Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The "What do we get for Beams?" thread

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 65, 66, 67  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bwphantom Virgo

It's Better to Burn Out Than to Fade Away

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:33 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

BBHS wrote:
Brisbane have nothing we want or need. This is going to be ugly.

They will need to trade up to pick 1. Daynes Beams is a ready made superstar and they will be low balling us the whole time. Especially as they are trying to get Ryder as well.

Ryder will go to port...we are in the box seat.

Jock McHale
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
neil Sagittarius

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:36 pm

Let him go to GC Suns for pick 4 and 7
If its family reasons then he will be happy

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:06 pm

What is everyone's preference pick 4 and a player from Brisbane or picks 7 and 14 from the Gold Coast?

If we came to an in principle agreement with Brisbane before the trade period I wonder how we rate McCartin and Wright compared to Moore?

One of those is likely to be still available at pick 4 (Wright most likely) so if Hine rated him higher than Moore could we be more inclined to pass on Moore if pick 8 is required to secure him?

What would be your preference lock Moore away at 8 and choose the best midfielder at 4 or take the best player which might another kpp?

Then again if we could somehow trade Beams and our second rounder for picks 7 and 14 we could keep pick 14 up our sleeve to trade with a club for a ready made player not at the club Beams is traded to (gives us more options) and still have two picks back to back within the top 10.

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:33 pm

^^We need to maximize our chances of picking up truly elite talent. Pick 4 and a player is better than 7 and 14.

I'd take pick 4 and say a Mayes from Brisbane (it looks as if Beams will not want to go to GCS). Draft the best available mid at 4, take Moore at 8 and we have 4 top 10 picks in two years. Two mids, one tall and one medium. A good mix of potential stars.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:59 pm

I'd prefer pick 7 and a player from GC, lots more talent to pick from who've done the yards and are ready to do soon if not now. Much better IMO.

If Brisbane is the preferred option I have NFI what players they have that we may want. Not sure if just taking an inferior (to Dayne) midfielder is the way to go, we have enough of those already.

Rick Taurus

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:47 pm

A combination of top 10 pick plus a quality player is a must.

From Brisbane a player of Redden, Rich, Rockliff, Zorko or Aishs quality.

It'd funny funny if it ended up being Rockliff after he publicly stated that Dayne should come to Brisbane.

From the Suns a player of Swallow, O'Meara, maybe Prestia, Lynch or perhaps Lonergan + a third rounder.
bwphantom Virgo

It's Better to Burn Out Than to Fade Away

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:51 pm

Aish is out ineligible to be traded only drafted in 2013 for 2014 season.

Would take lions round 1 and Bewick? Impressed with his games this year...however he did just sign a 2 year contract.

Jock McHale
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
swoop42 Virgo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:09 pm

If we ended up with pick 4 in the draft would there be any way we could weasel our way up to Melbourne's pick 2 with Lumumba involved in any deal?

Pick 4, 2nd rounder, Lumumba

for

Pick 2, 3rd rounder, Clark

inxs88 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:44 pm

I like it Swoop 42 plus the female profile pic too!
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:23 pm

inxs88 wrote:
I like it Swoop 42 plus the female profile pic too!

That's Deborah Ann Woll who plays Jessica in True Blood. Lots of nudity, sex, blood and violence and a decent story line too. Don't think Deborah has gone nude in the show yet, which now that I think about it makes her a bit unusual Laughing
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:53 pm

swoop42 wrote:
If we ended up with pick 4 in the draft would there be any way we could weasel our way up to Melbourne's pick 2 with Lumumba involved in any deal?

Pick 4, 2nd rounder, Lumumba

for

Pick 2, 3rd rounder, Clark

I would hope so. I'm setting myself up for disappointment in the draft. It's Petracca or bust. Even if we had pick 2, I bet the Saints take him.

If we know for sure that Petracca will go at 1 and Wright and McCartin will go 2 and 3. Then stay at 4 and use Lumumba in another deal. I don't want the talls.

swoop42 Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:56 am

I would have thought that the saints would have went for McCartin with Riewoldt just about done and no one that I can think coming through with such high level potential like Moore for us this year.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:16 am

Firstly let's not give up hope on Dayne staying. He would be in a bit of shock at the moment with all this happening to his dad so it could be time and some hard work by Eddie and Pert could find a way to appease Dayne. Also the with his mum and sister moving home (Dayne's dad and mother have been divorced for nearly 20yrs but remained close because of the 3 kids) Dayne might feel with all this support may be enough if he can get up there every second week for a day or 2.
Assuming Eddie and Pert can't get a solution to Dayne's problems then we need to make a decision on where we are at exactly and do we want to go for a ready made replacement or go full on for a rebuild.
If we decide to look for a replacement then my preference would be pick 4 and Daniel Rich a very good player who may now be borderline to them with there current mid field and Beams arriving.
Take pick 4 and a player who is borderline in our side maybe a Fasalo type and look to trade to Adelaide with maybe trading 2nd or 3rd rd picks to upgrade them for Dangerfield.
If we want to go into full rebuild mode then chase pick 4 and upgrade our next selections as well.
Trade H to Melbourne for 1st round pick then identify a couple of borderline players to trade to upgrade our 2nd & 3rd round picks. Try to end up with 5 picks inside top 30
Fire Up Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:15 pm

the suns are starting to get involved with beams. think they are willing to give up early pick and player.

what is swallow and o'meara's contract at?

we have enough talls, we will need a midfielder seeing as swan is almost/is 30
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:03 am

stui magpie wrote:
I'd prefer pick 7 and a player from GC, lots more talent to pick from who've done the yards and are ready to do soon if not now. Much better IMO.

If Brisbane is the preferred option I have NFI what players they have that we may want. Not sure if just taking an inferior (to Dayne) midfielder is the way to go, we have enough of those already.

The problem is stui that the Suns have not declared any interest in trading for Beams.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 65, 66, 67  Next
Page 2 of 67   

Jump to: