Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What do we need to do?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hotpies 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2003 2:26 pm
Post subject: What do we need to do?Reply with quote

What does Collingwood need to do now to be capable of destroying sides like Brisbane and Port?
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2003 3:12 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Just keep winning.

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
swooper_101 Libra

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2003 3:20 pm

Ruck
MissMagpie_20 Capricorn

BUCKS SIMPLY THE BEST!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2003 3:21 pm

Lets worry about that when we get there. Were not neccassarily playing the best football that were capable of yet weve got 2 wins on the board so thats a good sign. Its only round 2, it will take some time to work into the swing of things. Were on the right track.

So when i'm lying in my bed, thoughts running through my head and i feel that love is dead...
IM LOVING BUCKLEY INSTEAD!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
hoggy Pisces

Bristle

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2003 3:40 pm

Keep finding space, don't slow the play down.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2003 6:46 pm

Put our very best team on the paddock for a start. Our BEST 22 is without doubt full of talent & class, and can compete with any other team in the comp. So 2 wins so far without 4 or 5 automatic selections is to me a mighty effort against fired up sides. I think some posters here miss this important point.

Esto Collingwood Perpetua!
Wearmouth 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2003 7:03 pm

A good quality ruckman.

Notice in last night s game against the filth, when pebbles went into the middle and we were able to give our boys first use of the ball we always looked dangerous.

We have undoubtable the best centreline in the game because our boys have to win the ball 8 times out of 10 from off the other teams ruckmem. Image how theboys would go if they got the first use. Look at games where our ruckmen have had really good games our middle destroys the opposition.

Come on Josh or even Cameron or Crow take your rightful place and take this team to a flag.

Floreat Pica!!!!
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 2:09 am

Firstly i doubt whether any teams are capable of destroying Brisbane. Beat them maybe but destroying them is unlikely unless they have a very very poor night.

I think the key to both Brisbane and Port are their midfields. Our midfield was probably not on the same level as theirs last year on a consistent basis but with the additions of Woewodin and the versatility of Williams and the born again Shane Obree and our midfields looks to have more depth. A big part will be in relation to the player management. It will be interested to see how the midfield gets rotated through the year. It wasnt so long ago that our centre square line up was pretty predictable. It was very easy for teams to match up on us as they knew the players who would be lining up in the centre square. When Essendon was a force i think that was a key to their success as Sheedy often changed the centre square set up and it proved difficult for teams to plan against.

If anything i think our forward line is far more potent than either of those two teams. People have said they would rather have Tredrea, Cornes, Lynch over Tarrant but personally i would go for Tarrant. We have the best pack mark in the AFL in Pebbles. Molloy has stepped up a gear since last year and has shown what he can do when anywhere near his peak fitness wise. Didak would have to be one of the most deadly sharp shooters in the AFL. Throw in Neon Leon and i think its a better forward line than Port or Brisbane.

I think a big part of Brisbanes game is how hard their midfield works. Looking at the game tonight against Port the Brisbane midfielders on countless occassions ran pack to help out the defence and created 2 on 1 situations.

I also think that despite their loss to StKilda that Adelaide are more of a threat than Port.

jlc

Last edited by JLC on Sun Apr 06, 2003 2:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: