Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The AFL & MCC need to be torn a new 'A' Hole

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wearmouth 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 8:24 pm
Post subject: The AFL & MCC need to be torn a new 'A' HoleReply with quote

If last night is a taste of what is to come then the Collingwood army is going to be shafted once again.

I made my way to the G late cause of a prior engagement. My brother and some friends made their way in early to get seats. We are all adult 18 game members. To my amasement I was not allowed into the G. The blokes at the gates were telling me sorry mate full house. But I said how could that be my bro and our mates had kept me a seat. Again I was told 'Na sorry full house'. So you can imagine where this was heading. I called my bro and told him the situation he said there was a seat for me. I tried to get the twit at the gate to talk to him but he was not having a barr of it. To cut a long story short I didnt get in which I probably have myself to blame but I could not get out of my committment earlier.

What I then discovered a few minutes later made me incensed. There were guys locked out who were Collingwood reserve seat members. I can understand my situation being a Adult 18 general admission. But these guys paid premium prices to have their seats reserved and the moron at the gate would not let them in. I started to go into bat for the blokes. I said to the D**K H**D 'look mate I know you cant let me in but buddy check the guys memberships they have reseved seats how can it be a full house when their seats are empty!'. Again the standard sorry boys full house. I could see that he had no brain of his own to think with and I needed to get home so that at least I could watch the replay. So I left not knowing what what happened to the poor guys with the Reserve seat memberships.

I am to pissed off to post any more but when I cool down there will be more to come from all this crap.

Floreat Pica!!!!
London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 8:55 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Wearmouth, I deleted the other thread you posted on this, OK?

I think anyone who purchased guaranteed seating, only to be locked out, should be getting some sort of compensation. And the behaviour of the ground staff suprises me not one bit. It may be a long season!
Rowdy 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 8:56 pm

That's really gotta rile you! I'm pissed too now, just reading about it. Complaints should be directed to the club in the case of reserved seat holders not getting in - that's beyond a joke. I think the guys at the gate have big man syndrome sometimes...and small d@$cks to boot. Evil or Very Mad
Bones 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 10:02 pm

The guys at the gate are probably only doing what they have been told by the fatheads trying to run the show.
I would be demanding a refund from CFC, they then can stick it up the MCG fatheads.

It's damn well not good enough!!! Evil or Very Mad
Black_White 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 10:45 pm

Please remember that the AFL hires the MCG from the MCC.
This means that our club, and the AFL, have very little control of match day stadium management.
I would urge any members who feel aggrieved to seek compensation from the MCC. Maybe CFC could organise a log of complaints?
Eddie, you out there?

-Craig

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 10:54 pm

I purchased tickets on the net for venue pickup (big mistake, never again). Stood waiting for over 50 minutes and when I got to our seats someone else was in them. I vented my anger at one of the ground staff who promptly kicked the people out of our seats.

Not good enough and the way I looked at it, the AFL had our money so why bother giving us service to get our tickets. 6 windows open was crap especially when they knew it would be near capacity crowd.

Not enough staff to cope with demand it was that simple.
CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 11:54 pm

yer, how can u not get in wen u have a reserved seat? isnt that the point of getting a reserved seat? that its left RESERVED til u farkin get there dammit!!!

what a conspiracy. just as we get good the bloody ponny stand gets pulled down! frigging why couldnt they have done this in goddam '99!!!!
Dr Alf Andrews Pisces

Fitzroy Victoria Bowling Club

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2003 2:43 am

Someone's gotta bleed over this.

I guess lock-outs are going to be par for the course this year. Can't be helped now.

But RESERVED SEAT holders being turned away is just NOT ON.

I suppose the AFL, the MCC and Collingwood FC will pass the buck among each other ...

But SOMEONE has stuffed up big time ... and I'd love to see a few heads roll over it.

I know it's too late now ... but there was nothing wrong with the MCG before they started "renovating". And there's an old saying ... "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

Absolute insanity.

They've turned the greatest sporting stadium in Australia into a wind-swept hell-hole that can't hold a decent crowd any more. It looks more like the old South Melbourne ground than the home ground of the Mighty Magpies.
I@n S 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2003 2:58 am

Collingwood reserve seat members couldn't get in. WTF!!! I give up...
Shoot them now, the afl and mcc that is. What the #%$#$@# is going on with footy. If its not the rules its the stupid organisation of the AFL.

Joffas Chook raffel song rings a bell
Wearmouth 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2003 8:32 am

This is definitely not good enough by the AFL & MCC. We have over 33,000 members at the moment. If as they expected the game to be a sell out they should have called for it to be a fully ticketed event. With that the members would have been prompted to book reserve seats. Which may have solved the problem of ( I heard the figure was something like 3,000 collingwood members didnt get in), the members not being able to get in.

Also the fact that only small area was allocated to general admission leads me to think that the powers that be new full well what was going to happen they probably just felt that lets see how things pan out.

I know that last friday was more my fault than anyone elses but I cant afford anymore than the Adult 18 membership($255.00) I am buying. So if I am going to be up at the mercy of these morons for the nest couple of years I will definitely not be buying membership next year until the G is back to its full capacity. Why should I throw my money away and get no value for it. I think I did the right thing by my club and purchased a full season membership. Now I think that my club needs to do the right thing by me and force the AFL into a situation that treats the most important people of the game the spectators with a little bit of god damn respect.

Geez all the crap that the AFL keeps spewing out about how the clubs need to generate their own incomes and sponsors well how about stepping in and standing up for the little people not not always folding like a deck of cards for the corporate dollar. The home and away season is for the die hard supporter and club members. Dont take that away from us as well.

THEY HAVE ALMOST LOST ME !
AND I'M SURE THEIR WILL BE OTHERS!!

PAID UP AND PISSED OFF!!

Floreat Pica!!!!

Last edited by Wearmouth on Sun Mar 30, 2003 8:46 am; edited 1 time in total
fan4collingwood Aries

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2003 8:40 am

I can understand that being a collingwood member does not guarentee entrance tot he MCG......but reserved seat holders being refused entry???????????? This must be a legal issue, and I urge all reserved seat holders to launch a class action against the MCC for breach of contract.....after all, you couoldn't see the opening game of what may be our premiership season!
TB Capricorn

When I was growing up everyone wanted to be a ballerina...I wanted to be a vampire!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2003 10:17 am

I caught up with a friend yesterday who has had hell getting her reserved seat membership Sad She was overcharged for it via direct debit, she was spoken to very rudely on the phone by CFC staff ( she did name them) when she tried to sort out her problem and actually get her ticket, she was abused some more! She finally got it sorted, and got her membership ticket last monday. As she told me all this, she was almost in tears and she said 'If she didn't love Collingwood so much, she'd get her money back and forget all about it'. I can understand there might be hiccups here and there coz its a big job, but to be made to feel like you're the person in the wrong when you're just chasing up something you've paid for ( and been overcharged for) is just wrong.
TB.
MargOZ Taurus

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2003 10:27 am

I agree with what everyone's saying. This was NOT a surprise - it was ALWAYS going to be a game that was going to have a big crowd (let's face it, most CFC games are going to be at or near capacity this year!). How many months have the CFC, MCC and AFL had to prepare for this? What a joke!

I got to the game later than usual because our bus got stuck in heaps of traffic (very frustrating!) - I got in okay (after the longest queue I've ever had to line up in at a home game). But a friend who had to pick up her seasons ticket said she only JUST got in the gate before they locked them. I honestly don't know what I would have done if I'd been locked out and my empty seat was waiting for me inside - and more importantly - I couldn't see my Pies play. It infuriates me just thinking about it! If this isn't rectified in the next few days (and if it ever happens to me) heads will definitely roll. And for those reserved seat holders who were locked out on Friday night - they should definitely take it further. Someone has to at least take responsibility for the debacle. Do they want the grass roots supporters to actually support their clubs and go to matches or not? They act like they care but when the crunch comes the grass roots supporters always get shafted.

GO PIES!
Marg
Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2003 12:40 pm

I posted on another thread about the Lockout. Collingwood are aware of it and first thing yesterday morning in the papers and on the CFC site Greg Swann was asking for an urgent meeting with the AFL about it. Even he said it's NOT ON FOR MEMBERS TO BE LOCKED OUT. Here's the link to the article again.

http://collingwoodfc.com.au/default.asp?pg=news&spg=display&articleid=81464

stik35 Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2003 3:41 pm

This really takes the cake.
How can you be refused entry if you have a RESERVED SEAT?
I am lucky that I don't work on Friday's and I can get to the game early but for people who either have to work or travel and cannot get there early they should able to reserve a seat, secure in the knowledge that it will be waiting for them when they get there.
This is just NOT ON.
It will put people off even trying to come to games if this is the treatment they get.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: