Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Melbourne finished 14th and last year.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ash 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2000 4:32 am
Post subject: Melbourne finished 14th and last year.Reply with quote

Pretty much what the topic suggests.
Melbourne finished 14th last year. When I heard this I almost fell off my chair. Now the have won a brownlow and are about to play in a lossing grandfinal.
If somebody had have asked me what position on the ladder Melbourne finished last year I would not have known.

Is there hope for us????????????????????????????????

Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2000 4:46 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

exactly. I tipped Dees for bottom of the ladder. Woops! Oh well got 6 out of 8 right for the final 8 but god who would have thought Dees would do this. They r the Essendon of 93 - baby side. Collingwood should be fu@ken well ashamed to use the pathetic excuse of "we are rebuilding" What do u think Melbourne are doing with the loss of Lyon, Viney, Stynes and pretty much Tingay too. I have a feeling it is all in the pre-season. After going to several Essendon and Melbourne pre-season events this year i was shocked at how hard at it they were compared to some other teams.

#8 RoCkS
Go RiCkY!

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2000 12:21 pm

I believe alot of it is in the pre-season. Do you remember Melbourne being called overweight? Anyway, a hard work ethic is what is needed for success. Push yourself till you can't anymore.
London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2000 1:50 pm

We haven't been rebuilding for 6 years, just one. The other 5 years we were just useless!
AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2000 8:20 pm

Good clubs are always rebuilding. If you're not constantly rebuilding, your team will soon grow old and tired.

But rebuilding is no excuse for finishing at the arse end of the ladder. Good clubs remain competitive while they rebuild.

------------------
**floreat pica**

maggee_pye 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2000 1:36 pm

mm was simply trying to quell collingwood supporters enthusiasm for improvement, to try and keep it in context. i think we will see a big improvement from a lot of the kids, shouldnt suffer with the second year blues, not a lot of bragging can be done. the difference will be the experienced players we can get in in the trade period and pre season draft. that will determine if we finish in or out of the eight. and we can can finish in the eight if we can just get a couple of experienced talls...
Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2000 3:13 pm

well i would desperately hope they dont go down that useless road of second year blues either like we have seen with quite a few this year - Very Dissappointing!

#8 RoCkS
Go RiCkY!

CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2000 3:37 pm

yeah i think the old 'rebuilding' story is getting a bit old. we should be good when we get decent draft picks and make civil trades, f*ck trades nearly ALWAYS f*ck collingwood up. what is it with trades?? do dud players have neon signs on them saying 'you know you want me'
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2000 5:40 pm

Who said anything about rebuilding anyway?
joffa#2001 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2000 12:44 pm

lets hope the silly bastards finish 14th next year

hellraiser4 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2000 12:59 pm

to spidergirl melbournehave 14 players with more than 3 seasons under there belts how many does collingwood have so we are rebuilding

Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2000 3:26 am

well i am fu@king sick of it! Rebuilding rebuilding well they might just have to rebuild their bloody membership numbers if they keep using their pathetic excuse. Ok so i wouldnt go that far but it is beyond a joke. They get Micky over here to move up one notch on the ladder and make us look even stupider than last year. And if they want more players with three seasons under their belt then why get rid of so many older experienced players for young ones that will take a fair bit of time to develop?

C'mon Alf i am sounding like u now!

#8 RoCkS
Go RiCkY!

joffa#2001 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2000 10:35 am

I will be a member of the great collingwood football club
for ever and ever.Even in our darkest hours and we have had a few of them recently i would never question will i be a member
next year never.Value your support for this great club it is a great club there is no other club like collingwood.Just imagine the satisfaction we will get when we eventually drag ourselves out of the shit we are in now.As a collingwood supporter you made a committment! dont walk away when things are tough thats what other supporters do and its too easy!Lets all make a committment now that we will become members of the great collingwood football club in the season 2001.

maggee_pye 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2000 3:09 pm

you seem to have a serious side to you when your not larikinising around.
CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2000 4:54 pm

well i will never give up on the pies (though that rebuilding story IS pissing me off)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: