Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Luke Lowden

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rick Taurus

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:37 am
Post subject: Luke LowdenReply with quote

With Mitch Clark choosing the Cats as his preferred club, I wonder if the Pies might try to secure Luke Lowden from the Hawks to fill the ruck/forward position.

It has been reported that he has requested to seek a trade and that the Power were keen until Ryder and Gorringe became available.

Lowden kicked 3 goals on debut (his only game) against the Eagles this season and was a proven goal kicker in the VFL.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:24 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

The attraction of Clark was that he could play purely as a KPF and still impact, would have been ahead of Moore, Gault, and probably White in the selection order once he got some form and fitness. Not sure Lowden can or that he offers any more advantage to the team than playing Witts and Grundy. If we do miss on Clark, I'd prefer to see Gault and Moore given opportunities as a 3rd forward.
woftam Gemini

I used to be undecided, but now I'm not so sure.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:28 am

jackcass wrote:
The attraction of Clark was that he could play purely as a KPF and still impact, would have been ahead of Moore, Gault, and probably White in the selection order once he got some form and fitness. Not sure Lowden can or that he offers any more advantage to the team than playing Witts and Grundy. If we do miss on Clark, I'd prefer to see Gault and Moore given opportunities as a 3rd forward.

I'm not sure using Lowden as a forward would be our intention. We still need another ruck for back up for our 2 young guys. If one has an injury we need a genuine ruck to be able to step in & not use part timers.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:15 pm

woftam wrote:
jackcass wrote:

I'm not sure using Lowden as a forward would be our intention. We still need another ruck for back up for our 2 young guys. If one has an injury we need a genuine ruck to be able to step in & not use part timers.

OP said to fill the forward/ruck position... recruiting ruck depth a totally different discussion. On that though Lowden would only be leaving the Hawks for greater senior opportunities. He could stay at the Hawks to play VFL and not sure he could climb over Witts or Grundy for senior time.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:12 pm

He'll be 24 at the start of next season so should just be starting to come into his own as a ruckman but whether a 24 year old ruckman with one game of AFL experience offers much more than Witts or Grundy can in the short term is open to debate.

At this stage if both Witts and Grundy went down with injury we'd have no genuine ruck back up but is it worth taking a player purely in case that scenario occurs especially one whose age/experience profile would suggest he mightn't be a better alternative to those named above and could spend a lot of time at VFL level?

I'm not totally against it but it would have to be at the right price.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:19 pm

Would be a Good Get and would cost about the Same as Clark.

But without the Depression and Injuries

Podpicken Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:21 pm

Dave The Man wrote:

I agree Dave. If he works out, he'll be there for a decade, too, not two or three like Clark would have been.

Big T 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:45 pm

Yeah, he can't get a game ahead of Ceglar, but he seems ok. Guess we have to settle for that.
Podpicken Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:59 pm

for now. Came in and performed very well against Eagles, I like him. And I like him better than Ceglar already.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:40 pm

"1:12pm: Wright has also added:

- Despite Frawley's signature, key defender Ryan Schoenmakers was committed to staying at the club. Schoenmakers is contracted for 2015. Wright said that there had "not really" been any interest in Schoenmalkers from other clubs, nor had clubs fielded offers for fringe ruckman Luke Lowden."

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/afl/afl-news/afl-trade-period-2014-day-one-20141006-3hcra.html
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:41 pm

Ended up going to Adelaide.
Arch@M32 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:25 pm

Podpicken wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:

I agree Dave. If he works out, he'll be there for a decade, too, not two or three like Clark would have been.

I don't think Clarke will last two or three decades.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: