Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Welcome to Collingwood Jordan De Goey

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bally12 Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:48 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Wrapped with this selection. This kid will be a ripper. Make no mistake, very classy player. Strong mark, great kick, very competitive. Very smart around goals, can kick around corners, and also roost it from 50.

Pies fans, if you're not happy, you should be.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:52 pm

bally12 wrote:
Wrapped with this selection. This kid will be a ripper. Make no mistake, very classy player. Strong mark, great kick, very competitive. Very smart around goals, can kick around corners, and also roost it from 50.

Sounds like you've seen a bit of this kid bally. I'll take your word that he's the goods. His highlights package was a little underwhelming, but obviously a 2 minute video can not really show much at all. If you say I should be happy, then happy I am. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Collingwood 4 eternity 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:56 pm

Welcome Collingwoods own Air Jordan

35forever 

"I feel sick - dada dada dada da"

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:00 pm

Bit surprised at our selections, but then its very hard to second guess Dekka, It just seems we ended up with a lot of skinny kids who might be guns, but probably not in 2015. Does Buckley seriously think he's got years to develop these kids? Surely he knows if Collingwood don't play finals next year he's gone? That's not my opinion, I think its pretty much everyones.
De Goey doesn’t look quite as skinny as he did in his reel, and might well play next year, but look at the arms on Darcy! The other two kids look mighty thin as well. I was mighty miffed that StKilda pinched Jack Lonie and Carlton stole Boekhorst, Looks like we telegraphed our punches again!
But didn't Essenscum have a bloody birthday!!?? No round ones and they snaffle LaVerde and Langford! How did that happen? They might be the only guys who run out for them in round 1, but still!

Ah well, if we don't do something in 2015 with the side we have and the shape they're all in, there is something wrong. The boys look very very fit and some seem to have chucked on some bulk, especially Tooves and Brown. I just wish it was March

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
Rick Taurus

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:09 pm

Looks like Josh Caddy. I'm happy with this selection.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:18 pm

35forever wrote:
Bit surprised at our selections, but then its very hard to second guess Dekka, It just seems we ended up with a lot of skinny kids who might be guns, but probably not in 2015. Does Buckley seriously think he's got years to develop these kids? Surely he knows if Collingwood don't play finals next year he's gone? That's not my opinion, I think its pretty much everyones.
De Goey doesn’t look quite as skinny as he did in his reel, and might well play next year, but look at the arms on Darcy! The other two kids look mighty thin as well. I was mighty miffed that StKilda pinched Jack Lonie and Carlton stole Boekhorst, Looks like we telegraphed our punches again!
But didn't Essenscum have a bloody birthday!!?? No round ones and they snaffle LaVerde and Langford! How did that happen? They might be the only guys who run out for them in round 1, but still!

Ah well, if we don't do something in 2015 with the side we have and the shape they're all in, there is something wrong. The boys look very very fit and some seem to have chucked on some bulk, especially Tooves and Brown. I just wish it was March

Maynard is 88 kgs. Strong as an ox. I don't know what highlights packages you've been looking at but both De Goey and Maynard are powerfully built.
burnsy17 Virgo

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:24 pm

I'll accept apologies in writing and verbally....

Hi Swoop Wink

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:27 pm

bally12 wrote:

is that you dekka?

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:34 pm

Welcome to Collingwood Jordan Very Happy

After seeing his highlights reel I am impressed by him. I love his ability to kick the ball long and he looks like a smart footballer who makes the right choices when he has the ball. He'll need to bulk up but I have no doubt that it will happen when he gets to the club.

I must admit De Goey was not my first choice player for pick 5 but Dekka and the recruiting team know best and they seemed confident saying his name so I'm definitely happy with this. The fact that Laverde went down to pick 20 goes to show other clubs weren't too fond of him either.

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:34 pm

Well we've all wanted some size, strength and hardness around the stoppages and with Adams, Freeman, De Goey and Maynard we've got that in the years to come.
roar 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:37 pm

Don't forget Bob.
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:50 pm

35forever wrote:
It just seems we ended up with a lot of skinny kids who might be guns, but probably not in 2015.

It's called the "draft". There was one last year too, and in fact every year. All the players in it are young ones just out of school, or even still at school. Strange but true. Clubs take it in turns to pick them in the hope that some of them will turn out to be champions after a few more years of training and growing into adults. That is where all the big, grown up players come from. Despite what you may have heard, they don't turn up under cabbages, we make them out of a mixture of hard work and skinny kids.

Oh, and let me take this opportunity to welcome you to Planet Reality; it's not a bad place once you learn your way around. If you get lost again, just ask any Nickster for help. Well, almost any Nickster.

Dr Pie 

Dr Pie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:51 pm

I like De Goey because his performance in the TAC Grand Final, in which he kicked three goals, showed that he was a big occasion player. This was exactly the logic the club chose in selecting Daisy Thomas in 2005 and Steele Sidebottom in 2008 and both showed that they were big occasion players in 2010.

I was hoping that we would pick Peter Wright, but that was because I have no confidence in Ben Reid's ability to avoid injury and Jesse White's ability to play at AFL level. However Hine, Buckley et al have a better understanding of the club's needs than I do.

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:58 pm

Is it pronounced Gooey like Stewie or GO-ee like Snowy?
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:09 pm

Wokko wrote:
Is it pronounced Gooey like Stewie or GO-ee like Snowy?

Watching the highlights reel the commentators say the latter.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5   

Jump to: