Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

AFL you're an absolute joke..COUSINS ONE WEEK ????

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
natkingcole 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 8:09 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

CP, sorry mate, but I'm another one who totally disagrees with you. You watch the slow motion replay Cloke has his eyes on the ball when he contacts Ewards. Reckless maybe, but intentional no way.
CP 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 11:14 pm
Post subject: Re: TribunalReply with quote

joffa_the_man_in_gold wrote:
CP wrote:
One week for Cousins seems pretty tame...just ask Tarrant who reportedly did a similar thing and got 2, despite there being no video or verbal evidence.

Gotta disagree on the Cloke suspension though, Joffa. Edwards was dangerous, game could've gone either way, Cloke knew what he was doing. Job done.

In all honesty, I was suprised he only got 2.

POSSUM PIES IM SORRY I HIT THE WRONG QUOTE BUTTON..

CP that is a load of absolute crap mate!!!

In your opinion.

S'pose Doolans teeth came out when he "hit the ground."

Fair dinkum, the argument that people do the damage "when they hit the ground" is the biggest bullshit line in football commentry. It was invented (and perpetuated) by commentators who like to look after the fraternity because they never say what they really want to say.

How do you think Edwards got into a semi-conscious state so that his head amazingly, and voluntarily, hit the ground face first?

Bottom line...he was poleaxed. Shit happens. Get over it.
CP 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 11:23 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

natkingcole wrote:
CP, sorry mate, but I'm another one who totally disagrees with you. You watch the slow motion replay Cloke has his eyes on the ball when he contacts Ewards. Reckless maybe, but intentional no way.

Reckless was enough to suspend all those players who "recklessly made contact with an umpire." Unfortunately, "reckless" is taken into account. Anyway, when do the eyes have to be firmly planted on your target for you to be guilty of striking? Ever see Ablett open up Lyon's chin with an elbow? He was looking in the opposite direction. Ever see Brereton stand on Tallis' face? He wasn't looking anwhere near where Tallis was.

If he was looking at the ball, and the end result of his "spoil" missed by that far, then I reckon Clokey needs some serious training on defensive work.

Personally, I'd rather he keep going the same way about his football. I don't mind if he cops a couple of weeks here and there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: