.

Meanwhile, we don't do what Carlton did with Judd, selling a big an and picks for another midfielder. We rebuild nice and steady.

And don't get me wrong, Treloar would be kinda awesome

Trealor would not be Worth the Judd/Beams Price

Judd & Beams weren't worth the price paid.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:23 pm

Stupied wrote:
Darkstranger wrote:
People on this site overrating Witts big time, reckon not many teams would bother even looking at him, I see him as an in/out player that isn’t much value TBH, if we could get a top player by using Witts & first round then that would be a massive steal for us!

He is only 22, already an AFL standard ruck (many take longer to develop to a suitable standard), a lovely kick, and his work at ground level is unparalleled for a man of his size.

Give him another preseason, without shoulder surgery and get him on the weights. Once he develops that extra bit of strength and works out how to use it, look out. Been saying for years he will be a gun, and my opinion is only getting stronger. Would not trade him unless someone made an offer too good to refuse.

Agreed. Trading him would be seriously dumb.

themonk 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:04 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Stupied wrote:
Darkstranger wrote:

Spot on. Assuming Treloar wants to come we could offer our 1st pick plus an experienced mid tier player. Witts has the 'potential' to be a 200 game player.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:12 pm

themonk wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
Stupied wrote:
Darkstranger wrote:

Spot on. Assuming Treloar wants to come we could offer our 1st pick plus an experienced mid tier player. Witts has the 'potential' to be a 200 game player.

Giants would want more then a Mid-Tier Player with a 1st Rounder

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:18 am

I doubt Witts is going anywhere.
Dangles 

Balmey Army

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:33 am

RudeBoy wrote:
I doubt Witts is going anywhere.

Well that's really the bottom line isn't it? Who here actually thinks Witts won't be at Collingwood next year?
themonk 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 9:51 am

Dave The Man wrote:
themonk wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
Stupied wrote:
Darkstranger wrote:

You're probably right, we may have to throw in a 2nd round pick too.

If only Keefe & Thomas receive 12 month bans, they'd be genuine trade bait.
themonk 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 9:51 am

Dave The Man wrote:
themonk wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
Stupied wrote:
Darkstranger wrote:

You're probably right, we may have to throw in a 2nd round pick too.

If only Keefe & Thomas receive 12 month bans, they'd be genuine trade bait.
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:01 pm

yeah, let's trade for something we already have plenty of (midfielders), with something we only have two of (developing quality young ruckman), cos' they just grow on trees. Genius!
mudlark 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 9:39 pm

mattys123 wrote:
Yeah, let's put 10 years of development into a kid then trade him for a 3rd round pick, genius that. Laughing

Thank F**$#^K someone has got a brain. Witt will be a Sandilands.
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 9:34 am

I rate Witts.
And I believe it all starts with the ruck.
But Treloar is something special!
He is as good as Buckley at the same stage of his development.

Dangles 

Balmey Army

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 9:48 am

thompsoc wrote:
I rate Witts.
And I believe it all starts with the ruck.
But Treloar is something special!
He is as good as Buckley at the same stage of his development.

Would rather grab a gun free agent for nothing rather than eat into our depth and trade for one.
jg22 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 12:20 pm

I'd like to trade for Carlisle from Essendon. Gun defender who is lost playing up forward. Just what we need to add real steel to our back six. And yep, I'd trade Witts for him.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5   

Jump to: