Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

wasteful pies v wastefuller tigers

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ed from WA Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 12:51 pm
Post subject: wasteful pies v wastefuller tigersReply with quote

Match Report from a far off loungechair.

Thanks to channel 9 the friday match reports will have to be late reports as my 2003 system is to listen live and then watch the tape in the morning.
Im too old to be sitting up at midnight watching footy,and i cant see why i should have to.
Im really quite happy with this new tv coverage, on saturday and sunday its fine,but friday nights give me the shits still.

Anyway enough grizzling
As soon as i turned the tape on the amount of RESPECT being shown by everyone was evident,Aretha franklins song was beaming at me in my mind.
Umpires shaking hands with everyone,there was enough respect to make greg miller choke!!

Although there was respect It sure wasnt pretty.
We started ok with Taz getting a free passed wide to Tarks and he handballed to cheesy who slammed the pies first real goal for 2003.
Strong work from wakes saw leon run into open goal and he mucked up the kick,Didak grabbed it and hit the post.
What followed was a whole qtr of wasted opportunities.
So many times players had set shots that fell short,you would think there was a wind tunnel behind the goals.
2 goals 8 at qtr time was not a good return for the amount of footy we had.
In the dying moments of the qtr mcgeough left foot over his head if you dont mind snagged a goal and then ran into open goal a minute later and missed,
got me buggered,we been wasteful for years nothings changed.
2nd qtr we start with about 5 minutes of hap hazard fwd entries for zero return and as usual the opposition go fwd and goal.
Williams then runs into goal and for some reason uses the left foot and it falls short,leon snaps another bloody point.
Richo is giving young walker the runaround but luckily he is as wasteful as we are.
It could have got ugly if he could kick.
We are just bombing at the goals and scoring points until somehow Didak mages to scramble thru a goal.
I really wouldnt like to be a fwd at collingwood at the moment,the delivery into the 50 is ridiculous.
after a respect filled laclustre scrappy half its 31-30
pies lead.

3rd term is a bit better.
taz marks and hits the post,tiges go fwd and score a point and from the kick in we get it to mckee who hands over the top to leon who kicks a sausage,but he has a look on his face that tells me MM has been up him at half time for lair rising.there was no finger wagging this time.
then Molly does the old shoe shuffle and gives off gets it back and bombs a long goal from 50.
Tigers score a point after Lokan is pinged for holding,geez the umps have just lost my respect,that was soft as butter.
Anyway from the kick in we just go straight to bucks who goals from 50.
Then Mckee is pinged under the prior oppotunity rule in the ruck and tigers are gifted a goal.
Mckee has ben real handy but im afraid this rule may be the end of him.
walker is doing a bit better on richo this qtr,he has stopped a few of his chances and has worked in tandem well with the other backs.
We spend some more time just bombing it around until molly roves a ruck and snaps truly.
seconds later obree gets a handball from bucks and its another sausage.
taz marks in the pocket but passes to no one and the tigers rush fwd with seconds to go.
Young walker stands tall and marks.
62-42
After some farting around Bucks cuts off a richmond sortie gives off to didak who has a run passes to ropp and he goals.
joffa now reckons its gold jacket time.
then the comedy routine of the night by 2 richmond comedians after being called to play on sees the nut in leons hands and he snaps truly,out comes the finger this time,he looks a bit happier now.
Woey bombs long to the square williams marks and goals,then from a kick in after a richmond point bucks gets it to lokan who has a run passes to woey and its a goal from 50.
didak finishes our scoring with a goal after a strong mark.
it was a scrappy finish to a scrappy game.
Thank goodness it was only richmond playing us.
with the amount of t/os we did tonight a better side may have buried us.

votes for the armchair medal.
3 buckley
2 woey
2 mckee
1 williams
1 mcgeough
London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 11:53 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one Ed.
cobood Aquarius

In Bucks I trust!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2003 2:22 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

*chuckles* Thanks Ed....
Ed from WA Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2003 12:46 pm
Post subject: no thanksReply with quote

I know a bloke who bought something like that,of course it was illegal and he just did his dough cold.
our local pub has impaja now so i will watch them live there if its on.
but he also looks like getting burned as hes about to get blocked from live footy by the authorities .
its a disgrace isnt it!

i heard the foxtel bloke on radio last week when asked about anti syphoning laws.
he said why would the govt allow a system where only 10% of all sport is shown live.
his criticism is a valid one when he points the finger at free to air stations for gaining rights to sports and then not showing them at all or so late at night no one watches anyway.

for example for the first time in 40 yrs i didnt hardly see a ball bowled in the last ashes series.
because 7 had the rights,didnt want to show any before 1030pm,but barred foxtel from showing it live of course.
so i missed the lot.

dont get me started on channel bloody eddie and friday nights.
its all bullshit,and the sooner free to air lose all sport the better as far as im concerned.

Notice 9 wont be showing us in WA the sunday 2hr footy show either this year!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: