Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What's with the Aish and Danger lovefest?????

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 11:56 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

^^

Just confirmed recent Age article. At 25, he isnt a restricted free agent at carlton yet because his first two years were at brisbane BUT he is out of contract at end of 2015 and has chosen to temporarily put all talks on hold.

Seriously, would you even think of staying there.

Someone like him and alongside Cloke, would certainly make Moores first couple years a little easier while his body develops.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 12:10 am

Tom Hawkins is a restricted FA.

Would cost a packet but him and Cloke would be bloody hard for any defence to contain.

Hawkins will be hard to contain this Friday night.

Massive unit.

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 8:33 pm

^^
Stop teasing swoop.

Heard two things relevent to this thread in last 24 hours.
On the couch declare that dangerfields kicking efficiency is running at 49 % .
Granted he gets heaps of congested possesion but it does explode the myth that he is all polish. Im not bagging him, just stating the facts on the great man and marketing dream.

Also heard on radio, that clubs are circling around charlie dixon, partic brisbane for obvious reasons. Misses more games than he plays but is a proven kicker of bags and can ruck in forward 50. If a club could get his body right, he would be a formidable target. There seems to be a bit out there but these big guys continue to get overs wherever they go.
Its such a fine line between a club being responsible and reckless in their pursuit of the signature.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 8:53 pm

Henderson I'd take, I wouldn't throw the world at him but he's in the right age range and size to be a very handy get.

Don't even think about Hawkins, family connections are deep. He's already got premierships, he's getting plenty of money being based in Geelong, absolutely nothing to offer him that would make him leave. He'll stay, I'd bet swoops left nut on it.

swoop42 Virgo

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 5:39 pm

Anyone still think we shouldn't be throwing the kitchen sink at Dangerfield after last night?

Geelong had a young side in also and if they win the race for Danger then that's just one more hurdle in our way in being able to overtake them let alone other sides come next season.

We need more bona fide A grade talent to surround the young talent coming through.

Miss on him then sure go after a Treloar, Shiel or Aish.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 6:08 pm
Post subject: Re: What's with the Aish and Danger lovefest?????Reply with quote

mattys123 wrote:
droversdog65 wrote:
Don't get me wrong - any team would love them on the list but for Collingwood at our present position??

I think not.

Just look at our midfield at the moment, both would complement it in their own ways I'm sure but every midfield is a question of dynamic balance and content. We have enough established and second tier - not to mention youngsters coming through.

What we really need to be concentrating on are KPF's.

Hine incorporated - pick up 3 or 4 top liners in the next couple of drafts - surely one or two will make the grade.

Cloke isn't getting any younger and KPF's are hard to find.

I agree, our key position stocks are in need of additions more then our midfield is.

I'd target the Suns, they are falling apart up there, could get a Tom Lynch or a Sam Day at a decent price.

2nd That. I made a post of our Lack of Depth at KPF Postion.

Would love us to get Lynch or Day from the Suns

Duff Soviet Union 

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 10:59 pm

I'd go for Aish. Hasn't shown a ton so far, but he's got genuine talent and skill.

Even better is that Brisbane know he's leaving so they've turned on him big time and succeeded in torpedoing his trade value to the point where we wouldn't have to give up anything more than a second or third rounder for him.

Duff Soviet Union 

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 11:00 pm
Post subject: Re: What's with the Aish and Danger lovefest?????Reply with quote

Dave The Man wrote:
mattys123 wrote:
droversdog65 wrote:
Don't get me wrong - any team would love them on the list but for Collingwood at our present position??

I think not.

Just look at our midfield at the moment, both would complement it in their own ways I'm sure but every midfield is a question of dynamic balance and content. We have enough established and second tier - not to mention youngsters coming through.

What we really need to be concentrating on are KPF's.

Hine incorporated - pick up 3 or 4 top liners in the next couple of drafts - surely one or two will make the grade.

Cloke isn't getting any younger and KPF's are hard to find.

I agree, our key position stocks are in need of additions more then our midfield is.

I'd target the Suns, they are falling apart up there, could get a Tom Lynch or a Sam Day at a decent price.

2nd That. I made a post of our Lack of Depth at KPF Postion.

Would love us to get Lynch or Day from the Suns

Lynch would be a great get, but he will not come cheap at all.

swoop42 Virgo

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 2:02 am

Duff Soviet Union wrote:
I'd go for Aish. Hasn't shown a ton so far, but he's got genuine talent and skill.

Even better is that Brisbane know he's leaving so they've turned on him big time and succeeded in torpedoing his trade value to the point where we wouldn't have to give up anything more than a second or third rounder for him.

IMO no one will be getting Aish for anything less than a top 10 selection or combination of picks and/or players.

All the 17 other clubs know he's still the same talented kid that went pick 7 just two years earlier and more importantly Brisbane know we know. Wink

If we miss on Dangerfield I'd be happy targeting Aish but Treloar or Shiel would be ahead of him for mine.

Duff Soviet Union 

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 12:01 pm

swoop42 wrote:
Duff Soviet Union wrote:

IMO no one will be getting Aish for anything less than a top 10 selection or combination of picks and/or players.

All the 17 other clubs know he's still the same talented kid that went pick 7 just two years earlier and more importantly Brisbane know we know. Wink

If we miss on Dangerfield I'd be happy targeting Aish but Treloar or Shiel would be ahead of him for mine.

I'll disagree with you on this one. Quite simply, I can't see anyone giving up serious assets for a guy who is not getting a game for a team that can't win and is a monty to leave at the end of the year, especially considering that Brisbane are run by imbeciles.

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 12:21 pm

Duff Soviet Union wrote:

yeah, as someone on radio put it "they're not even fattening the calf".

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: