Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The "What do we get for Beams?" thread

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 64, 65, 66, 67  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:06 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Domesticated_Ape wrote:
Museman wrote:
Greenwood is not a Beams replacement, he's not the same type, Greenwood would appear to me to be a Caff replacement...maybe even an upgrade, but a Beams replacement we do not have, did not get, our midfield was sh!thouse this year...we are in all sorts of shit next year.......

Greenwood a poor mans Luke Ball I reckon. Beams is a loss. But next year was always going to depend on the development of Seedsman, Broomhead, Kennedy, Adams, Witts, Grundy, Langdon, Williams, Keefe, Frost, Freeman, Karnezis, Thomas, Fasolo, Ramsey, Marsh, Gault and Oxley.

You can probably add Crisp and pick 5 to that list soon.

If Greenwood can continue his form of this year he can be the equal of Ball from 2010/11 IMO, with more scoring power.

He'll certainly be better than the Ball of the last couple of years.

If all goes well people are forgetting we'll be adding a young guy named Freeman to our midfield next season and we'll see Broomhead and Kennedy continue to improve. Thomas with more opportunity may as well.

All is not lost with one player leaving.

swoop42 Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:11 pm

Surprising that the trade hasn't gone through as yet.

Could there still be hope of a Beams to GWS scenario?

Are north wanting more for Greenwood?

With pick 23 back on the table do we want more out of the trade for Lumumba?

Museman 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:12 pm

swoop42 wrote:
Greenwood is far more Beams like than Macaffer.

Greenwood averaged the second most disposals for North across the year.

Macaffer was 20th for us.
Greenwood had 34 scoring shots. Beams 39.

That why he'd be an upgrade, beams was a forward of the ball mover and a far more outside player, greenwood is defence first...more inside can also tag.

Nothing like Beams.

Ps, I think given no Ball and the loss of Caff, Greenwood was about as good a get as we could have hoped for, we are just hurt beyond repair for 15 though the loss of Beams.

Unless we see a bolt out of the blue(doubt it)

Last edited by Museman on Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Domesticated_Ape Sagittarius

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:18 pm

swoop42 wrote:
Domesticated_Ape wrote:
Museman wrote:
Greenwood is not a Beams replacement, he's not the same type, Greenwood would appear to me to be a Caff replacement...maybe even an upgrade, but a Beams replacement we do not have, did not get, our midfield was sh!thouse this year...we are in all sorts of shit next year.......

Greenwood a poor mans Luke Ball I reckon. Beams is a loss. But next year was always going to depend on the development of Seedsman, Broomhead, Kennedy, Adams, Witts, Grundy, Langdon, Williams, Keefe, Frost, Freeman, Karnezis, Thomas, Fasolo, Ramsey, Marsh, Gault and Oxley.

You can probably add Crisp and pick 5 to that list soon.

If Greenwood can continue his form of this year he can be the equal of Ball from 2010/11 IMO, with more scoring power.

He'll certainly be better than the Ball of the last couple of years.

If all goes well people are forgetting we'll be adding a young guy named Freeman to our midfield next season and we'll see Broomhead and Kennedy continue to improve. Thomas with more opportunity may as well.

All is not lost with one player leaving.

I rate Bally really highly. If Greenwood can be as good as he was in 2010/11, then he was probably worth pick 12-15 in this draft and we got him for a steal. Not sure if it'll work out that way though. Wink

swoop42 wrote:
Surprising that the trade hasn't gone through as yet.

Could there still be hope of a Beams to GWS scenario?

Are north wanting more for Greenwood?

With pick 23 back on the table do we want more out of the trade for Lumumba?

It's gotta be us wanting that extra pick in the 20's or maybe even pick 3, doesn't it? Razz

God I hope so. If we come out of it all with a swap of Beams, H, 30 and 48 for Greenwood, Varcoe, Crisp and 3 that's a win overall when you consider we have Moore up our sleeve.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:55 pm

^^Well, Melbourne no longer need pick 23 to trade Trengove.
swoop42 Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:02 pm

I can't understand why the club is seemingly prepared to take unders for the combined trade of Beams and Lumumba.

If we want Varcoe and the cats are happy to take pick 30 for him why do we need to involve Melbourne and there dealings for Clark in the trade?

It should be as follows.

Beams for 5, 25 and Crisp.

Pick 25 for Greenwood.

Pick 30 for Varcoe.

Lumumba, pick 48 for pick 23.

This is the deal we should be doing.

If Melbourne don't like then look to trade Lumumba to North for pick 25.

This has been a major balls up by the club if we don't end up with pick 23 or 25.

stoliboy Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:12 pm

Beam's brother just posted this on twitter:

@ClayeBeams: Who would of thought a player wanting to be closer to his ill dad would bring all the gutless keyboard warriors out, must not have families

swoop42 Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:19 pm

So Claye playing at Gold Coast wouldn't result in Dayne being closer to your ill dad?

Your father lives on the Gold Coast does he not?

He can go there if willing to play for less which surely any loving son would do if it meant being closer to his ill dad.

Thought not.

Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:24 pm

stoliboy wrote:

@ClayeBeams: Who would of thought a player wanting to be closer to his ill dad would bring all the gutless keyboard warriors out, must not have families

And it only took 800kpa to get Dayne to move closer to his sick father lol.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Breadcrawl 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:28 pm

John Wren wrote:
how do you conclude crisp could be an upgrade on blair? they're not fighting for the same role.

He seemed to be playing as a forward in the games he played at the end of the year wrenny (I watched some replays last night). Not as a lead up player, he was running from the flank inside 50, getting to the fall of the ball, and darting into gaps to receive 15-20 metre sideways kicks in better goal-kicking spots. Also tackling and harassing defenders trying to clear the ball. I absolutely think he could put pressure on Blair for his spot, assuming he can't beat Pendles, Swan, Adams, Thomas, Greenwood, Varcoe, Kennedy, Broomhead, Williams, Seedsman out for a spot in the middle.

I think our Beams replacement is already playing for us. Elliott enters his 4th season and should be ready for some rotations in the midfield. His stats for this year are really interesting. In 17 games he kicked more goals than he did in 20 games last year, partly thanks to increased accuracy (he kicked 33 goals and 11 behinds. Compared to 6 goals and 11 behinds in his first season). He also managed more possessions in three fewer games, ten more marks and he kicked much more than he handballs, with 38 more kicks and 30 fewer handpasses.

He got substantially better last year. If we keep playing him as a forward I think he's a good chance to kick 50 goals next year. But he might be even more damaging to the opposition kicking 30 from the midfield.

Domesticated_Ape Sagittarius

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:35 pm

swoop42 wrote:
I can't understand why the club is seemingly prepared to take unders for the combined trade of Beams and Lumumba.

If we want Varcoe and the cats are happy to take pick 30 for him why do we need to involve Melbourne and there dealings for Clark in the trade?

It should be as follows.

Beams for 5, 25 and Crisp.

Pick 25 for Greenwood.

Pick 30 for Varcoe.

Lumumba, pick 48 for pick 23.

This is the deal we should be doing.

If Melbourne don't like then look to trade Lumumba to North for pick 25.

This has been a major balls up by the club if we don't end up with pick 23 or 25.

I hear ya and I'm hoping something like that happens. It seems like we've agreed that Varcoe, H and Clarke are all about equal though. Still, we've got those two picks at 30 and 48. So maybe this -

Brisbane
In: Beams, picks 30, 67
Out: Daniel Merrett*, Crisp, picks 5 and 25

Pies
In: Greenwood, Crisp, Varcoe, pick 3
Out: Beams, H, picks 30, 48, 67

Melbourne
In: Lumumba, Merrett*, picks 5, 48
Out: Clarke, pick 3

Geelong
In: Clarke
Out: Varcoe

North
In: Pick 25
Out: Greenwood

*I think Melbourne had an interest in Merrett didn't they?

As for Claye Beams, far-kim! He wont get a game next year with Dayne in the side. He was probably praying they'd trade Aish or Redden to us.
September Zeros 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:43 pm

stoliboy wrote:

Maybe claye should direct his anger at daynes management who have let him burn a lot of people on his way out.

Ie. Perhaps if he'd made a few public statements of the like, swallowed his discomfort and turned up to the Copeland and did a little thank you speech to the supporters and club and gave his reasons, perhaps if he'd even just stayed home instead of out for drinks with mates on the night, perhaps if he'd helped the club not get screwed over by the Brions in his trade ( if you still loved the pies but simply had to leave for dad, you only had to hold one meeting with GCS to drive the Brisbane trade up mate). Perhaps if he'd have been seen to make a little effort in these regards, there wouldn't be so much Ill will claye.

There's a hefty price tag attached to this move too. Whilst I think some are over the top in their verbal abuse of Dayne, to the outsiders looking in, it's looked less and less like a guy going home to his sick father (currently residing on the GOLD COAST) and more and more like a player chasing dollars (in BRISBANE) Which is fine, only people feel they've been fed a line. If dayne would come out and say categorically that the only reason he is leaving is his dad, fine. But the silence is deafening and many suspect it's only part of the reason, with going home, money and problems with people at collingwood playing just as big a role. In which case come out and say it.

I can understand the resentment.

I don't hate dayne, but I'm pretty indifferent to him to now. And very disappointed.

Unfortunately he's now just another player who used to play for us.

They used to be a happy team at hawthorn.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:54 am

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/dayne-beams-traded-to-brisbane-lions-as-part-of-fiveway-deal/story-fn69a32t-1227090511947
Quote:

The paperwork for the five-club mega trade that was expected to deliver Beams to the Gabba yesterday was not lodged with the AFL before 5pm, ensuring the long-running saga will continue into another day.

But it is expected to be signed, sealed and delivered this morning.

Brisbane will receive Beams and pick 67 at next month’s draft from the Pies with picks 5, 25 and Lions midfielder Jack Crisp going to Collingwood.

The five-club deal would also see:

• North Melbourne receive pick 25 from Collingwood (obtained from Brisbane) for midfielder Levi Greenwood.

• Collingwood defender Heritier Lumumba going to Melbourne.

• Melbourne forward Mitch Clark going to Geelong.

• Geelong midfielder Travis Varcoe going to Collingwood.

No mention of picks 30 and 48 there.

Quote:
The Beams trade could go ahead separately from the other deals but Collingwood is insisting on pushing them through together.

I wonder why we insist they go through at the same time though?

Could possibly be that we're after either pick 3 or 23 from Melbourne, but we don't trust them. Confused
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:56 am

September Zeros wrote:
stoliboy wrote:

Maybe claye should direct his anger at daynes management who have let him burn a lot of people on his way out.

Ie. Perhaps if he'd made a few public statements of the like, swallowed his discomfort and turned up to the Copeland and did a little thank you speech to the supporters and club and gave his reasons, perhaps if he'd even just stayed home instead of out for drinks with mates on the night, perhaps if he'd helped the club not get screwed over by the Brions in his trade ( if you still loved the pies but simply had to leave for dad, you only had to hold one meeting with GCS to drive the Brisbane trade up mate). Perhaps if he'd have been seen to make a little effort in these regards, there wouldn't be so much Ill will claye.

There's a hefty price tag attached to this move too. Whilst I think some are over the top in their verbal abuse of Dayne, to the outsiders looking in, it's looked less and less like a guy going home to his sick father (currently residing on the GOLD COAST) and more and more like a player chasing dollars (in BRISBANE) Which is fine, only people feel they've been fed a line. If dayne would come out and say categorically that the only reason he is leaving is his dad, fine. But the silence is deafening and many suspect it's only part of the reason, with going home, money and problems with people at collingwood playing just as big a role. In which case come out and say it.

I can understand the resentment.

I don't hate dayne, but I'm pretty indifferent to him to now. And very disappointed.

Unfortunately he's now just another player who used to play for us.

Well said SZ. Having his brother take cheap shots from the bleachers hardly enhances the way the Beams camp have handled this situation.
swoop42 Virgo

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:00 am

^I hope we are trying for pick 23 but I dare say we are trying to mask the Beams compensation with the trumpeting of the Greenwood and Varcoe signings.

A bit like a government releasing bad unemployment figures on Melbourne cup day.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 64, 65, 66, 67  Next
Page 65 of 67   

Jump to: