Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The "What do we get for Beams?" thread

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 65, 66, 67  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GoWoodsmen 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:07 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

When I first heard about the Dangerfield play I thought "yeah right".... but to the best of my knowledge the Crows haven't even commented on it... for mine that makes it a serious possibility. If it were a possibility then it's down to what the Crows want from Brisbane. Pick 4 and???

We have to play hard ball. Our club is a business, they have a 2 year contract left on one of the best players in the comp. You do not, even in these circumstances, let him go for anything less than the best. As I said in another thread our age/experience profile has gone waaaaayyy to far to youth/inexperience. We must replace Beams with an experienced player. Pick 4 is irrelevant at this stage I believe.

We shall see I guess.

GoWoodsmen 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:11 am

Apparently we can forget retaining him... well that's just sh** isn't it.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/dayne-beams-will-rebuff-collingwood-attempts-to-retain-him-demanding-trade-to-brisbane-lions/story-fndv8g1a-1227073150293

I actually feel quite angry after that. Is it possible the Pies will say sit the year out instead of dealing??

Sounds to me their sending a few warning shots across the bow of Brisbane. Put something amazing up or forget it, regardless of the humanitarian element in play here.

If he is now demanding Brisbane and won't talk of going to the Suns I sense there is something fishy going on.

Damn I'm really angry now. Get Dangerfield... make it happen.

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:39 am

Bucks wrote:
If Pearce Hanley wanted to come home and play with his brother at Collingwood, Brisbane would be asking for Pendlebury or Beams. They are the players we will be asking for. Its up to Brisbane to work it out. That is their issue, he told ABC Radio.

Looks like maybe Adams isn't Buckley's favourite player Confused.

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:42 am

AN_Inkling wrote:
Bucks wrote:
If Pearce Hanley wanted to come home and play with his brother at Collingwood, Brisbane would be asking for Pendlebury or Beams. They are the players we will be asking for. Its up to Brisbane to work it out. That is their issue, he told ABC Radio.

Looks like maybe Adams isn't Buckley's favourite player Confused.

I'm confused by your confusion. Confused

What's the confusion here?

Laughing

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:50 am

^^Just that if Hanley was coming to Collingwood Brisbane would be asking for Pendlebury or Beams. Maybe they would, but it's not a good comparison to the deal we're trying to strike as it's nowhere near fair price.

Clearly though, Hanley is in his thinking. He'd certainly be a good addition to our backline.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:22 am

Fire Up wrote:
the suns are starting to get involved with beams. think they are willing to give up early pick and player.

what is swallow and o'meara's contract at?

we have enough talls, we will need a midfielder seeing as swan is almost/is 30

Swallow re-signed this year so he's contracted to the Suns until the end of 2017 and O'Meara re-signed last year which extends his deal with the Suns until the end of 2016.

Albert Parker 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:20 am

Pearce Hanley just had his brother join him in Brisbane. He's not coming to Collingwood unfortunately.

Beams declared his father had beaten cancer 2 weeks ago. That's great news for him, and while I realise there is risk of a relapse, it seems to make it a little less necessary to disappear from Collingwood.

Museman 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:21 am

AN_Inkling wrote:
^^Just that if Hanley was coming to Collingwood Brisbane would be asking for Pendlebury or Beams. Maybe they would, but it's not a good comparison to the deal we're trying to strike as it's nowhere near fair price.

Clearly though, Hanley is in his thinking. He'd certainly be a good addition to our backline.

You think? Embarassed

Not a very good negotiating technique, he's made Hanley sound the equal of beams....

Feels like amateur hour at Collingwood, if I smell blood the wolves almost certainly do.............
GoWoodsmen 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:11 am

Albert Parker wrote:
Pearce Hanley just had his brother join him in Brisbane. He's not coming to Collingwood unfortunately.

Beams declared his father had beaten cancer 2 weeks ago. That's great news for him, and while I realise there is risk of a relapse, it seems to make it a little less necessary to disappear from Collingwood.

If this is true, what the hell is going on? Sorry but if that's the case then that strengthens our position if you ask me, regardless of Beams' wishes.

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:22 am

^^The word is that he's already had a relapse.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:27 am

RudeBoy wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
I'd prefer pick 7 and a player from GC, lots more talent to pick from who've done the yards and are ready to do soon if not now. Much better IMO.

If Brisbane is the preferred option I have NFI what players they have that we may want. Not sure if just taking an inferior (to Dayne) midfielder is the way to go, we have enough of those already.

The problem is stui that the Suns have not declared any interest in trading for Beams.

Give it time. Players of Beams quality don't become available all too often.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:36 am

GoWoodsmen wrote:
Albert Parker wrote:

If this is true, what the hell is going on? Sorry but if that's the case then that strengthens our position if you ask me, regardless of Beams' wishes.

Rumour is that his father may not have been completely honest with the family when he was claiming he'd beaten cancer and only last week disclosed the reality of his situation, and that apparently is not good. Obviously no public statements so it remains guess work at this stage.
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:09 pm

Simply must play hardball on this one. Lions reckon pick 4 and that's it. Reckon they can wait a year. Well f@ck em! They can wait.
axl13 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:37 pm

if he plays for us next year we will receive bugger all in the free agency for him. So we have to get the best possible trade this season for him
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:44 pm

axl13 wrote:
if he plays for us next year we will receive bugger all in the free agency for him. So we have to get the best possible trade this season for him

Yep. I reckon that is on the money.

Otherwise we hope like hell that the Lions do worse than 4th bottom next year.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 65, 66, 67  Next
Page 3 of 67   

Jump to: