Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

can we have a premier league soccer forum

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joffa#2001 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2000 11:22 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

hey guys
have a look at my other email addresss
READ IT AND WEEP

joffashearer@newcastlesupporter.com

READ IT AND WEEP hahahahahahahaha

London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2000 4:11 am

If no other bastard wants to moderate (and nick or Mike tell me what/what not to do, I'll give it a go, depending on time it takes, which I assume is stuff all???. As for a name, perhaps Victoria Park Terrace???
Mike Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2000 4:25 am

Sorry CJ your post came in while I was writing mine. I don't mind who does the moderation as long as someone does. So I'll leave that up to you guys to sort out.

Is everyone happy with CJ's forum name and description?
Greg J Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2000 4:58 am

I'll be in it too.

I've got my semi final Olympic soccer ticket, what about you Joffa?

NEWCASTLE, NEWCASTLE.

EXETER, EXETER (Exeter City are the Magpies too).
CJ 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2000 5:05 am

I wouldn't mind putting up my hand for the job as moderator, but I have no idea what that actually involves. Would you mind telling me Mike or Nick or anybody?

Also for a name and description why not just keep it plain and simple: (Hey, I don't have an imagination!)

NAME: Premier League

DESCRIPTION: Keep up to date with all the latest news and results in the Premier League.

Thanks, CJ.

GO THE RED DEVILS!!!!!

Mike Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2000 5:09 am

Joffa

My team? Everton, although these days it really is just a case of supporting a team for the sake of it. I haven't had time for anything but CFC since Nick started this site - and when I get a break from that the last thing I want to know about is another football code. I went to school in England for 12 months as a teenager and had to have a team and for some reason that I can't remember Everton was the team and by the time I found out they were the Blues it was too late.

It was a funny year that. I gained an automatic place in the first 15 based solely on the fact that I was an aussie. I was 14, almost 6 feet tall and about 3 inches thick - couldn't stand up in a strong wind. I grew up in Melbourne and had never seen rugby before so I had no idea what the game was or how to play it. Imagine my horror when I discovered that the aim of the game was to get the ball and run like buggery until you were flattened and ironed into the mud by a mass of huge neanderthal-like thugs - actually it was mud if you were lucky, if you weren't it was frozen mud. The reason they put me in the team was my ball skills. They had never seen anybody handle an oval ball the way I could (pretty average by our standards) and there was one position in the team that required it, the kick out had to be a drop kick and believe it or not, I was the only kid in the school that could drop kick a ball any distance consistently and once they discovered that, I was in, like it or not. Kicking skills were almost non-existant amongst the other kids in the team and they couldn't get hold of the idea of a drop kick at all.

Compulsory sport - almost killed me, and I've hated rugby ever since.

I've gone off on a tangent. It's a thread about soccer on an aussie rules web site and I talk about rugby, oh well.

London Dave - moderation is not difficult. It's really just a matter of making sure that you read the forum and keep it on track. How rigid you need to be is really up to you - the other users will soon let you know if you over or under step the mark.

As a moderator you are able to edit and delete other people's posts, delete, lock and unlock topics and generally arbitrate if needed. We play a pretty low key role in that regard on this bb, we really only watch for defamity (I'm not sure that that's a word, but it describes what I mean). There is an option to automatically email all posts to the moderator, so that you can keep a track without having to continually visit the forum - if you want that just ask for it and I'll turn it on.

What do we call the forum - English Premier League Soccer?

What about a description?
joffa#2001 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2000 5:39 am

well i can see our soccer forum is goin to be full of losers lol

greg-no one barracks for exeter you saved your self big time by declaring your support for the mighty newcastle united.i shoulda known by the way you drink that you are a geordi...lol

Now london davo-did you suffer from some sort of traumatic set back in your life i want to very much help you cause know one barracks for MILLWALL ITS EMBARRASSING you can tell joffa ok i know deep down you are pining to be a member of the toon army, i say welcome aboard mate with open arms,now i feel good cause i have saved a lost sheep.
PS hows my tape thing goin

joffa#2001 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2000 6:00 am

mike

Sounds pretty good do it must of been good fun spending time in England.I hope im not boring the shit out of you here but can you do us all a favor and i know a lot of others are interested it was a talking point in the cricketers arms this year when we were all half pissed well i was the others were fully pissed.Can you give us some stats on and about nicks board i.e when it started who was the first member what was the first post that sort of stuff.it is a really top site and credit must go to your self and nick
cheers mate

rash 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2000 7:38 am

This forum sounds like a good thing while footy season is over.
Mike I am very impressed. 3 inches thick hey? You may get all the girls talking about you on the chicks channel.

Fletch

Lovely rendition of You'll Never Work Alone

Go the Mighty Reds.

CJ 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2000 10:08 am

SO, Who's going to get the nod for the Moderators job??????

Since Joffa and London Dave were the first two to put their hands up they should be first pick, BUT, IF they dont want it then I'll take it since I was next in line!!!!

EVERYONE, CAST YOUR VOTE AND LETS GET THIS FORUM UP AND RUNNING!!!!

Fletch 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2000 11:56 am

Thanks Alf, how about an encore? Maybe Poor Scouser Tommy?(Although i'm a little unsure some of the verses in the first part of the song, its still one of my favs).

Also Mike I think CJ gave a good and simple description for the forum.

joffa#2001 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2000 12:10 pm

nah its ok london davo can do it i just wanna get on and support my beloved NEWCASTLE UNITED....GO MAGPIES

CJ 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2000 12:12 pm

Hey thanks Fletch.

It tock me all two seconds to think of.lol

Mike Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2000 12:16 pm

You got it Joffa
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: