Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

I got my Grand Final ticket aaahhhhh!!!!!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2000 10:36 am
Post subject: I got my Grand Final ticket aaahhhhh!!!!!Reply with quote

Yes finally after getting about 3 hours sleep and waking up at 4:30am this morning and walking round the streets by myself in pitch black fog catching the first busses and trains almost getting bloody kidnapped raped and whatever else i finally got there, lined up for hours feeling like i had a broken back and then I finally GOT MY TIK!!! Shit, standing in that line was one of the most nervewracking things i have ever had to do. Not knowing whether the line is about to cut off or not and of course the scummy newscameras shoved up our faces filming all the ones who should be in school so we get in trouble and out to film all the ppl who are disappointed and dont make it - scumbags. God help us if the Pies r ever in it is seriously enough to make u cry.

How selfish it is though that some poor Dees and Ess ppl would have to miss out coz the greedy AFL members from other clubs decide they wanna go watch two teams that they couldnt give a shit about!

#8 RoCkS
Go RiCkY!

Magpie Gal 19 Pisces

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2000 12:43 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey well done spidergal!!!!!!!!!! I got one too. After an all niter on the streets of Glen Waverley, on sati nite after the game till I got it about 9:15 am (forth in line). Boy was it fun. Meeting a guy I have not seen since 1989 (about 11 years ago), another guy since the end of Grade 6 (1993) and meeting people around us. What a bloody nite.

Nick Davis kicks ass!!!!!!!!!!
London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2000 1:02 pm

Have a great day Spidergirl and Magpie Gal. I will be rising at 5.00 am to watch the game, which is a bummer.
Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2000 4:53 am

exactly Magpiera the real ppl of the game!

Wouldnt it make sense to have a system where the number of games u attend is recorded on yer members card and whoever goes to the most games gets a grand final ticket over those who havent attended as many during the year. It would stop those useless pricks going who wouldnt even know a goal from a point!

#8 RoCkS
Go RiCkY!

Greg J Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2000 5:35 am

Well said Spidergirl. That barcode on our membership card, in your case, cards, can keep track of how many games that card attends. Then it is a simple matter of staggering the purchase times so that the people who have attended the most games of the teams involved get the first opportunity to buy a ticket.

Geez Spidergirl, if Melbourne had played one of your other clubs you would have had a time allocated all to yourself. The only other people who I know of who go to more games than you do, are paid to (media and coaches etc.) and hence do not get in on membership cards.

I keep thinking of a story that went around after the 1996 Grand Final. A North Melbourne member who had attended every home and away game possible for years, and was unable to get a ticket when the team he had been loyally following made the grand final. It made it all the more galling, to the supporter, because the North Melbourne breakfast was the most famous way of circumnavigating the line for tickets. In the supporters view, his club had catered to the corporate suits over their own loyal fans. He would not join up in 1997 even when Dennis Pagan asked him personally. He was punished for not paying the extra to get the membership that came with final tickets. In other words for being an ordinary supporter.

Now I am feeling a little guilty coz every year I make grand final plans on the provisio that I do not get free tickets. Well this year my plans had to be cancelled because I did. My ticket came from a sponsor of a club that is not involved in the finals. My friend works for that club.

I was even lucky enough to get a seat in the Ponsford stand. So Spidergirl I will be there in my Collingwood beanie too. Did you get your preferred seat behind the Ponsford goals? I have only seen you in your Collingwood regalia, so I might not recogonise you in your Demon getup.

Who will I be barracking for? Well when Melbourne came hard at Carlton in the fourth quarter of the first final, I got so excited I yelled out COLLINGWOOD a couple of times (dirty looks from Carlscum supporters, bemused looks from Melbourne supporters as I was barracking for their team louder than they were). They are the underdogs and I do not want Essendon to get any further ahead in the premiership tally, so I will be barracking for the Dee's again.

Magpie Girl #19, I might see you in the Cricketers before the game? Will you be wearing your Nick Davis badge? Deano and I are still trying to decide on a plan of attack. Do we get drunk before, during or after the game?

Carn De Pies!
Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2000 6:06 am

hehe yeah maybe i should become one of them media chicks! Would probably spoil ya love for the game though.

Yeah if two of my teams were in i would have to be in two lines at one time. Could make quite a handy little profit scalping tiks off! The most games i ever went to in a row was probably four or five one after another in the Ansett Cup this year. I can remember they had one like every day up at Waverley up until about Tuesday night at one stage i think so i would walk up every night and the looks i got off the camera dudes who saw me there in the same spot each night with a different team on hahaha! I ended up going to every single Ansett Cup game at Wavereley in 2000 set a bit of a record there I think!

Ah i feel soree for ya over in the shitty Ponsford on Sat. The Ponsford stand is just not the same at a non Magpie game. Thankfully I am over near the goals i think down the other end. I would have died if i wasnt up that end cause i wanna be able to go down to the Melbourne race again to clap the boys those stupid security guards better let me go down there or i will full on cause a riot. U know how stingy they r at finals time with who goes where.

Well thats true ya may not recognise me outta my Pies gear coz i am gunna dress up heaps in Dees stuff - red and blue hair in plats, red and blue nails, paint my face with number 36 again, Dees scarf all my Dee badges etc etc Can't wait!

As for when to get drunk well I declare this whole grand final week a piss on and of course next week too so we can either celebrate or drown our sorrows! Hopefully celebrate GO DEES!

U goin to any other finals stuff this week Greg J? training, parade, after party etc? I am!

Fu@k the olympics i say footys still goin!

cya,
Spidergirl

#8 RoCkS
Go RiCkY!

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2000 12:13 pm

I bought a ticket at the gate for the 1996 Grand Final, on match day. We were stading over the road from Richmond station and I had a sign asking for tickets, we got a few offers too but they were a little out of the range we were willing to pay. Some Irish guys who had walked past earlier kindly came back and told us that they were selling some tickets at the gate. Well down went the sign and we sprinted across the parkland and bought four tickets (sitting in the Ponsford Stand). How is that for luck?
Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2000 12:24 pm

shit thats lucky!

I have heard a few whispers that they do sometimes sell a few on the day. Still i wouldnt risk it only if it were with two teams that i werent overly rapt in.

#8 RoCkS
Go RiCkY!

Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2000 4:29 am

Magpiera - R U saying that ya Collingwood membership got ya into Richmond games as well? Or are u an AFL member?

#8 RoCkS
Go RiCkY!

Greg J Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2000 5:20 am

2000 standing room tickets should be available (to members?) on the big day.

What ticket did you use for the Richmond games, Magpiera? And thanks for stopping using capitals for each word. It was starting to hurt my eyes.
Greg J Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2000 9:40 am

Magpiera, I paid over thirty bucks for my ticket for the Sydney game, and I got a crap seat. I should have tried to use my Adult 16 card. Mmm, lets keep a lid on this, and see what we can get away with next year.

Spidergirl, you may only have to join one club next year. As for grand final week, well I would not mind attending the last Melbourne training session (or any that they have at the Junction oval as that is only up the road from work and home). I will probably give the parade a miss, as I work on St Kilda road, not the city. Can you post the training sessions for me please, I'll go and have a look for the Hun, but I may not find it. Spidergirl, a painted and braided demoness, going off to watch her warriors do battle, have fun and hope it all goes well.

I am starting to anticipate the event a little.
Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2000 3:22 pm

hhhmmm yes very interesting u read my mind Greg J. perhaps only 1 membership will do me just fine next year well actually 2 might do it cause i would need at least 44 games seeing i go to about 2 every weekend. Wot is Ricky doing next year anyway do i need to buy another membership so i can go watch him play at some other team or what?

hehe Demoness that a good one actually!
They r meant to be having the last training at the Junction Oval 2morrow around 3-3:30 pm. So i'm looking forward to that before heading off to The Footy Show. Screw school for the rest of the week now, 2 days is enough for me its Grand Final time!! I would imagine there would be a lot of sudden flues spreading amongst ppl at work too this week haha footy fever rocks!

#8 RoCkS
Go RiCkY!

Greg J Aquarius

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2000 7:19 am

I got conned, Magpiera. I thought I was doing the right thing by ringing and booking tickets. But they only told me about reserved seats. Some of the tickets where around $60, I went for the Doug Walters Stand, which was a little over $30. There seemed to be more Magpies in this stand than elsewhere so I assumed that everyone who rang from Melbourne got put there. I should have got my brother to get the tickets.
Magpie Gal 19 Pisces

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2000 11:45 am

Hey Greg J. I'll try and get over to the cricketers on sati be4 the big game. Yeah I'll proberley be wearing my Maggies jacket and I'll wear my nicky davis's badge just for u and him.

cya

Nick Davis kicks ass!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: