Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Welcome to Collingwood Jordan De Goey

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:45 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

just when I thought we'd run out of things to whine about... FMS
skaman Taurus

One step beyond.......

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:51 pm

Great chemistry. Exciting times ahead me thinks.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:34 pm

I think De Goey will prove to be another Hine masterpiece and show once again why we shouldn't ever doubt his eye for talent.

It's fair to say I've warmed to him.

I get the feeling De Goey could well have been rated far higher by many opposition clubs recruiters than what the media and amateur phantom drafters believed.

It's funny that when I was tracking the progress of Moore at Oakleigh in the second half of the year one name that kept bloody popping up in the bests more than him was De Goey.

While it's fair to say I like many others were blinded by the flashier Laverde or the potential upside seen in the younger Langford, De Goey with a better ability to win a contested ball and willingness to scrap for it for the team was the right selection for our current team needs.

He was a good safe choice but could easily end up being seen as the best player of all those available at pick 5 in a few years time.

Stupied 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:52 pm

35forever wrote:
Bit surprised at our selections, but then its very hard to second guess Dekka, It just seems we ended up with a lot of skinny kids who might be guns, but probably not in 2015. Does Buckley seriously think he's got years to develop these kids? Surely he knows if Collingwood don't play finals next year he's gone? That's not my opinion, I think its pretty much everyones.
De Goey doesn’t look quite as skinny as he did in his reel, and might well play next year, but look at the arms on Darcy! The other two kids look mighty thin as well. I was mighty miffed that StKilda pinched Jack Lonie and Carlton stole Boekhorst, Looks like we telegraphed our punches again!
But didn't Essenscum have a bloody birthday!!?? No round ones and they snaffle LaVerde and Langford! How did that happen? They might be the only guys who run out for them in round 1, but still!

Ah well, if we don't do something in 2015 with the side we have and the shape they're all in, there is something wrong. The boys look very very fit and some seem to have chucked on some bulk, especially Tooves and Brown. I just wish it was March

Skinny kids??!? The only skinny kid we picked up was Goodyear, both De Goey and Maynard are solidly built kids. They will both play sooner rather than later imo. As for Darcy, he has time to fill out. With Cloke and Reid both fit, plus White, Witts, Grundy and Brown/Keeffe/Frost all capable of filling key positions (well maybe not White), we don't have to rush him.

Not sure why you're upset about Carlton getting Boekhorst either. Pretty sure they could have got him at 28 and picked up another top 20 quality kid. They £$%$ed up that one imo.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:26 pm

swoop42 wrote:
I think De Goey will prove to be another Hine masterpiece and show once again why we shouldn't ever doubt his eye for talent.

I get the feeling De Goey could well have been rated far higher by many opposition clubs recruiters than what the media and amateur phantom drafters believed.

It's funny that when I was tracking the progress of Moore at Oakleigh in the second half of the year one name that kept bloody popping up in the bests more than him was De Goey.

While it's fair to say I like many others were blinded by the flashier Laverde or the potential upside seen in the younger Langford, De Goey with a better ability to win a contested ball and willingness to scrap for it for the team was the right selection for our current team needs.

He was a good safe choice but could easily end up being seen as the best player of all those available at pick 5 in a few years time.

There was Talk before the Draft that Cats De Goey rated as Number 1 Prospect

ip address 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:42 pm
Post subject: De GoeyReply with quote

I really liked what De Goey said when he met Bucks.

He said "I won't let you down Bucks and ....... and I won't let down the Collingwood fans". Loved hearing that knowing it was genuine and from someone who is positive and confident.

I remember a couple years back a draftee said something to the effect of "I hope the fans won't be upset with me if I stuff up". I knew then and there he wasn't going to make it. Sure enough he recently got delisted. He was never going to make it anyway, even though the Club persisted. Credit where it's due, he played more games for the Pies than I ever did and good luck to him.

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:08 pm

Really love this kids attitude and like Freeman last year seems to have an upbeat personality.

I think both Freeman and De Goey are going to add so much to our side in the near future.

I can understand the Beams comparison but you feel De Goey has a few more tricks up his sleeve than Beams.

While he'd need to have a very good career to just achieve what Beams did at our club and hasn't displayed the same ability to find big numbers like Beams at the same age I think he looks much more of a marking threat up forward as a lead up target and in a contested situation.

Beams got a lot of goals from marks after running into space from outside the f50.

And 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 12:58 am

He is from St Kev's

That is enough for me Cool
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 12:05 pm

swoop42 wrote:

I also noted that Hine said that De Goey had not had much exposure in elite environments. In fact, he only played about half the season this year for the Oakleigh Chargers. In an elite environment, he can be expected to develop quickly. On the other hand, some other players who already look ready-made, may have had years of professional training and development, so there's possibly not as much room for further development.

It's why recruiting Indigenous players from community football backgrounds can reap amazing rewards, because once they get proper training, fitness and diets, they have enormous scope for improvement. I predict Nakia Cockatoo will become a star very quickly.

I know that at University, it is very common for the best students to come from state school backgrounds, where they have had to work incredibly hard to achieve, compared often to those from elite private schools, who have had personal coaching and access to all the best support networks.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 5:03 pm
Post subject: Re: De GoeyReply with quote

ip address wrote:
I really liked what De Goey said when he met Bucks.

He said "I won't let you down Bucks and ....... and I won't let down the Collingwood fans". Loved hearing that knowing it was genuine and from someone who is positive and confident.

I loved hearing that! It goes to show how appreciative he is of us recruiting him! I think the boy will be a success and surprise a lot of people for the better.

There must be a reason why Laverde went down to pick 20 in the first place. His highlights reel was impressive but the recruiters must have been put off by something because he was overlooked between pick 6 to 19 as well and Essendon had pick 17 to select Kyle Langford in the first place.

Podpicken Cancer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 5:33 pm

Something is not right about Laverde. I can't understand it. There's a deeper issue as to why he slid to 20. Clearly touted as a top 5 pick. Something is up.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 5:42 pm

Podpicken wrote:
Something is not right about Laverde. I can't understand it. There's a deeper issue as to why he slid to 20. Clearly touted as a top 5 pick. Something is up.

Off-Field stuff?

GreekLunatic 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 8:56 am

maybe we were the only ones who said laverde was top 5. Looking at laverde clip he seems like a one trick pony
Albert Parker 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:47 pm

swoop42 wrote:

Chris Pelchen ex Saints and Hawks list manager appeared to rate DeGoey and rated us second best club in the draft behind the Suns.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:01 pm

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-06-26/de-goeys-hard-lesson
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5   

Jump to: