Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

London Supporters-Friday 4th April at the Walkabout 8pm

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> London Supporters Group and Putney Magpies

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
annewilo 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 5:20 am
Post subject: London Supporters-Friday 4th April at the Walkabout 8pmReply with quote

Collingwood Football Club Supporters Group London

Calling all Collingwood Magpie fans to come along to the Walkabout Covent Garden pub opposite the Aussie Shop, on Friday 4th April from 8 o’clock onwards to show your support for our wonderful club.

Up until now, there has been no official support group here in London, but we are aiming to change that. Come along and have a drink with us and lets get the Magpie Army up running. Great atmosphere, re-runs of Collingwood games and lots of club gossip!!

Drinks available to buy, no entry fee, just bring your scarves. For further enquiries contact Anne Williams on mobile 077 36 369 272 or email annewilo@hotmail.com. Tell all your friends!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It would be great if you could let us know if you coming along.

Floreat Pica (May the Pies prosper)

Walkabout Hotel
11 Henrietta Road
London
WC2E 8PS Friday 4th April @ 8pm onwards

LondonPIE Pisces

Come and join the Putney Magpies BARFL team

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 9:10 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll def be there Anne, will even see if the old git that is LondonDave will make an apperance!!
annewilo 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 10:06 am
Post subject: see you thereReply with quote

good to see, hopefully we can get a few people along, should be a good night
Anne

merissajade 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 10:38 pm
Post subject: i'll be there will bells on lolReply with quote

hey mum i will be there no matter what dave will be also so it will be a great night no matter how many turn up lol take it easy see u there

riss

creedymagpie Aquarius

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 11:45 pm

Ah the Walkabout!

I went to the one in Cardiff last october and let me tell you it was the only place i had a beer that didnt make me chuck in the month i was in the UK!

But still there was no sign of any Boags! I had to wait to get back home to have one, any way enough of my dribble have a great time and have an Aussie beer (thats a cold one with co2 in it, we dont have ours flat) on me!

annewilo 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2003 12:11 am
Post subject: thanks for the notes guys amd merissaReply with quote

hope we get some numbers, havent heard from london Dave yet whether he is coming?

see you all later and thanks for tea last night merissa

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2003 12:14 am

Your dream sounds very alluring. . . .
annewilo 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2003 1:45 am

Here is a copy of the email I received from Greg Swann our CEO at Collingwood

Hi Anne

Congratulations on the establishment of the London Collingwood Supporters Group. Best of luck in your endeavors and we certainly look forward to working with you more closely in the future.

Go Pies!

Sincerely

Greg Swann

Chief Executive Officer

annewilo 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2003 7:43 pm
Post subject: Match Report-London Supporters GroupReply with quote

I just want to say thank you to all those who showed up last night at the Walkabout Covent Garden. We are now the official Collingwood London Supporters Group. But we have no official name yet. We will get back to you on that! The hotel let us have the bar area downstairs and decorated it with black and white balloons. They played old games but unfortunately the two g/fs we had just lost,because they didnt have anything else on file, but it was streamed thru out the whole venue.

We had a good turn out considering there was only a week to put this together, the main reason I did this was because London Pie is leaving for OZ today and I wanted to include as many as I could. The response has been fantastic, I had letters from about 15 ppl who couldnt attend the night but want to come along next time.All in all we got about 12 along for the night. I know I am so going to offend a couple, because they didnt fill out the forms but they came along with London Pie.

It was great to talk amongst each other, we exchanged stories about the Woods, some of us had mutual friends, we talked about our home towns and it was just a great atmosphere.

We decided that we needed a committee because this gets things done and from memory the following positions were "democratically" appointed. What we actually did was discuss the talents each person has and from that put our hands up for what we wanted to do. Although our President was a given!! I have been on committees before, where some ppl are happy tearing each other to shreds and I can assure, no crap will be tolerated from this focused group for sure.Following are who we are by first name. I havent asked all the guys if I can print their full names so bare with me for a few days.

President ( I think he accepted) London Dave-no contest
Vice President Simon
Financial Controller Nigel
Communications/Marketing Mark
Club Secretary Merissa
Club Liaison/Event Co ordinator Anne

We are still finding the right job for Annabelle as she is keen to help out with admin. Although I was thinking in hindsight today that she might like to be our Newsletter Editor. This will be decided at the next meeting (we got thrown out of the bar at this point! Closing time!) Thanks also to Dave from Sth Ockendon, Emma (a work colleague) and Michelle and Cain (non believers) and poor Matt, who turned up but went to the wrong function, met 2 girls and found us at the end of the night talking on the pavement!!!!!!!). There was a also a great guy who came along with Michelle and Cain but I didnt get his name (a Richmond ring in!!)

The model for now is to get together on games of importance and dates are big in the Collingwood calender i.e. Copeland etc The biggest problem we have is live coverage of the game or any coverage of the game.

We are going to develop a Website and decide on a venue that has sky and a bbq. Important things.
Today London Pie travels to Melbourne, so he will visit the club and take back stories to thrill them of our first night.

Now the hard work begins. We have laid a fantastic foundation but it will be up to us to spread the Pie wings across the UK.

We are to meet on Anzac day weekend. They celebrate this quite well over here with various places having Balls etc. I will investigate venues and let everyone know who has expressed interest. Our highly skilled secretary shall be onto letting everyone know.

Again may I thank everyone who attended last night, I feel we have a brilliant group, committed supporters who love the club and just want to have a taste of home. Very Happy Mark took photos of the night, which we shall post soon, as my camera's batteries failed.

Keep a look out on Nicks page for updates, we are going to ask Mike if we can use this site as our communications hub. This is the site that most ppl got to hear about the night, so thanks to Nicks Page for all your help.

Anne - London Group

Last edited by annewilo on Sat Apr 05, 2003 11:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
HAL 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2003 10:52 pm

Is the holding of hands a symbolic gesture for humans?
annewilo 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2003 11:25 pm

jesus hal, what planet are you on!!
HAL 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2003 11:28 pm

Jesus is The Son of God.
annewilo 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2003 11:29 pm

oh dear me hal, oh well, your name says it all
HAL 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2003 11:32 pm

Hmmm. . . . . Ummm. . . . . . What were we talking about again?
annewilo 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 10:44 pm

hey hal what happened to resident idiot savant?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> London Supporters Group and Putney Magpies All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: