Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

AFL you're an absolute joke..COUSINS ONE WEEK ????

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joffa_the_man_in_gold 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2003 8:02 pm
Post subject: AFL you're an absolute joke..COUSINS ONE WEEK ????Reply with quote

Ben cousins strikes with elbow away from the ball and gets one week, cloke cops 2 weeks whilst attempting to spoil and misses last years granny which cost us a premiership.

you can see why fans are fed up and confused...its pathetic and its wrong cousins should have at least got 4 weeks, i guess its good to see the AFL still confusing everyone, how can they justify clokes 2 weeks when the assault from ben cousins only gets one week ???

Joffa Corfe

email.. joffa@magpies.net
TRELOS 

TRELOS

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2003 8:44 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Joffa i know what you mean...but cos he plays for Collingwood he has the AFL apply the SPECIAL rules for Collingwood Evil or Very Mad
London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2003 9:27 pm

gee joffa, I thought you had some money on him for the Brownlow!
London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2003 11:10 pm

I'm sure the WA media was having a big cry when Matera (I think) elbowed one of our blokes last year and got away with it!
MagpieMad Leo

One in, All in!!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2003 11:19 pm

joffa m8, I couldn't agree with you more, its a joke, no one has any confidence in the system, some time last year, I think it was the afl players ass. did a poll of the players and about 75% of them said they had no confidence in it. afl says it'll stay the same.
funny but if you had this sort of tribunal in a ordinary work place it wouldn't last past its 1st case.

CP 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 9:51 am
Post subject: TribunalReply with quote

One week for Cousins seems pretty tame...just ask Tarrant who reportedly did a similar thing and got 2, despite there being no video or verbal evidence.

Gotta disagree on the Cloke suspension though, Joffa. Edwards was dangerous, game could've gone either way, Cloke knew what he was doing. Job done.

In all honesty, I was suprised he only got 2.
THE POSSUM PIES 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 11:06 am

Shocked Totally agree Joffa, just like those white maggots, that word will start to emerge again

Question INCONSISTENCY Question
Fradam Virgo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 11:13 am

I'd hate to be the only negative here but I am. I thought Cousins was very unlucky. Hardwick clearly took a dive and admitted it. I do recall a similar thing happening to Buckley last year where he got reported for striking Thompson of St Kilda and hearing Thompson tell the umpire it was Bulls***

All this acting that goes on in football has to be stopped. Akermanis is the number one offender.

McGough27 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 2:25 pm

I actually though Cousins was a bit stiff . Hardwick admitted he took a dive and admitted if Cousins had have made contact , he would have remonstrated . However , if Cousins did make contact with Hardwick , then i think he should have got 4 weeks , 2 weeks for striking and 2 weeks for not completely knocking him out Wink . If Cousins had have managed to knock him out then he should have received 2 weeks credit for any other indiscretion he incurs for the remainder of his career . Very Happy
Ed from WA Sagittarius

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 5:50 pm
Post subject: assassins rightReply with quote

they are going berserk over here.
Didnt one of our blokes go last year even thoughthe opposition player said he didnt get hit?
they took the word of the ump,out went our bloke and the WA wankers were happier than a pig in a pile of poodumpings.
bout time collingwood got rubbed out they all cried.
now its one of theirs in the same situation they are all going sooky lala.
MissMagpie_20 Capricorn

BUCKS SIMPLY THE BEST!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 6:20 pm

Didnt surprise me. Just another example of the SHOCKING inconsistency of the tribunal. Its ludicrous!

So when i'm lying in my bed, thoughts running through my head and i feel that love is dead...
IM LOVING BUCKLEY INSTEAD!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Blanch Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 6:50 pm

hey ed, eagles supporters are the least football intelligent people I've ever met. this crying they doing are doing cracks me up. Do yourself a favour and give 'em a bit of hell. I think cousins may have been a bit stiff but don't ever miss the opportunity to rub it in to these chardonnay sipping, picnic basket carrying bandwagoners!

another quote for you ed, "our boy woosha is back in charge. the premiership will be ours"....wish i had a dollar for every clown who said that to me.

All WA Magpies join the Western Magpies now:
http://www.westernmagpies.com
(At least go and sign the guestbook).
joffa_the_man_in_gold 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 7:36 pm

THE POSSUM PIES wrote:
Shocked Totally agree Joffa, just like those white maggots, that word will start to emerge again

Question INCONSISTENCY Question

Please dont take this the wrong way but that is the biggest load of crap ive ever read..edwards done the damage when he hit the ground his head hit the ground, what cloke did you see one hundred times every game...if the dipstick edwards didnt hurt his mug when hitting the ground it would not of been reported...watch the replay with cousins watch the expression on his face and watch the deliberate intent to hit with the elbow.

Joffa Corfe

joffa_the_man_in_gold 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 7:40 pm
Post subject: Re: TribunalReply with quote

CP wrote:
One week for Cousins seems pretty tame...just ask Tarrant who reportedly did a similar thing and got 2, despite there being no video or verbal evidence.

Gotta disagree on the Cloke suspension though, Joffa. Edwards was dangerous, game could've gone either way, Cloke knew what he was doing. Job done.

In all honesty, I was suprised he only got 2.

POSSUM PIES IM SORRY I HIT THE WRONG QUOTE BUTTON..

CP that is a load of absolute crap mate!!!

Joffa Corfe

Brown26 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 8:08 pm

Yeah, I thought Hardwick took a dive, but there was not much doubt contact was made, just not enough to cause taht much damage / throw hardwick backwards like that. He definitly should've gone, probably two weeks would've been better than one.

HArwick will never get a report against his player now - when the umps have been made to look stupid like this. (again.)

- Ben
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: