Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#25 Jack Crisp

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 41, 42, 43  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:25 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

He will be known as Smiths, as in Smiths crisps.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
neil Sagittarius

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:35 am

I'm Brian
think better 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:07 am

neil wrote:
I'm Brian

and so is my wife.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:44 pm

Crispy crème doughnut ????

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:02 am

Crisp is a good size not just in terms of height. Given he can run like fury & given how well he played the last 6 games of this year we may well have picked up a beauty.

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/video/2014-10-22/a-crisp-introduction

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:15 am

watt price tully wrote:
Crisp is a good size not just in terms of height.

Nudge, nudge, wink, wink, say no more! Laughing
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:30 pm

Wokko wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
Crisp is a good size not just in terms of height.

Nudge, nudge, wink, wink, say no more! Laughing

Is it girth by sea?

He does look solid though

The_Staunton Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:01 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
Maybe we could call him Crunchy or Chips?

Peppermint?

35forever 

"I feel sick - dada dada dada da"

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:04 pm

I gotta say, I'm really liking the look of that left hoof! Even better he seems confident with either foot, and he doesn't mind a run. If he could be made to play at his best week in week out he could turn out to be anything, Given that we really only got him as a tidbit to make 5 & 25 more palatable, it would be a massive coup if he turned out to be a champion, and he certainly has the skills, plus he's only 21, and has been racking up awards left right and centre in the NEAFL, including BOG in the 2013 GF. I'm surprised I'd never heard of the guy before this trade. In fact he's not unlike Greenwood, another left footer, though the latter is more an inside mid. I've always had a thing for lefties, and both these guys can kick it a mile. Added to that we're likely to pick up Jayden LaVerde, who is not going to be a thirty disposal per game player, rather he's a tall quick, flashy player who is great overhead and fond of a spectacular grab or two. Exactly what we've been missing since the loss of Daisy and Kraks. Between he, Darcy and Elliot we might find 2015 is the year of the speccy! If we then picked up big Mckernan in the pre-season i'd be very happy with our draft/trade period, though it's unlikely Moore and LaVerde would play AFL until they've put a little meat on, We'd look like a flamingo colony with those two on deck! And certainly no one could call us 'short' any more, Greenwood is just north of mid-sized, Crisp is tall, Laverde is taller, Moore is taller again, and Mason Cox is bloody huge! Imagine if we could turn the 7 foot Seppo into a player, we could just play "keepings off" all the way to goal!

In short, it's possible that in 2015 we could see the debuts of Greenwood, Crisp, LaVerde, Freeman, McKernan, Sharenberg, Varcoe, Darcy Moore, Mason Cox, and whoever Dekka picks up at 30, and that could be quite a player given the depth this year. That's 10 new players! Of course no one ever won a flag with 10 debutants, three seems to be the sweet spot, but given that there really are no limits on what any of these players, perhaps except Varcoe, could end up being, 2015 might be an exciting year if nothing else.
My biggest hope is that all our new guys are drilled a million times over in ball handling and kicking. Without those skills, the lack of which made us look dopey at times in 2014, we won't do anything in 2015 or beyond. Unless we see an end to scores like 5.19, no amount of new players will help. Let's hope the coaching panel recognise this and have a plan to improve it dramatically.

PS: "Smith's" simply won't work, it's too hard to say fast or yell, A good nick needs to end in a vowel: 'ee', as in 'Crispy', 'o', as in 'Jacko', 'a', as in 'Jezza', or at least 'er' as in 'Beamer'. 'S' only works when preceded by a hard consonant, as in 'Daics', 'Dids', or 'Pants'... 'Bucks' even!
More thought please!

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
Flashman 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:16 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Crispy crème doughnut ????

No player wants to get donuts in a game ala Leon Davis 2002 GF. Embarassed
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:17 pm

35forever wrote:
I gotta say, I'm really liking the look of that left hoof! Even better he seems confident with either foot, and he doesn't mind a run. If he could be made to play at his best week in week out he could turn out to be anything, Given that we really only got him as a tidbit to make 5 & 25 more palatable, it would be a massive coup if he turned out to be a champion, and he certainly has the skills, plus he's only 21, and has been racking up awards left right and centre in the NEAFL, including BOG in the 2013 GF. I'm surprised I'd never heard of the guy before this trade. In fact he's not unlike Greenwood, another left footer, though the latter is more an inside mid. I've always had a thing for lefties, and both these guys can kick it a mile. Added to that we're likely to pick up Jayden LaVerde, who is not going to be a thirty disposal per game player, rather he's a tall quick, flashy player who is great overhead and fond of a spectacular grab or two. Exactly what we've been missing since the loss of Daisy and Kraks. Between he, Darcy and Elliot we might find 2015 is the year of the speccy! If we then picked up big Mckernan in the pre-season i'd be very happy with our draft/trade period, though it's unlikely Moore and LaVerde would play AFL until they've put a little meat on, We'd look like a flamingo colony with those two on deck! And certainly no one could call us 'short' any more, Greenwood is just north of mid-sized, Crisp is tall, Laverde is taller, Moore is taller again, and Mason Cox is bloody huge! Imagine if we could turn the 7 foot Seppo into a player, we could just play "keepings off" all the way to goal!

In short, it's possible that in 2015 we could see the debuts of Greenwood, Crisp, LaVerde, Freeman, McKernan, Sharenberg, Varcoe, Darcy Moore, Mason Cox, and whoever Dekka picks up at 30, and that could be quite a player given the depth this year. That's 10 new players! Of course no one ever won a flag with 10 debutants, three seems to be the sweet spot, but given that there really are no limits on what any of these players, perhaps except Varcoe, could end up being, 2015 might be an exciting year if nothing else.
My biggest hope is that all our new guys are drilled a million times over in ball handling and kicking. Without those skills, the lack of which made us look dopey at times in 2014, we won't do anything in 2015 or beyond. Unless we see an end to scores like 5.19, no amount of new players will help. Let's hope the coaching panel recognise this and have a plan to improve it dramatically.

PS: "Smith's" simply won't work, it's too hard to say fast or yell, A good nick needs to end in a vowel: 'ee', as in 'Crispy', 'o', as in 'Jacko', 'a', as in 'Jezza', or at least 'er' as in 'Beamer'. 'S' only works when preceded by a hard consonant, as in 'Daics', 'Dids', or 'Pants'... 'Bucks' even!
More thought please!

I feel pretty much the same 35f. Next season is already looking very exciting. As for a nickname, I think I'll be using either Smithy or Crispy.
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:59 pm

35forever wrote:

More thought please!

How about Burnie? As in burnt to a crisp, might be appropriate if his foot skills aren't up to scratch.

You like this.
35forever 

"I feel sick - dada dada dada da"

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:05 pm

Well its possible that we won't be competitive, no one knows, but we will almost certainly be interesting, perhaps exciting.
I was convinced that the 'fab 4' of Petracca, McCartin, Wright and Brayshaw were the only kids likely to become stars, (I predict Petracca will become as big a name at StKilda as Reiwoldt, Hayes, Barker or Neil) but the more I see of LaVerde the better I like him and the more he seems to fill a big gap at Collingwood, the flashy, exciting tall who can take a big mark and get the army going off, in fact we've got two such if you add Darcy. I thought a tall mid was vital for us in the draft, hence Brayshaw, but Greenwood, Crisp and Freeman should be able to fill that need making LaVerde an exciting bonus.

I think 'Crispy' is probably right too, maybe 'Smiddy'?

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:11 pm

35forever wrote:
Well its possible that we won't be competitive, no one knows, but we will almost certainly be interesting, perhaps exciting.
I was convinced that the 'fab 4' of Petracca, McCartin, Wright and Brayshaw were the only kids likely to become stars, (I predict Petracca will become as big a name at StKilda as Reiwoldt, Hayes, Barker or Neil) but the more I see of LaVerde the better I like him and the more he seems to fill a big gap at Collingwood, the flashy, exciting tall who can take a big mark and get the army going off, in fact we've got two such if you add Darcy. I thought a tall mid was vital for us in the draft, hence Brayshaw, but Greenwood, Crisp and Freeman should be able to fill that need making LaVerde an exciting bonus.

I think 'Crispy' is probably right too, maybe 'Smiddy'?

I think it's to early for fan appointed Nick names, a lot will depend on how he plays, if he plays with heart JC might be appropriate, but if he doesn't names like Lance-Waylen and PiesNchess will come into play.

You like this.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:40 am

Welcome to Collingwood Jack Smile

Some supporters have questioned the recruitment of Crisp but I'm happy to have him especially at an age where he can still develop into a solid player for the side. I got the impression from watching his interview on the club's website that he seems stoked to be playing for us. It's a bonus that his girlfriend actually barracks for the Pies!

I've seen some highlights of Crisp and his biggest strength in my opinion is his ability to keep running non-stop to get first use of the ball. This is a sign that he has good endurance about him. He needs some work on his disposal but I think he'll get there with further persistence and development.

His stats from the last six games he played for the Lions late this season was very promising. In most games he obtained 20 disposals or more which is a great sign that things may begin to progress for him.

I really hope he can be a great player for the club and he rewards us for placing faith in him. I'm really looking forward to watching his development and supporting him.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 41, 42, 43  Next
Page 7 of 43   

Jump to: