Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

WAVERLEY SAVED!!!!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MAGPIE MANIAC 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2000 6:13 am
Post subject: WAVERLEY SAVED!!!!Reply with quote

SUFFER WAYNE JACKSON!!! You wouldn't listen to the TRUE GRASS ROOTS SUPPORTERS for Waverley to save it but the National Heritage has done it for us! YESSS!! Now you haven't got the money for Colonial - HA HA! What are you going to sell now?
It's about time the real supporters had a win!!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2000 6:21 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't be so naive.
There is always to sides to any story

The money from the sell off was not only going to colonial but all the AFL clubs as well including collingwood.

I wanted to keep waverly as well and not build colonial.
This story reminds me of dirty politics AFL, government and business people.

With this scenario no body wins.
We are left with an 80 million stadium, we have invested in colonial.
No money goes to any clubs (hopefully none will fold).

So the real question is

WHO DOES ACTUALLY WIN?

No -one
joffa#2001 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2000 6:41 am

good
i hope the competition does fold because then we can start again and give the game back to the supporters.
remember us supporters we were the ones that went every week for the last 120 years,we didnt care for chardonay we were quite happy sucking on a vb
we bled and cried for our club
we didnt WANT fat rich bastards infiltrating our game
we just wanted to stand in the outer and barrack for our beloved footy team.
yeh good on em for keeping waverly and as far as im concerned colonial can go and get rooted.colonial does not represent the football supporter it will never be successful.colonial represents a world gone crazy by the corporate dollar.
and i say to these fat rich corporate bastards go and choke on your gold visa card and piss off.these bastards have been around for years look at what they did to pharlap they put so much weight on the poor bugger he had to go overseas.
so dont anyone ever have any sympathy with the AFL.
they have made there dirty stinken bed now they can sleep in it.
oh please dont get me started !!!!!

[This message has been edited by joffa#2001 (edited 31 August 2000).]

London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2000 8:40 am

This Wavrley decision will not be applauded at too many clubs. Losing a cut of 80 mill could make a bad year worse for a lot of clubs. I suppose the AFL will have a good cry over it, and ask for exemptions...etc etc. It seems from my reading of the tealeaves that the Bracks govt. wont come out to play ball, unless perhaps the govet decides to try a bit of horse trading over the access (or lack of) to the GF by Joe and Josie Public, which may not be a bad move. It seems possible some deal could be made, considering the AFL must be up a certain creek in a barbed wire canoe over this one. For the govt., its the best time to put the squeeze on the AFL.

London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2000 9:09 am

from Collingwood Rants guest rant. Pay particular attention to the second sentence.

The Consortium will receive the benefits of all revenues generated by the stadium for a period of 25 years from the year 2000. The AFL has the option of acquiring the freehold to the stadium, free of all encumbrances, in the year 2025 by paying $30 million to the Docklands Authority in December 2000. The AFL Commission have indicated it is their intention to do this. If the AFL do not exercise this option, then the stadium freehold passes to the sponsors. (Originally, it was intended that ownership would pass to the State Government after 30 years).

Magpie Gal 19 Pisces

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2000 11:54 am

Waverley Kicks ASS!!!!!!!!!!

Hey magpie maniac and Joffa. Yeah I first heard it on fox fm this arvo at work than about a couple seconds after I heard it but who rings me. the almighty Beazley!!!!!!! he just told me about Waverley. What a bloody sweetie.

Oh Wayne "ASSHOLE" Jackon I got 3 words to say to ya.

"WAVERLEY KICKS ASS"!!!!!!!!!!

eMmA 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2000 2:03 pm

WOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

go waverley,it rocks!!!!!!

LATERZ

SAV IS SEXY-->36 UNTIL FOREVER-->ROCCA BROS ROCK MY WORLD!!!!!!!

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2000 2:24 pm

Does anyone think that they will end up playing games there again?
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2000 3:32 pm

I think they will have to. I can't see how they can keep the stadium there and make a loss to the clubs of $500,000 each year (I think thats each).
Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2000 3:05 am

Haha fu@k u stupid Wayne Jackson and the rest of the stingy AFL bastards behind the ridiculous managing of the Waverley situation in the first place.

For us living right near there we have grown up at Waverley and have many memories Waverley is our playground and i would never let them pull it down if i have to chain myself and die splattered on a wall while they pull it down then so be it!

Now all we have to do is follow Eddies prediction and get the whole Collingwood mass to rip friggen Colonial Stadium down! Then sweet we will be back at Waverley Bfore u know it! I cant really C this happeneing though but i wouldnt say they will never ever play another AFL game there cause i bet ya it is only a matter of time Bfore something else goes wrong at shithole stadium and Wayne Jackson will come crying back to Waverley to use it for a game or two just like this years Ansett Cup. Why the hell wasnt the legends game played at Waverley instead of that sewerage farm Shell Stadium?

Waverley will never die!

#8 RoCkS
Go RiCkY!

Fortis in Procella 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2000 4:16 am

They will never play at Waverly again.......It would cost a fortune for the AFL to refurbish it for a start, apart from the fact they're too proud to admit they were wrong!!
Nobody will win from this heritage (on a 30 yo stadium??) listing....especially not the real fans (not enough dollars from them to worry about!!) How much do reckon the price of entry to games will go up next year?? The AFL dont lose......Not in the long run anyway!!

Broadie 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2000 5:19 am

Can't believe how many people are pleased about this heritage listing. It will be an absolute disaster for all Victorian clubs - we stand to lose over $500,000 EVERY YEAR as a result of this decision.

Waverly never was the "people's ground" that it claimed to be. Crowds there only became comparable to current Colonial attendances AFTER it was announced that the ground would close. The attendances at games there this year (ignoring the problems with Monday night footy) have been abysmal. You only have to look at the VFL grand-final flop to see that people IN GENERAL do not support the ground, it is only a vocal MINORITY who do.

While I object to some of the ticketing problems at COlonial, the AFL is committed to it, and it is a far better ground for spectators.

This ridiculous decision (on what basis can a 30 year old monstrosity be awarded "heritage listing"????) will mean that NOBODY will use the venue. St Kilda publicly wanted to leave, and Hawthorn are said to be far better off financially at the MCG. This decision just means that nobody will want to buy it from the clubs (and it is not the AFL commission who own it, it is the CLUBS).

This could mean the AFL are forced to significantly raise prices to compensate for the lost income.

Are YOU willing to pay $10 more for footy games so that Waverly won't be demolished?
Dgen 

Nick's BB Member #43

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2000 10:56 am

I agree with Broadie 100% There is not one Victorian club president that is happy with this decision. All this has done is cost clubs money and maybe, some, their existance. The AFL will not play games there again they have said so even after the Heritage Listing. This is a complete disaster for Victorian clubs.
Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2000 1:18 pm

some old dude on the train reckons 4 melbourne clubs will fold coz of this???? Well if thats true bye bye Saints they would have to be first to go.

#8 RoCkS
Go RiCkY!

CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2000 4:34 pm

yeah i dont think they shoulda made it heritage either, i mean really if you think about it, how many of you would REALLY miss it??? (besides those who live near it) no one. who really cares?? its basically already gone, we dont PLAY there so we dont GO there, so it really doesnt matter to me.
magpiera, to rebuild it to hold 140,000 wouldnt that also defeat the purpose of it being heritage? it would become a different stadium. i think i would have preferred collingwood getting something out of it rather then pay for the f*ckin spiders to move in.
oh and if four teams folded geelong wouldnt be one of em, they may have money problems but they also have their own area of victoria with alot of stupid people who barrack for em and if it really came to the crunch those people would find the money to keep the club going.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3   

Jump to: