Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Be warned MCG

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
joffa_the_man_in_gold 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 10:03 am
Post subject: Be warned MCGReply with quote

Last night was a bloody disgrace and its dangerous if there was to be fire or a need to evacuate the MCG thousands would perish, this is no joke, and its very frightening, it took bloody ages just to get out the ground at half time could you imagine the chaos if anything was to go wrong.

I just hope someone learns from last nights fiasco !!!

Joffa Corfe

email.. joffa@magpies.net
Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 10:39 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

ahhh Joffa, you echoed my sentiments exactly, you must have been near me when i was saying that trying to get out at 1/2 time. It's dangerous, i felt for the poor little kids and those on crutches, walking sticks, disabled etc. and all you need is one person in the crowd to create a panic situation.

They have to open EVERY available entry/exit to enable the people to leave safely. They have a duty of care to all patrons.

Collingwood are also going to be seeking talks with the AFL about the fact that many members were locked out of the ground. Here's the link to that story:
http://collingwoodfc.com.au/default.asp?pg=news&spg=display&articleid=81464

Something has to be done NOW, we can't wait until there is a tragedy, you see it all the time overseas, are we becoming like them? We can't have this go on for 3 years.
MargOZ Taurus

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 10:56 am

It was a joke! The AFL and MCG need to do something NOW! That wasn't good enough, and as others have said it was extremely dangerous. Not to mention the people with reserved seats (including members) who were locked out. Are the AFL EVER going to learn that Collingwood always gets the big crowds and that a little bit of pre-thought and planning might actually make a difference? It's typical of the way the AFL run everything. Here's hoping they get it right (or at least close!) next time!

GO PIES!
Marg
magpie willow 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 10:58 am

Last night we had a shocking time getting a seat.

We are all collingwood members and had swiped our membership cards through the thingy and by then it was about 6:15.

Then we went up behind hte golas at the great southern stand where we like to sit but they wouldnt let us sit there.

Then we lined up at the northern stand for nearly and hr under the impression that we could sit there. But once we got up to the guy there he said no one could sit there then he closed the gate.

Then we went to this bloke to find where the hell we could actually sit down. Then we ran in to who other than COURAGES JASON CLOKE!!! He told this guy to let us sit somewhere immediately cos we are collingwood members so then we got to sit on the forward pocket in the southern stand.

But the MCG staff were disgraceful and need to do something if it hadnt of been for clokey we might not of got a seat.

So MCG get ya act together because its just not good enough to lock out collingwood members who have payed for the membership which means they have payed for admission to that game.

So until they work something out were gonna have a BIG problem.

CARN THE PIES!!!!
daicos4ever 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 11:23 am

I was glad I had bought a reserved seat for the season last night. Me and my mates only just got into the ground before the lock out occured (one too many drinks at the pub). But if we didn't have our seat we would have been stuffed. The Carlton game will be worse and it's an away game as well, so we don't have our seats. Pre-booking fee time Sad
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 11:37 am

I havnt worked out what was worse getting into the ground or getting out of the ground.

I am amazed that people WITHOUT tickets queued up at the same gate as people WITH tickets. Is the AFL really that dumb ??

They had 6 months to plan this yet they still stuffed it up majorly. They close gate 6 and then redirect patrons to a stupid glass window with two small entrances.

Next weeks game will be a sell out before Friday. I think by Wednesday all general admission tickets will be sold.

I think the number of fights at footy will increase as the supporter groups are all in the one area now.

PS. Can the tight arses at the MCG and AFL rent another scoreboard so all patrons can see. All in all a pretty poor effort by the afl.

jlc
magpie24 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 12:41 pm

Yep,last nite was the biggest stuff up i have wittnesed at the G,in the end we ended up in standing room with all the Richmond feral.
It was very hard to see the game thru the concrete pillars and the ferals heads.I cannot see any way out of this one.The black and white army is just to big for the G now!
Surprised
MissMagpie_20 Capricorn

BUCKS SIMPLY THE BEST!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 1:09 pm

I agree ppl. It was a bloody joke all nite. The only thing that went right was Collingwood's performance. Whats goin on AFL?? Confused

So when i'm lying in my bed, thoughts running through my head and i feel that love is dead...
IM LOVING BUCKLEY INSTEAD!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 1:39 pm

I've emailed the AFL/MCC about the dangerous situation they put 63,058 fans in last night. Wonder if i'll get a response. If I do, i'll post it here
MissMagpie_20 Capricorn

BUCKS SIMPLY THE BEST!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 1:51 pm

Good luck Proud Pies!

So when i'm lying in my bed, thoughts running through my head and i feel that love is dead...
IM LOVING BUCKLEY INSTEAD!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Brown26 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 2:10 pm

I think we shoudl email the MCC and ask for the rights to a few of their seats - 63000 people crowded into the olympic and southern stands, and over in the MCC it was only half ful - turn up to the game or give the general admission people a ticket - your choice.

- Ben
Madpies_Fan Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 4:04 pm

My dad and I arrived just after 4pm and was the first in line at the glass doors.. I had a sus. that it would be havoc, and as my dad has a walking stick, we wanted to be in and seated b4 the rush.. we got behind the goals, right up the front in the single row of seats on lvl 4, and my dad and I were watching all the ppl standing and queing up the top of the olympic stand, (coz they weren't opening the other section at that time) and there was no space around us either... Was really tough getting out and to the car...
Dr Alf Andrews Pisces

Fitzroy Victoria Bowling Club

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 5:43 pm

I read on "another" footy site that there were some people with RESERVED SEATS who couldn't get in last night.

Does anyone know if this is true? Because if it IS true, it is surely a case of breach of contract.

The Season Ticket does say "subject to capacity" ... but surely a reserved seat guarantees admission NO MATTER WHAT. Isn't that the whole point of getting a reserved seat?

If people with reserved seats were turned away, they should sue the daylights out of whoever is responsible.
joffa_the_man_in_gold 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2003 8:01 am

The MCG will no doubt sort out the fiasco of people getting in thats not the point im making..They have to realise with the ponsford stand gone more people are up the punt road end ( dont have to be a rocket scientist to figure that one out ) the delay in getting out of the ground at half time (for what ever reason) is indeed very alarming if something was to go wrong it would be a disaster.

Joffa Corfe

email.. joffa@magpies.net
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: