Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Emma Quayle's Top 30 in this years draft

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:05 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

swoop42 wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Presti35 wrote:
melliot wrote:
http://boundforglorynews.com/paige-cardonas-phantom-draft-6-0/

This is a pretty good mock draft. Has pies getting Laverde. Wright drops very late.

Yer, they've updated, or moved, a few around from their old one. But still the only phantom that goes well beyond pick 30.

Cavka at 30? Plays like Stanton? Outside mid? No thanks.

The one I want at 30 is Dan Mackenzie. But it's seeming more and more likely that he'll be gone by pick 30.

At 48, I want Ed Langdon or Howe.

And as far as pick five, I want Laverde. (Seems most likely).

Try this one, goes right through to rookie selections.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/snoop-dog-2014-phantom-draft.1081690/page-5#post-36089860

Snoop dog really rates Cavka and has him going at 21 to St.kilda.

Happy to take him, though if we overlook Wright and R.McKenzie is still available then he'd be enticing at 30 as well.

Then there is Rainbow, Maynard and Gore.

I want them all. Laughing

And their younger brothers!
magpieazza 

magpieazza

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:14 pm

didick wrote:
Stinger wrote:
magpieazza wrote:
I don't know what else to say except, "get a midfielder that can help Pendlebury out" ala Port Powers Olly Wines.

We still don't have midfield depth.

Going on 2014 its shite, even if there is upside and improvement to come, our midfield still lacks depth. Too many unknowns is the predicament, but I can only see what I see and its not as much as Hiney.

So from my lounge chair I see the potential improvement in the midfield coming from Swan, Adams, Fasolo, Dwyer, Broomhead, Freeman, Thomas, Seedsman and maybe Elliott.

I'm not sure if Kennedy, Karnesis, Sinclair and even Blair can provide us with what we need.

It pains me to say that we only have Pendlebury and Sidebottom that can give us class and grunt in the midfield, and like I said the rest have to prove themselves lock ins.

So on that basis I say get a midfielder that can impact straight away, whether that's Laverde or Ahern or Cockatoo or Pickett....I don't know.

I read somewhere that Laverde doesn't have big possession numbers and doesn't get his own ball, so for all those other qualities its hard to justify getting him at pick 5. I was in his corner now I don't know.

Interesting times hmmmm....

The player you are looking for is Freeman.

Greenwood?

Greenwood will help, but as far as soldiers on the field in the first 22 goes, Greenwood is a replacement for Beams.

Of all the players on our list that are cemented in the midfield there are only a few.

I'm only pointing out the obvious, in that we don't have a lot of elite midfielders. Pendlebury and Sidebottom are it.
Question marks over Swan and his injury and whether he can recapture his old form.
The rest are not elite yet and by getting a young midfielder it wont be guaranteed either but if we get a Wines or a Bontempelli it will go some way to filling in the gaps for now.

On the upside the future does look bright.

Stinger 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:22 pm

Yeah but my point is we have a jet midfielder waiting in the wings that is already drafted. We don't need to use this draft for Laverde ahern weller Langford et al. Go tall. You don't get the tall pick of the crop often.
magpieazza 

magpieazza

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:26 am

Fair enough, each to their own, but its the midfield I am worried about and who knows we may go with Wright and pick up a good midfielder with pick 30.

Remember our father son.

Podpicken Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:35 pm

magpieazza wrote:
Fair enough, each to their own, but its the midfield I am worried about and who knows we may go with Wright and pick up a good midfielder with pick 30.

Remember our father son.

Remember Beams was a pick 29, too. Proof you can land a bloody good mid around that area.

Stinger 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:18 pm

magpieazza wrote:

Remember our father son.

I suppose I'm looking a bit more long term. You can draft a midfielder any draft. If we draft another gun tall this draft, by the time he's hitting his strides Cloke will be in The twilight of his career.
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:31 pm

Stinger wrote:
magpieazza wrote:

Remember our father son.

I suppose I'm looking a bit more long term. You can draft a midfielder any draft. If we draft another gun tall this draft, by the time he's hitting his strides Cloke will be in The twilight of his career.

I think the club would like to go tall, but with the ?s over Scharenberg and the fact that he's a long way away at best means we have to go with a mid IMO, that and we've already got Moore.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:22 pm

Stinger wrote:
magpieazza wrote:

Remember our father son.

St Kilda thought this in 2000 when they took Koschitzke. Imagine if that mob had Didak instead. Usually it really is best to grab the 'best available'.
Stinger 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:46 pm

Wokko wrote:
Stinger wrote:
magpieazza wrote:

Remember our father son.

St Kilda thought this in 2000 when they took Koschitzke. Imagine if that mob had Didak instead. Usually it really is best to grab the 'best available'.

And Richmond took Delidio and Tambling v Franklin and Roughead. It works both ways. We need a goal kicking forward. And Wright can kick them.
magpieazza 

magpieazza

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:32 pm

I wonder if there are any mid range (eg. pick 20 to 50 ) talls that Collingwood have in mind. Either way we need an elite kicking mid and if it comes at pick 5 or pick 30 I don't mind.

I guess we cant lose with Wright, don't think I have heard any knock on him except he may not be a good contested mark because he outruns his oponents and marks unchallenged a lot, which is not such a bad thing.

Not sure on Langford at pick 5 though.

For me its still Laverde or Wright, along the lines of the best available theory.....but I would seriously love another player like Pendlebury , which brings me to Laverde.

Stupied 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:12 pm

magpieazza wrote:
I wonder if there are any mid range (eg. pick 20 to 50 ) talls that Collingwood have in mind. Either way we need an elite kicking mid and if it comes at pick 5 or pick 30 I don't mind.

I guess we cant lose with Wright, don't think I have heard any knock on him except he may not be a good contested mark because he outruns his oponents and marks unchallenged a lot, which is not such a bad thing.

Not sure on Langford at pick 5 though.

For me its still Laverde or Wright, along the lines of the best available theory.....but I would seriously love another player like Pendlebury , which brings me to Laverde.

If they had a mid range tall in mind it would have to be Reece McKenzie. Probably a 50/50 chance that he's still there at 30, but the kid has massive upside, and could end up being one of the best talls in this draft.
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:15 pm

swoop42 wrote:
Snoop dog really rates Cavka and has him going at 21 to St.kilda.

Happy to take him, though if we overlook Wright and R.McKenzie is still available then he'd be enticing at 30 as well.

Then there is Rainbow, Maynard and Gore.

I want them all. Laughing

Can he win the hard ball?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3   

Jump to: