Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

TOUGH CALL

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pies Premiers 2003 Aquarius

KEEP SEPTEMBER FREE

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2003 11:44 pm
Post subject: TOUGH CALLReply with quote

The richmond match highlighted one crucial aspect for me....

The pies have DEPTH....

BUT with depth comes decisions....

PRESTI, FRASER, CLOKE AND LICCA are all available....

who will be the unlucky ones to miss out....

me thinks likely ones are Brodie, scotland, rupe, walker????

TOUGH CALL...personally I wouldn;'t drop walker....he deserves another chance based on perseverance alone....the other guys didnt really get much game time.....

TOUGH CALL......but what a position to be in Laughing

TERRY
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 12:07 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Walker got given the run around, had a good dip - but he turns like a battleship. He's only 18, another year in the VFL will do him the world of good. Brodie is more or less finished IMHO but will kick a few for Willie. Unfortunately Scotland looked out of place for some reason, maybe he feels a little bit of pressure after McLeod led him a merry dance a couple of weeks ago. I like Scoots but maybe he needs a BOG or two in the twos to get his confidence up. I don't know of Rhyce did enough to hold his spot, I think Loks might be in front there now.

Presti for Walker, Cloke for Shaw, Licuria for Scotland and give Fraser a week in the twos.. maybe.. or swap him for Rupe although i don't think Rupe will impress too much there i think he's one of those players who does bit parts at the level the game is played at.
Black_White 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 12:23 am

Walker will be dropped. Not for lack of skill or commitment but because, let's face it, the Filth have no forward worthy of Walkers talents!

-Craig

mgh3536 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 12:26 am

cam

Please do not belittle the quantam effort the Rupe B makes to the pies.

Have a look at the rerun of GF 2002 and see where the onfield impetous came from - one s burns and one R betheras.
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 9:01 am

magpie greg wrote:
mgh3536 wrote:
cam

Please do not belittle the quantam effort the Rupe B makes to the pies.

Have a look at the rerun of GF 2002 and see where the onfield impetous came from - one s burns and one R betheras.

Hear hear.Also got us started v Adelaide in The Wiz.

And I am not biased just because I am President of the Rupe Group!

Rupe is the barometer of the team.

Who elected you president??

jlc
MargOZ Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 11:01 am

I think it's an extremely tough call and I'd hate to be in the shoes of the selection committee! I wouldn't be surprised if Walker's out for Presti, Holland out for Licuria - and after that I'm completely stumped!

Although I think Rocca looks like he's carrying an injury (he's definitely having trouble with his kicking and even though he gets his hands on the ball, he struggles to hold his marks). If it is a groin or leg problem then I'd definitely give him a rest if Josh is back in. The other unlucky ones could be between Lonie, Betheras and Shaw, only because they didn't seem to get much time on the ground, othwerise I think they've been playing well enough to hold their place. I agree with Mick, we definitely need another two on the bench - that way the selection process is at least a bit easier!

GO PIES!
Marg
CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 11:12 am

lica cloke and presti will definately be back.

fraser, meh i reckon leave him in the twos this week and tell him to keep his feet (oh and stop posing 4 free kicks too!)
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 11:19 am

Walker goes first thing, the kid is far from being a regular and needs a heap more development. As Dermie said, "He has the turning circle of the Titanic".
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 12:05 pm

Lokan and Shaw should stay in as they add great run out of defence. This may allow Lonie to play a bit further up the ground and kick more goals.

Walker hopefully is kept so his confidence doesn't go down. He was very enthusiastic and tackled well and will only get better. Lets not forget that Richardson (even though we bag him) can be a very good player.

Licuria is an automatic selection (for Brodie). Presti and Fraser should be rested until compltely fit.

jlc
Broadie 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 12:06 pm

Just an absolute pleasure after Round 1 to be stumped over who to drop to bring back members of our starting 18, as opposed to discussing who to bring in to replace those who haven't performed.

Well done to Tex, who looks like he will be a good 'un...but he may have to wait a bit for more opportunities to prove it.

And I love Leon, but I am starting to get sick of the flailing arms routine, which umpires are no longer getting sucked into.

One final observation for me: every time Rupe comes onto the field something happens near goals. Friday was no exception - Rupe comes on and within a minute kicks a goal. He's a classic "impact" player.

Brown26 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 4:12 pm

Walker needs more development, but he looks the goods. he'll play mostly in the two this year, but he should do well. if he's being groomed for a full buck, then he must play there, so with presti cloke and wakelin in the team, he doesn't get a gurnsey unfortunately. he'll be the one ot step up when wakes retires (after 3 premierships Very Happy ).

Cloke and Licca must come back in - sorry Shaw and Brodie, but thems the breaks.

Presti will take walkers spot. Fraser should come in if he's fit, who better to play if you're down on confidence then the blues? Razz Who for? unsure - Rocca if he's uinjured, if not, Rupe probably, or scots. it's a raffle.

Also - Clement looked to go off with an injury last week, ?groin strain? so he may or may not be taking part this week. I haven't heard anything official - did anyone else see it or am I imagining things again? Razz

- Ben
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 4:17 pm

Clement Cramped up, He is fine.

Brodie out for lica, Brodie has lost the plot as far as playing footy. To foccused on his modeling career it seems. Razz

Cloke in for Walker
natkingcole 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 6:45 pm

Shaw hasn't done anything to deserve being dropped ( yet ) , so for me it's Brodie and Rupert before Shaw and Cloke for Walker ( automatic ).
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 6:58 pm

ah the experts.. now was i belittling mr betheras.. no.. i was stating that he plays at whatever the level the game is - so you may as well leave him in the ones because its not like he will have a 30 possession game in the ressies to get back in the team. he might kick 3 goals, lay 5 tackles and only have 10 - 12 touches whether he's playing against Box Hill Hawks at Box Hill or the Brisbane Lions at the Gabba.

See the intent within the words. As i tell my primary school grade, try reading things twice.

As for the barometer, i'm thinking Scotty Burns myself.
Pies rock Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 9:25 pm

Assuming that Presti and Josh are both sweet, it has to be out of Walker, Brodie, Scotland, McGough, Betheras and Shaw. Walker and Brodie are certain to be dumped, but the other two to be demoted is a lot tougher to choose. None of them really deserve to be dropped.

I'm thinking along the lines of giving Scotland four quarters on the ball for Willy because of his lack of ground time Friday night. He usually plays large portions of games sitting on the pine, so four quarters of hard running won't do him much harm, just to keep his match fitness at a reasonable level. I'd probably go Rupe as well. I'd be extremely concerned about dropping two midfielders at once, and replacing them with one who's had an interrupted pre season (Licuria). Shaw's pace will kill Carlton, so I doubt he'll be given the arse. I thought Goughy was alright on Friday.

Who knows, it may work on a seniority basis and Smokin Lokan will be given the flick. I doubt it, but anything's possible. Presti or Josh mightn't be ready, and O'bree and Clement both suffered minor injuries so they may not come up, so it could be an easy choice. Just wait for Round 3 when Scotty Burns and possibly Glenn Freeborn are going to come back in. Not a bad problem to have...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: