Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

So we've got pick 5 and 30. Who do you want?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:02 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

^Are you the new Lazza?
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:22 am

swoop42 wrote:
^Are you the new Lazza?

Embarassed
Fatui Attata 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:23 pm

swoop42 wrote:
^Are you the new Lazza?

C'mon! We all know what Lazza's like!!

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:13 pm

The way Hine was talking it almost sounds like we could get anyone and we shouldn't pin our hopes to getting someone like Laverde, Wright or Pickett.

It will be interesting to see how it transpires on Thursday.

swoop42 Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:29 pm

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-11-25/the-phantom-draft

I'd rather Laverde to be honest.

Hope we don't take the hyphen at 30.

I'd be underwhelmed with this outcome.

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:43 pm

swoop42 wrote:

Sounds like Buckley's wet dream.

I'm over all the conjecture now tbh, lets get this over with. Laughing
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:57 pm

Laverde looks more classy than De Goey, but De Goey seems a more all round inside/outside player and a fiercer competitor. Long term, I sense that Laverde could become the better player, but De Goey looks like he could have an impact at senior footy almost immediately. Who knows which way we'll go, but I guess that's why Derek (I never smile) Hine is paid the big bucks. Wink
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:24 pm

Wokko wrote:
swoop42 wrote:

Sounds like Buckley's wet dream.

I'm over all the conjecture now tbh, lets get this over with. Laughing

same. whomever we pick we get behind and support. i'll be happy with any of them.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:32 am

RudeBoy wrote:
Laverde looks more classy than De Goey, but De Goey seems a more all round inside/outside player and a fiercer competitor. Long term, I sense that Laverde could become the better player, but De Goey looks like he could have an impact at senior footy almost immediately. Who knows which way we'll go, but I guess that's why Derek (I never smile) Hine is paid the big bucks. Wink

Agree - De Goey seems the more Likely to make a Impact in his 1st few seasons and still develop into a very good player. Well Rounded Game

Where Laverde has big upside to him. Though no Gurantee he would get there though

cityslick1 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:28 am

Despite his video, De Goey looks more Ben Davies than Nate Fyfe to me... doesnt have the height or athleticism... whilst Laverde has the pace, skills and athletic ability to become more of a Fyfe type - though actually reminds me more of Goddard.

Though there seems to be queries over his stamina & ball accumulation, so I trust Dekka to make the right call. Just hope the one we really want is still there at 5. & is anyone else feeling frustrated that in all of this the guy picked at 15 or 20, be it Ahern, Weller, Lamb, Wright or Steele could easily end up trumping our 5th pick in a few years. I wanted a guaranteed gun as part of the trade for Beams, whilst there seems to be a lot less security at 5, & more evenness between 5 - 20 than in the past.
cityslick1 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:28 am

dbl post
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:13 am

cityslick1 wrote:
...& is anyone else feeling frustrated that in all of this the guy picked at 15 or 20, be it Ahern, Weller, Lamb, Wright or Steele could easily end up trumping our 5th pick in a few years. I wanted a guaranteed gun as part of the trade for Beams, whilst there seems to be a lot less security at 5, & more evenness between 5 - 20 than in the past.

Exaclty my thoughts. We essentially traded Beams for Pick 15. What a jip of a draft year.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:00 am

Raw Hammer wrote:
cityslick1 wrote:
...& is anyone else feeling frustrated that in all of this the guy picked at 15 or 20, be it Ahern, Weller, Lamb, Wright or Steele could easily end up trumping our 5th pick in a few years. I wanted a guaranteed gun as part of the trade for Beams, whilst there seems to be a lot less security at 5, & more evenness between 5 - 20 than in the past.

Exaclty my thoughts. We essentially traded Beams for Pick 15. What a jip of a draft year.

The draft always has a level of uncertainty attached to it. Will be years before we actually know what the order should have been. Having pick 5 means we at least get the first crack at those 5-20 options so we make our own destiny.

By the same token, I think you're underselling the value of Greenwood and Crisp in the Beams deal. Hopefully they'll add some immediate return while we wait for pick 5 to develop. Let's see how it plays out over the next season or 2 before we get too down on the trade.
swoop42 Virgo

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:40 am

Happy draft day to you all!

Let us hope we don't receive any midgets as presents.

Rather socks and jocks.

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:22 am

jackcass wrote:
Raw Hammer wrote:
cityslick1 wrote:

The draft always has a level of uncertainty attached to it. Will be years before we actually know what the order should have been. Having pick 5 means we at least get the first crack at those 5-20 options so we make our own destiny.

By the same token, I think you're underselling the value of Greenwood and Crisp in the Beams deal. Hopefully they'll add some immediate return while we wait for pick 5 to develop. Let's see how it plays out over the next season or 2 before we get too down on the trade.

If we end up with DeGoey, Greenwood and Crisp for Beams, it's a good deal to me. It doesn't matter what point in the draft we pick up DeGoey, whether it's pick 5 or pick 30. Only matters to me that we have a long term replacement for Beams.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22
Page 22 of 22   

Jump to: