Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

London/UK Based Supporters Clubs

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2003 9:25 pm
Post subject: London/UK Based Supporters ClubsReply with quote

To the whom it may concern

My name is Anne Williams and I am writing to let you know that Collingwood Football Club are keen to start a London/UK based supporters clubs. The idea is to get together with like minded supporters, find a social venue and support our famous club. I am the former Vice President of the Collingwood Cheer Squad but had to resign when I relocated to London 3 years ago.

This supporters group (still to be named) has the blessing and support of the Collingwood Football Club (Marketing and Membership departments) and I am keen to kick this off this season. The glaring need for such a group was made obvious, when I found no such group in existence around the time of our grand final 2002 and again for the summer cup 2003.

I am hoping that you can offer support to our group by locating other Collingwood supporters in the UK with us.

I can be emailed on annewilo@hotmail.com. It would be hoped that after publicity with yourselves, TNT Magazine ABIE (Australian Business in Europe), and the BARFL (British Aussie Rules) that a function can be organised in the next 4 weeks to discuss interest and structure. And I am sure that one day we would be keen to apply for a position as a playing club within the British league, once we have established interest and members.

I look forward to your reply and would be delighted to discuss this further with yourself.

Many thanks.
Anne Williams
Carshalton
Surrey

Last edited by Mike on Sat Mar 29, 2003 5:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
annewilo 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2003 10:12 pm
Post subject: New Supporter Group in LondonReply with quote

Hi all fans in Oz, just a short note to this site maker to say thanks for the publicity, and if any of one knows of UK fans, please let them know we want to hear from them.

Hope we have a great season.

LondonPIE Pisces

Come and join the Putney Magpies BARFL team

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 12:44 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Count me in Anne, I have sent you an email with my details and will
be please to offer any help I can...
London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 1:24 am

Anything that involves the probable consumption of Guinness with such a fine upstanding citizen as LondonPie has my full support. Contact me at The Crown.
cobood Aquarius

In Bucks I trust!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 2:09 am

Hi Anne.... Frankie here.... how are u.... nice to hear from you .... welcome to Nicks and good luck in your venture.....
joffa_the_man_in_gold 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 10:15 am

Top stuff .

Joffa Corfe

email.. joffa@magpies.net
creedymagpie Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 3:20 pm

If i still lived in England i would definatley make a drive from Andover to spend time with fine people like London Dave and Londonpie but as i no longer do i wish you all the best and when i come back for another holiday i would like to come to your gatherings!

But Londonpie as i have just got the revolting taste of your flat warm beer i experienced on my holiday there last october i think i will stick to the spirits while you can drink all of the Irish sewerige you like!

Northern Pie 

We are watching!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2003 3:51 am

Yep Well If I was still living in Liverpool, I would totally jump on this....met quite a few Collingwood Supporters over there actually..I was amazed.

Just to let you know that BWPhantom and I are looking to do some "information Broadcasts" on match day again this year....if you are interested in those details let us know...I think some of you joined us on yahoo last year??

Cheers

dimo 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2003 1:07 pm

Good Luck Ann, I wish you well..

GO PIES ALL OVER THE GLOBE....
MargOZ Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2003 4:17 pm

Best of luck Anne. I would have loved this to have been up and running when I worked in the UK - I had a ball over there but boy did I miss my footy fix! I might see if I can recruit some of my UK friends to join - once I try and explain Aussie Rules to them again!

GO PIES!
Marg
annewilo 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2003 10:56 am
Post subject: Dear Frankie, London Dave and all the restReply with quote

I have posted a mesage in one of the other boards, but just a quick note to say thanks for all your messages and emails-Frankie, I was shocked to get your mail, how the hell could you forget me!!!

Anyway, you were one of the nice ladies I had the pleasure of knowing back in my days in Melbourne, probably what confused you was my years, you are right, I was vice president when Kath was there I think 98, before all the changes etc. I joined the cheer squad in 93 and the committee in 97. Anyway, I hope all your family are well and cheer loud for me. I will mention to my children that you have been in touch.

Anyway, must away, have a hectic couple of days ahead, will be back in London on Thursday to pick up my messages, so hopefully we will have found some more. Cant wait until it all kicks off, and will be in contact with all those who wrote by the end of the week via phone.

Bye for now Annewilo

Greg J Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 1:57 pm

Hey London Dave, this looks like the thing for you. Should tide you over until your next visit to Joffa's, that is, for a black and white fix.

Well done Anne. Spread the Collingwood presense throughout the world.

SIB4897 Pisces

Moe HS & Karingal HS (Frankston) Old Boy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2003 11:05 am

Good luck Anne, on the rare occasion I get down to the Smoke, say when Collingwood are next over for the Foster's Cup, it'd be good to chew the fat with y'all. Cool
Nick's BB Member #8
2013 International Member
Collingwood Football Club
annewilo 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2003 6:06 pm

Dear Stephen
Thanks for that, look ofrward to seeing you at one of our nights. We are getting good response to the night, lets hope plenty come along. The walkabout have organised the place to have a black and white feel about it and are also serving pies!
Ive posted this on so many expats sites like gumtree and aussie abroad, tnt the magazine has also said they will promote and it turns out their editor is a pie man, so we may see our pics in tnt next week!!
Just hope that we have got the word our to everyone.
See you at some stage during the year.

annewilo 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 9:36 am

For any uk magpie fans, please dont forget Friday night 4th April we are having our first night at the Walkabout Covent Garden. Bring your friends and lets see if we can convert them to the greatest sport and club in the world. The poms arent too good at much else!!!!
No seriously, its been really hard trying to track ppl down and to create enthusiasm, but we will see on the night.And to those who have said they are coming along, cant wait to meet you all.
Thanks again to everyone who has sent messages of good luck.
Anne
London

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: