Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Travel for Port Adelaide Game

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Natalie 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2003 6:15 pm
Post subject: Travel for Port Adelaide GameReply with quote

I've been an avid reader of Nick's for some time now, but have never actually posted before.

I'm thinking of going to the Port Adelaide game and have contacted the club to enquire about tickets, accommodation etc. Apparently the travel people haven't started up yet and I've been told to call back next week.
Has anyone who has previously gone over to Adelaide got any suggestions or knows who else there is to contact to arrange accommodation, tickets etc??

Cheers, Natalie
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2003 6:21 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Black and White travel i think was the group i went with. They organise hotel accomodation, plane tickets and match day tickets. They ensure you are in a Collingwood area of ground as well Smile

jlc
Black_White 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2003 7:20 pm

I heard Ed say on Talking Footy last night that quote;
"We have just bought a travel agency"
Now, this is the first i've heard of that, anyone shed any light?

-Craig

dillo_09 Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2003 8:27 pm

Pie in the sky Travel and it is advertised in the in B&W I got today.

Natalie, if you are gonna go to Adelaide, book all the flights and accomodation yourself. It works out cheaper and you can get what you want not what the TA wants to sell you.

Book flights over the web with Qanta or VB and then go to last minute.com.au for cheap accomodation. Look at staying on North Terrace or Hindly street in Adelaide city or in Glenelg.

The earlier you book the cheaper it will be.
fan4collingwood Aries

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2003 9:25 pm

Tickets for the port game are easy to come by....but if anyone is coming over to my fine state for the crows game, get your tickets with CFC as they are like gold!
MAGPIRA 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2003 10:06 pm

I booked through Black & White travel last year when I went over to SA for our first final against Port. They were very nice and reasonably priced. But, I will say one thing that I realized when I was there about the whole booking scenario. We all realized that the best and cheapest way is to organize your game ticket through the club and pick it up at AAMI Stadium on the night and book your accomadtion somewhere else as there are heaps more central and cheaper hotels than the one we chose through the 4 or 5 options through the travel agent.

If you can be bothered and have the time, do some net surfing to source some cheaper locations to stay in, cause our trip was rushed (as we didn't know if we'd be going to SA or QLD until the conclusion of BL V Power game on the Sat night after we played the Dogs) we went with the agent but if I had of had more time, I would have saved myself about $200!
Black_White 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2003 10:31 pm

I'll back up Dillo here, I've used lastminute.com.au on several occasions and have always got fantastic deals.

-Craig

dillo_09 Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2003 11:47 pm

Magpira,

Had some freinds just book with B&W travel because they couldnt be bothered doing it themselves and whilst they said the service was OK, on reflection they too could have saved $200+ each and got a better hotel cheaper and better match day tickets if they did it themslves. So basically you are paying someone to do what you can do yourself and paying for their overheads as well.

Virgin Blue have just announced some cheap fares so Natalie, jump on the web and if you can fly early AM both ways you can get $69 one way flights. $89-129 for other times.
MargOZ Taurus

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 9:47 am

The main reason I've booked through the Club is that I didn't want to buy tickets to the match myself and end up sitting in the middle of opposition supporters on my own! At least the package means I'll be sitting with a group of Pie supporters which I much prefer. I book my own flight because I look out for special deals but unfortunately the accommodation through the Club can be expensive compared to shopping around yourself.

GO PIES!
Marg
hoggy Pisces

Bristle

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 11:24 am

Just sit in the outer with the other Port yobbos!

Imagine the feeling being the only Pies fan in an entire bay when we won the final....quality.
stoid Virgo

stoid

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 11:26 am

Ever since Adelaide joined the competition, I’ve wanted to go and see the Pies play there. Luckily, I got my opportunity last year. A couple of mates and I bought our tickets on the net and drove to Adelaide. We sat right in amongst the brainless Adelaide supporters. I tell you they are weird, they complained about everything, eg us bringing our own umpires etc..
Even when we had arrived, we sat in our seats and copped abuse. We were sitting there and these guys came and said to my mate, “move over, we want to sit in OUR seats.” No words like ‘excuse me’ or ‘could you please move.’ I’d never seen that before. So were we meant to feel guilty for wearing our Collingwood gear? NO WAY Very Happy . These guys were saying stuff like “how did these guys get tickets here? Probably knew Eddie.” Just trying to piss us off, but the scoreboard pissed them off and they had gone by half time. Wink HAHAHAHAHA!!!
I always thought, if I go to Adelaide, I would cheer louder than ever. Well that’s what I did. At footy park they have these really low iron roofs, being 196cm tall, I thought I’d use these to my advantage and make some noise. So every time we kicked a goal, I’d be cheering and whacking the roof.
I think I must have pissed off a few Adelaide supporters by doing this, because at the end of the game there were about 10 – 15 guys who wanted to bash me Twisted Evil . Some came up and had heated arguments with me.
So if you feel you need to sit amongst the Collingwood supporters for safety reasons, then by all means do so.
But if you are like me and love getting in amongst it, try sitting in the outer at footy park, it WILL be an experience you will never forget.
Lone Ranger 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 11:29 am
Post subject: Travel for Port Adelaide GameReply with quote

I went to the final in Adelaide last year. Bought a ticket over the phone with Bass in SA. Picked up the ticket at the ground. Bass said tickets being sold to Collingwood members were in a Collingwood allocated area and they were. Great seat on the upper deck of the stand. B&W travel couldnt tell me where the seats would be so I decided to try Bass.
Not sure if the BASS in SA uses the same policy for normal games. If they do, I would suggest you will get a better seat if you buy from BASS.
fan4collingwood Aries

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 2:06 am

With bass you can pick where you want to sit.....but with crows games there are only around 3,000 that go on sale.........so get in early, or buy them from Collingwood Football Club 2 weeks before the game.
With the Port games there are around 20,000.....so you could even just buy them at the gate, and walk to where the cheersquad is.

London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 3:28 am

dillo_09 wrote:
......then go to last minute.com.au for cheap accomodation.

Can't agree more, I have shares in that money pit...anything to increase cash flow will be greatly appreciated!
Natalie 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 9:44 am

thanks for your help everyone. I've decided to just organise it myself.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: