Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Well Done Freo Cheer Squad

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:09 am
Post subject: Well Done Freo Cheer SquadReply with quote

They must have had 5000 or so supporters there tonight and yet, even when 8 goals down, we still heard the slow freo chant. They make us look second rate.
What's happened to our noise? There was zilch last week...and I mean via the TV........no rocking the G.
Why Joff?
joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:41 am
Post subject: Re: Well Done Freo Cheer SquadReply with quote

Freo Supporters are good mate they are masters at making noise..Well done to them. The long slow Collingwoood chant idea was born at Subiaco some ten years ago after hearing them chanting the Freo chant right around Subiaco Oval and i mean right around. You sat there with tingles going down the back..They are very very good.

Going intersate raises the bar somewhat. The Magpie Army is the loudest when interstate either at Football park or Subiaco or ANZ Stadium in Sydney. I think it has something to do with the underdog status at someone else's home ground..Enemy turf so to speak.I look forward to travelling interstate with the Pie Army because it's then you know that noise and passion are the flavour of the evening. The Collingwood Army are masters when travelling to the above grounds..They leave the MCG noise and associated passion for dead.

The Freo buggers are hard to beat because they are so passionate and so loud, Again i say to sit inside Subiaco Oval when the Freo chant goes around would be on par to any chant at any English/European football venue.
Cheers Neil Smile

joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:57 am

Same with the Winners Circle Neil ( You got me going mate hope im not boring you )

Here at the MCG during season 2010 we have had on ocassions in excess of One Thousand jumping singing magpie fans..it has gone off sometimes to the point of being scary. Whilst at interstate venues we might only have some Three Hundred jumping singing magpie fans but the noise and passion levels have been some ten times greater..

Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:02 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounded to me like there were a few thousand neutrals, all barracking against geelong. Most of them probably being Pie fans Smile
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:47 am

totally frank wrote:
Sounded to me like there were a few thousand neutrals, all barracking against geelong. Most of them probably being Pie fans Smile

i saw quite a few neutrals in the crowd. there was a lot of purple in the crowd and many of the freo chants emintated from the flanks rather than the cheer squad itself.

mel_kay39 

PIES PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:06 am

I reckon it's great. Makes a change from the West Coast so-called fans who sit there and bag out their own players. I had a guy sitting next to me at the Coll v WCE game this year who was laughing about the fact that his own team was so puerile. He clapped when they missed goals and yelled out, "You suck" when one of his players sprayed an easy shot. That's not support. That's pointless. Why even bother going to cheer on your team when you're going to act like that? At least Freo fans keep barracking, right to the bitter end!
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:07 am

A pity their team wasn't as hard at it as they were
King Monkey 

Location: On a journey to seek the scriptures of enlightenment....

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:18 am

Neil Appleby wrote:
They must have had 5000 or so supporters there tonight and yet, even when 8 goals down, we still heard the slow freo chant. They make us look second rate.
What's happened to our noise? There was zilch last week...and I mean via the TV........no rocking the G.
Why Joff?

Haven't sat in the Ponsford stand recently then mate.
(a bit difficult from HK I suppose......)

Oh you are a dee-mon, I love to fiiight."
jack_spain Aries

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:46 pm

How bad was the Geelong turnout last night?

I mean assuming that 5,000 were Freo supporters and maybe 5,000 were neutrals, that left exactly 35,000 Cats fans. Pathetic for a final.

If we had played Freo there would have been 75,000 there and at least 65,000 would have been Pies fans.

The poorer crowd in our game against the Dogs can be put down to one thing: the threat of the worst weather in 15 years.

I expect there'll be 60,000 Pies fans there on Friday night. Let's be heard!

I just hope the Cats fans are saving up to go to the grand final (which they are going to miss. Laughing ).
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:52 pm

jack_spain wrote:
How bad was the Geelong turnout last night?

I mean assuming that 5,000 were Freo supporters and maybe 5,000 were neutrals, that left exactly 35,000 Cats fans. Pathetic for a final.

If we had played Freo there would have been 75,000 there and at least 65,000 would have been Pies fans.

The poorer crowd in our game against the Dogs can be put down to one thing: the threat of the worst weather in 15 years.

I expect there'll be 60,000 Pies fans there on Friday night. Let's be heard!

I just hope the Cats fans are saving up to go to the grand final (which they are going to miss. Laughing ).

no chance. the fact geelong were more than likely going to win meant that the cats fans had to choose between last night and a ticket to the prelim. i'd suspect many of our supporters would do the likewise if in the same position.

fence-banger Aries

Zito Kypro

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:23 pm

Sure that's how some supporters think ... choosing one game over another, but how do you know that was the major factor last night?

Funny how you know cats supporters behaviour, but can only guess at ours Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: