Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Blood nut from the Lions calls us moaners!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WhyPhilWhy? 

WhyPhilWhy?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 10:43 am
Post subject: Blood nut from the Lions calls us moaners!Reply with quote

And this from the team that "boasts" Jason Akermanis - he hasn't stopped moaning since the Grand Final!

Q: How can you tell when Akermanis' plane arrives at an airport?
A: The whining noise continues after the engines have stopped.

Quote:
Lions fed up with moaners: Leppitsch

By Bill McDonald
Brisbane
April 16 2003

Brisbane Lions players are getting a little sick of the continued jibes concerning their premiership success, particularly from Collingwood president Eddie McGuire.

Justin Leppitsch yesterday wanted to make it clear to the likes of McGuire and members of the "Melbourne Mafia" that Brisbane, salary cap allowance or not, has beaten an already unfair system and plans to do it a third time.

"That's AFL for you," he said. "It's an uneven competition. It starts with 16 teams and 22 rounds - some teams are going to play the easier teams twice, some teams aren't.

"The grand final is in Melbourne, for Christ's sake. We're probably the only competition that does that apart from the rugby.

"The basketball has it in their own states and nearly everywhere over the world does it that way.

"The whole competition and the way it's run is inequitable in a way.

"I think all of the Lions players would love Eddie to put on a Collingwood jumper and run out on the field - I reckon he'd shut up pretty quick with Browny running at him.

"But I guess when you've got the luxury of sitting back and not being involved, you can make whatever (comment) you like.

"You get the impression from a lot of sources that people are sick of us winning, whether it be commentators or people in general.

"I guess it's the Australian way - you like the underdog and like to see new people on the top all the time," Leppitsch said.

"I think the reason we've won grand finals is we've got a pretty good side, great structure, good discipline and things like that. Sydney spend more money than us and they finished up 12th, so that's a pretty pathetic argument, I think."

Earlier in the week, Lions coach Leigh Matthews spoke of his great personal delight in beating Collingwood at the best of times, but more so with McGuire as president.

McGuire returned fire, claiming Brisbane's cap allowance of about $600,000 roughly equated to the salaries of Alastair Lynch and Jonathan Brown, who were missing last week against the Kangaroos, consequently making Brisbane look a little more beatable.

"I think Browny's spewing - I think Eddie's sold him short a little bit," Leppitsch joked.

"I don't really think that's much of an argument."

The Lions train tonight, with Brown and Lynch to try to prove their fitness, before Collingwood hits the Gabba for an evening training session under lights.
AnthonyC Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 10:55 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

"I think all of the Lions players would love Eddie to put on a Collingwood jumper and run out on the field - I reckon he'd shut up pretty quick with Browny running at him."

Surely our guys aren't gonna let him get away with that. I think Molly should shut him up even more quickly.

Funny how the truth hurts.

WhyPhilWhy? 

WhyPhilWhy?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 10:56 am

And you know what?

I reckon if Eddy was on the ground and standing under a hospital ball with the Boofhead Brown bearing down on him, he'd stand his ground and then ask Brown if that was his best shot.....
Pies Premiers 2003 Aquarius

KEEP SEPTEMBER FREE

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 12:26 pm

I hate them more and more everyday....

SPANK THEM PIES

TERRY
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 12:33 pm

sheesh wanting to deal with someone who stands up for something with violence. glad i didn't go to school with leppitsch. some role model for kids he is - in best caveman dribble "Derrrr don say nuthin Eddy or i'll cum and smash ya up and hey, gimme your lunch money"

Weak as yellow human by-product.

I hope he enjoys his footy because he seems too dumb to have a job after it.

I bet Matthews is regretting opening his mouth now, its HIS players that are getting sucked in, not ours.
daicos4ever 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 12:35 pm

Nice to see the Brisbane lads concerntrating on the game.
hotpies 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 12:40 pm

Coming out with comments like that is just so pointless, only Brisbane fans become happy with those comments and we all know theres not many of them....
Brisbane players constantly bitch......Port Adelaide, West Coast, Fremanle....all non victorian clubs, do you ever hear them bitching (as much as Brisbane).
Brisbane are going to have to play a much harder game now with these comments the Brisbane Footy Club has come out with during the week, and i think Malthouse knows this and is just waiting for the correct time to destroy them!
GO PIES!....HOT PIES! by 13 points
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 12:41 pm

Its pretty obvious what they want.

Taunt us all week and try to get us to give away silly free kicks at the start of the game. Very similar scenario to round 1 when they played Essendon. Essendon were very undisciplined and gave away stupid free kicks that cost them goals.

They talk the talk but then they hit the chalk when it comes to the onfield action. Players like Akermanis and Scott will be up to their old tricks of playing for free kicks.

I just hope we don't get sucked in as the umpires will be on red alert im sure.

jlc

NICK THE PIE MAN 

Nick's BB veteran

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 12:55 pm
Post subject: Re: Blood nut from the Lions calls us moaners!Reply with quote

WhyPhilWhy? wrote:
"I think all of the Lions players would love Eddie to put on a Collingwood jumper and run out on the field - I reckon he'd shut up pretty quick with Browny running at him.
[/quote]

Yeah then Molloy would run through that soft cock Brown. "The next Carey?" ppfft overrated to the core.
*Rach_luvs_Lonie* Aries

*~LiL bItTa CoUnTrY..LiL bItA mJ~*

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 1:18 pm

aaaarrrgggghhh!!! I h8 them
Quote:
You get the impression from a lot of sources that people are sick of us winning, whether it be commentators or people in general.

ppppfffftttt...whos won all 3 of there games this yr?? I think that would be The Pies!!!!!Just wait till tomorrow, we'll see who wins!
Luv Rach!!xoxox
Brown26 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 2:00 pm

danger, Mick Malthouse, Danger!!

JLC you've hit it right on teh head mate, even though we're not saying anything, you can bet th eplayers are fuming, we've got to be extremely disiplined about this game, particularly the first quarter, as the umps will be right onto anything we do.

Not brissy cause everyone knows they're the worlds greatest team and don't need to infringe, but those collingwood pretenders are going to try to crunch poor little brisbane, so the umpires better be right onto it. The brissy players are just making sure that this is the case.

btw - prettry sure matthews would've encouraged this from lepitch, he doesn't encourage aker but that's cause aker is a wanker, but these comments are exactly what brissy want the pies players to hear.

Eddie needs to be very careful about what he saiys if he chooses to reply, but he needs to say very clearly the the collingwood players can beat brisbane without resorting to underhand tactics, if he says anything else, well, it'll only make the situation worse.

btw - what's the laws about threatening through the media? Not that this will be taken this way, but in another situation it could be.

- Ben
Clemo Capricorn

clemo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 2:08 pm

WFW - when quoting newspapers - please include the URL and the source. Makes it easier for us to book mark sites that haven't been visited yet.
Dr Alf Andrews Pisces

Fitzroy Victoria Bowling Club

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 6:17 pm

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

What a gug !

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

What a no-neck gug !

Isn't it highly ironical that this story about how much we moan reads like the biggest whinge of all-time.

Oh dear ... We get a guaranteed home Grand Final ... whatever next.

Fancy playing a Grand Final at the Wooloongabba public toilet that they call a home ground.

Should have kept it for dog racing. That's all it's good for. Very appropriate really. Plenty of whining dogs in that Brisbane team.

1. (red) THE WHINGEING LEPER
2. (spots) ACNE MAN
3. WHITE
4. (blue) LAPPIN (sorry, wrong one)
5. (yellow) TAKE YOUR PICK
6. BROWN
7. BLACK
8. (pink) box vacant in respect to Tessa

As they say in dog racing ... when in doubt, back the red.

So my money's on THE WHINGEING LEPER ... what a dog !
MissMagpie_20 Capricorn

BUCKS SIMPLY THE BEST!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 7:27 pm

Im sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo angry right now. I wont say anything else cos it will all be snipped. Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad

So when i'm lying in my bed, thoughts running through my head and i feel that love is dead...
IM LOVING BUCKLEY INSTEAD!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Blanch Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 7:46 pm

relax. MM and Ed are more than equipped to deal with this rubbish. I'm sure it would be pleasing to MM to see the arrogance portrayed through the media over the last week or so.

Things like this article don't only give ammunition for this week, but they are brought out in round 19 and finals too...MM and Ed have worked it beautifully if you ask me.....not too much bait on the hook, but caught the big dumb fish.

Behind closed doors it would be business as usual for the players...not worrying about who said what. We'll leave the he said she saids to the arrogant lions. We'll play football. It may not be tomorrow night but mark my words, the comments made by the lions will come back to haunt them later on.

All WA Magpies join the Western Magpies now:
http://www.westernmagpies.com
(At least go and sign the guestbook).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: