Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Tristan Walker...You Beauty

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joffa_the_man_in_gold 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 9:12 am
Post subject: Tristan Walker...You BeautyReply with quote

Its a special moment when we witness the birth of new career, tristan you were sensational last night, i get a real buzz from seein this stuff, a first gamer given the task in keeping richardson quiet ( who we know at times can tear games apart ) the discovery of tristan can only be a huge bonus for the magpies who came to collingwood with very big wraps.
I tell ya there is so much to be excited about when talking about this collingwood side who were depleted with suspensions and injury last night its going to be a sensational season.
Well done tristan and a special mention about matty lokan and andy williams
Well done fellas

Joffa Corfe

email.. joffa@magpies.net
magpie willow 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 10:01 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Tristan is a very exciting player pally he is gonna be a champion for the future of our side. I am getting very excited about how our young blokes can step up and really try there herat out when were missing some of our stars.

Good onya Tristan and all the mighty magpies!!!

CARN THE PIES!!!!
Warbler 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 10:20 am

Fantastic job Tristan & fantastic job by MM to leave the young bloke on Richo all nite . I can't think of a player in the league who wouldn't be happy to keep Richo to one goal for the nite , and I thought Tex just got better as the game went on .
Woey , Lokan & Williams - really good game fellas & congratulations to Collingwood recruiting people - u r the best & we owe u heaps .

PIES 4 PREMIERS 2003 & BEYOND
Magpie_Dan Taurus

The KING And I

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 1:04 pm

Very good Debut from Tritian Walker he gave Richo an absolute bath!

Go The Pies!

Dan

Go The Richo!

UNLEASH THE VL TURBO!
MissMagpie_20 Capricorn

BUCKS SIMPLY THE BEST!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 1:07 pm

I was amazed when Tristan ran out on to the ground to man up on Richo. Just shows what kind of esteem MM hold him in to play him on such a potentially dangerous player in his debut. And boy has he bulked up. I remember him having the frame of Josh Fraser not too long ago, hes an absolute tank now.

What an absolutely brilliant first game from Texas. He was solid and confident and revelation in Presti's absence. If these are the type of blokes waiting in the wings for a game, it just shows how exciting Collingwood's fututre is!

So when i'm lying in my bed, thoughts running through my head and i feel that love is dead...
IM LOVING BUCKLEY INSTEAD!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
foxy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 1:53 pm

and i'll never forget in the third quarter when he nearly knocked matty rogers out! rogers is a pretty solid bloke but he came off second best when he met with the full force of our TEX! the guy's an animal!
Pies Premiers 2003 Aquarius

KEEP SEPTEMBER FREE

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 4:01 pm

Another cult hero???

Great stuff for a first gamer.....he is a very BIG BOY.....will no doubt get bigger too....loved his interview after the match.....

Well done.....another potential star is unearthed Very Happy

TERRY
thommo 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 4:25 pm

A great effort for a kid playing his first game.
Showed he can run the lines and bust a pack
opened if he had to.Lets not forget his only 18.
The best is yet to come for this kid.
Clemo Capricorn

clemo

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 9:37 pm

Well done - Big Tex ! Now. Do they call him Tex as in "Walker, Texas Ranger" or as in "Bigger Than Texas". It was probably the former - but the latter on last night's game is more fitting. Wink
fan4collingwood Aries

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2003 9:07 am

TEX......you are a beauty!!
Dale61 

You can't have manslaughter without laughter.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2003 9:23 am

Last season, I watched whilst Tex was playing for the Williamstown reserves, and predicted then that he would be a player to watch. As a 17 year old, he had to learn how to best use his size, and although he is a big boy, he in fact looks a little smaller than 12 months ago.

The confidence shown by MM to leave him on Richo all night proved that he can perform at CHB, but for mine, he would be a better option in the forward half as he is not quick enough to keep up with fast, mobile forwards, but I'm not on the match committee.

This is by no means a criticism of his performance as I also was impressed with his work ethic and his never-say-die attitude. An excellent debut on which to build on, and I'm sure we'll be seeing a lot more Tex in the future.

BTW, I heard that he is the brother of that other Walker that was going to be the next big thing in Lee, but sadly, a number a serious knee injuries cut his career short and we never saw his best. Hopefully, Tex will make up for that.

Hooked
angel 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2003 9:26 am

I thought it was very encouraging for a first up effort, but in all seriousness he was only saved by having at least six goals on him by the laughable Richo.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2003 9:46 am

I agree with angel.

Take your eye patch off and open both eyes. If Richo kicked 8 goals instead of 1 goal 6 and 1 out of bounds you would not be saying the same comments. (I know it's a big IF for a hack). Razz

He was ok for a first gamer and will be better from the expierence. You don't honestly think he would get a game when the missing players come back do you?

I read his lips after the match and the 2 words stood out like you know what. I'm %&*@#* is what he said to Buckley in a reference to how he felt after the game. lol

Good signs and did not shirk an issue and showed Richo on the boundary line that to. He has had a taste of AFL football now it's up to him to improve more. He should improve at VFL Level now as well.
stik35 Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2003 4:08 pm

I think he did a great job for his first game (considering he is new to that position also) but I don't think he had the pace to keep up with Richo.
I wonder if he would have been left on him all night if Richo was in any danger of kicking more than one goal?
Knowing Mick - probably.

Ev5Magpies Virgo

Ev5Magpies

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2003 8:20 pm

I agree with Culprit, if Richo had of kicked straight... BUT HE DIDN"T, so it was a great effort by Tex in his 1st game and he can only get better with confidence. His 2nd half was a lot better & MM showed great belief in him to leave him on the whole game. And he is an absolute unit, when Presti comes back we should chuck him in the ruck & see how he goes using his bulk. 18 years old...geez
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: