Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Player Responsibility-Post Match

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Special Delivery 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2003 7:38 pm
Post subject: Player Responsibility-Post MatchReply with quote

Just a quick note about my experience with a mate when we went down to the changerooms last Friday night and waited for the boys to come out.

There were about 50 of us there, Joffa included.

I must say it was interesting to note some of the subtle efforts being made by the boys when signing jumpers etc after the game.

My mate had never been to the changerooms after a match, me neither for that matter. She wanted to get her jumper signed by our mighty Captain.

First out was Leon Davis, we thought ah to hell with it and agreed that she should get every signature on her as-yet unblemished jumper. Leon moved on as fast as he could through these beloved supporters and signed no more then three or four things.

Not good Leon.

Remember where your salary ultimately comes from buddy.

Next up came, in no particular order, Chris Tarrant, who was great and signed for what seemed an eternity, only too happy with the delay to his night. Mr Lonie was next, equally approachable.

Tarkyn was to follow, he looked a little fed up and grumpy but again to his credit he was more than willing to oblige with signing all who asked.

My mate at this stage had all the signatures-except for Leon. She was sooo happy. I kept giggling my head off when i saw her barge her way into position for a signing of her Magpie jumper. It was great to see.

O'Bree, Williams, McKee, Lokan, Didak, Jarrod etc all signed famously well.

For christ sake even Woey was in on the act signing here and there.

Then the Captain came out.

My mate was first in front of the great man. The damn pen we gave him didn't work. My mate's left breast (where the signature was to be placed upon...jumper that is...) was quivering with anticipation. The pen still did not work, the Captain tried again...nope.

My mate grabbed a texta from a person next to her and Bux went about his professional artwork as a true Magpie should.

Thanks Bux. And thanks to all those that signed after the game.

I am sure there are personal issues and general moods that may deter the want to sign all of those beloved fans' shirts etc, and indeed I am sure there is no clause in the contract to do so either.

But I have no doubt that the benefits outweighed the risks of feeling slightly miffed when a guy you cheer on from year to year, walks past in a desperate need to apparently be just somewhere else.

Take note Neon.

Go pies.

natkingcole 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2003 9:17 pm
Post subject: LeonReply with quote

Special Delivery,
I wouldn't be comparing Leon with someone like Tarrant. One is gregarious and the other comes across as pretty shy away from the footy field. It's easy having a go at someone without knowing all the facts. Personally, I would have been just wrapped getting all the other signatures after the game.
MissMagpie_20 Capricorn

BUCKS SIMPLY THE BEST!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2003 9:24 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Im not about to bag Leon to the ground with things ive seen but unfortunatly mate your story doesnt surprise me in the slightest. Its a real shame Sad

So when i'm lying in my bed, thoughts running through my head and i feel that love is dead...
IM LOVING BUCKLEY INSTEAD!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
molloymagic Aquarius

*Thanks 4 the great memorys Jarrod!**miss ya*

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2003 10:37 pm

man,i would love to have molloy's and woewodin's sign my magpie jumper.
*'94-03:10 Gr8 yrs*
*169 Games* *'02 V.C*
*2nd in '01 copeland
THE POSSUM PIES 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 1:00 pm

Well, I would like to say that when in Sydney, pre-season, Leon was very approachable and signed my 2 jumpers, and lots of others. At the GF dinner last year he was also approachable and even though he is a quiet person, he may have been on a promise or something. You cannot bag a bloke for 1 minor little incident, get over it and try again next time!!! Twisted Evil Mad
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 1:50 pm

I think it depends on the mood of the player. Leon copped a basting of Malthouse at halftime so that may explain his mood.

Put yourself in their shoes, you have played 4 1/4's of football and you want to get out and relax. Yes they have their responsibilities to their supporters and they also have responsibilities to their families as well.
DaicosMagic Scorpio

1970 Grand Final Boundary Umpire

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 2:23 pm

BOO, BLOODY HOO!!! Get over it. So you want to judge the entire fabric of a human being because he only signed 4 jumpers on one particular night. The guy's 20 years old. Why do you feel the need to post such an 'eventful' experience. Whether you think it is their obligation or not, they have not gone out of their way to avoid ONLY YOU. "Neon didn't sign my little jumper" - what a tragedy!
drew1602 Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 2:44 pm

For Gods sake..get over it....... If every person posted a message on here about who did & who didnt sign a jumper ,football or autograph book there would be no space for real posts....

Every Footballer is person just like you and me.....

Special Delivery 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 6:26 pm

Growl!

Actually upon reading my original message today, and indeed nefore reading these somewhat forceful replies, (I had a chuckle at the boo hoo comment), I was actually thinking I was being a bit harsh and a touch precious.

Mind you though folks, I don't necessarily feel I was judging the 'entire' fabric of his character. Slightly harsh in retaliation I suspect. I can only imagine the response has it been another player from another club.

In any event, it hasn't tainted my admiration for him in any capacity-and as appears to be glossed over in the responses, it was mentioned that I recognise personal issues and general moods.

Overall though I pretty much agree with the overall response anyway-I'm always open to other versions of opinion.

Oh well... Thanks for your feedback!

(Now where's my boxing gloves...?)

Ruddeger Virgo

The world's best sister act

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 6:30 pm

I don't think there's any repsonsiblity on the players' behalf to sign stuff after the game. Maybe at training.
MissMagpie_20 Capricorn

BUCKS SIMPLY THE BEST!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 6:31 pm

Get over it ppl, Special Delivery was just sharing his/her thoughts on Leon's behavior. Beleive me, this type of thing isnt a one off occurance. Hes a gr8 player but as a person, not the type of bloke id wanna know, well what ive seen of him anyway.

So when i'm lying in my bed, thoughts running through my head and i feel that love is dead...
IM LOVING BUCKLEY INSTEAD!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: