Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

James Aish dropped again!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
inxs88 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:24 pm
Post subject: James Aish dropped again!Reply with quote

James Aish slipped in the draft of 2013 for a couple of distinct reasons according to most draft profilers/watchers like Emma Quayle, Callum Twomey and Kevin Sheehan. Namely despite his skill, he is very poor with contested possession and is not a huge accumulator of the ball. Being dropped for the second time in 5 rounds this year doesn't augur well especially in a Brisbane side with multiple injuries and no wins on the board.

Yes he maybe homesick or have his heart in another place but that didn't stop Nathan Buckley in 1993 from performing under similar pressures and circumstances.
Pies! Bypass Aish and go for Treloar. And for those who still think we can snare Aish with a second rd draft pick or a B grade player well am sure G Swann won't fall for that one after we played hard ball on Beams.

MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 1:26 am
Post subject: Re: James Aish dropped again!Reply with quote

inxs88 wrote:
James Aish slipped in the draft of 2013 for a couple of distinct reasons according to most draft profilers/watchers like Emma Quayle, Callum Twomey and Kevin Sheehan. Namely despite his skill, he is very poor with contested possession and is not a huge accumulator of the ball. Being dropped for the second time in 5 rounds this year doesn't augur well especially in a Brisbane side with multiple injuries and no wins on the board.

Yes he maybe homesick or have his heart in another place but that didn't stop Nathan Buckley in 1993 from performing under similar pressures and circumstances.
Pies! Bypass Aish and go for Treloar. And for those who still think we can snare Aish with a second rd draft pick or a B grade player well am sure G Swann won't fall for that one after we played hard ball on Beams.

Greg Swann can not fall for it all he likes.

Aish is out of contract, doesn't want to be there, has been dropped twice in a month and has the Pre-Season Draft as leverage.

Brisbane will take what they're given, especially if he nominates us.

Az 

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 3:31 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Or the Brions are filthy on him for not committing to them and are willing to play others ahead of him knowing he is setting sail at the end of the year. Could have been the case of weighing up whether it was more profitable to get games into other players in order to build on a team that were going to be there after next year rather than playing him just to up his price. They know they will get bent over regardless.
yin-YANG 

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 9:27 am

Really is in the interests of players to keep their plans to themselves… Most clubs need players to buy into the team message and sacrifice etc… might be a wasted year for both!
dalyc Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 10:51 am

yin-YANG wrote:
Really is in the interests of players to keep their plans to themselves… Most clubs need players to buy into the team message and sacrifice etc… might be a wasted year for both!

Agree but pretty hard to do that when your contract is up. Even if Aish says nothing and keeps his plans to himself, not signing an extension will be construed as going whether true or not.

simon tonna 

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 11:01 am

there was a lot of attachment form me personally for aish to join collingwood as pick6 in 2013 and the whispers from the club had me buzzing in anticipation. basically rope the dope tactics from collingwood were being played out to keep others from getting there grubby little hands off sharenberg or bontempelli. now that season 2014 has past and we're yet to see what our pick six is capable of compared to say bontempelli and an aish i back the club whole heartedly as i now don't see why aish was touted as a possible no#1 leading into the draft 2013. besides having good pedigree and recent history with two sanfl premierships with norwood before the 2013 draft and other rep duties he really hasn't stepped up to the plate imo. there was no highlighting any performance from aish to warrant that either. a rising star nom, I'm not sure, but my point being he as stalled in his development as all players do when leaving the lions and offering them a first rounder for a player who seems disinterested. nfw.
what would aish offer us anyway. he doesn't tackle, doesn't have outside speed, and his far from tenacious. a clean swap for faz maybe.

Lazza 

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 11:54 am

I know for a fact that Buck's family and Aish's family are life long friends. However having said that, I would not like to trade unrealistically for him based on your comments Simon. A bit apathetic really, if it works out as a fair trade, all well and good but otherwisde, there may be bigger fish to catch.
simon tonna 

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 2:10 pm

My thinking is exactly that Lazza, that there is bigger fish to catch, more of an agenda base nowadays and on the list of things needed imo would be a kpp forward.
Duff Soviet Union 

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 11:01 pm

Brisbane are doing a great job in ruining this kids trade value. Thanks guys!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: