Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Buckley should have won three Brownlows....

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SS11 Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2000 4:32 pm
Post subject: Buckley should have won three Brownlows....Reply with quote

If Collingwood had won 10-12 games the past four years, Nathan Buckley would have the last 3 brownlow medals to his name-

Look at last year- we finished last yet he was in the top three, and this year we were second and he was int he top5-

he hasnt won because the pies can pull a good season together, and he misses votes in the games we lose, even if he did get 40 odd possesions.......
joffa#2001 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2000 10:22 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

hey scott
well said mate once again you are spot on
i will give another reason why bucks hasnt and will not win a brownlow under the present system its simple,we have 3 white dogs who could not possibly umpire a marbles game let alone a mans game of footy. The brownlow count must be passed on to an independent panel.Bucks is a CHAMPION not a one year wonder it will be sad when bucks retires and he has no brownlow medal to truly show that he is one of the modern day greats. Bucks is a giant when it comes to the AFL. shame shame shame on this most ancient way of giving votes shame shame shame on all of you white dogs of umpires.
ps i wont be saying anymore on this subject cause i know i am right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nikki 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2000 8:05 am

Pity bucks didnt get injured last year then he woulda won last year.... Oh well we all kow he is a champ....

------------------
GO THE MIGHTY PIES
SAV & ANTHONY LEGENDS FOREVER!!!
GO ROGAN, JOSH YOUR MY HERO..

Greg J Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2000 9:25 am

I agree, SS11 (state school 11? or is O'Bree your man?).

Buckley gets votes in at least every second game Collingwood has won.

As for who gives the votes, well even though some of the media awards are sus. (eg. ex ruck players giving votes to ruckmen etc) it is still interesting to compare the 5-4-3-2-1 votes in the Hun player of the year award, versus the 3-2-1 votes award by the umpires for the brownlow. Half the time the person who gets the 5 votes did not get a brownlow vote, and the person who got the 3 Brownlow votes did not get a vote in the Hun.

For example, Woey got 2 brownlow votes in the round 22 game, but did not get a vote in the Hun. On the other hand, West got 1 Brownlow vote and 3 votes in the Hun for round 22. Really, it all depends on what umpire you get.

I am surprised that Buckley got as many votes as he did. If everyone else was to believed, Buckley talks to the umpires too much (he is captain after all, when was the last time a captain won the brownlow?, certainly none in the modern era?).
Dgen 

Nick's BB Member #43

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2000 10:59 am

GregJ,
Shane Crawford won last year. He is captain of Hawthorn.
Buckley will win soon enough. I can feel it.
Dgen 

Nick's BB Member #43

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2000 11:14 am

Hawthorn Captain Shane Crawford won last year.

Buckley will win one soon. I can feel it.
ytry4 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2000 2:51 pm

I don't know why you have to be in a winning side in order to get 3 votes. What is the logic behind all this? Surely, it doesn't matter who won, as long as you were best on ground, you get 3 votes!

------------------
Ask not what your club can do for you. Ask what you can do for your club.

CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2000 4:42 pm

if anyone on the ground got 40 possessions they would get 3 votes, the only exception to this rule is if your name is buckley, f*ckin bullshit, absoulute f*ckin bullshit. oh i saw that the ponsford stand yobbos buddy old pal hayden kennedy is umpiring tomorrow, ha! they should be REALLY REALLY happy about that
London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2000 9:25 pm

Stuff the Brown nose, lets hope he gets three norm smiths!
rhain 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2000 8:19 am

Yeh we all know he should have won 3 brownlows by now but what can we do about it? If collingwood finish in the 8 next year he will win one 4 sure (if he doesn't get injured.)
GO PIES!!!!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: