Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

When did you first realise you loved Collingwood?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hotpies 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2003 3:03 pm
Post subject: When did you first realise you loved Collingwood?Reply with quote

Anyone got any intresting stories about how you first realised that you loved Collingwood?
MissMagpie_20 Capricorn

BUCKS SIMPLY THE BEST!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2003 3:17 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Well i was born into a Collingwood family and have barracked for Collingwood as long as I can remember. My earliest memory is probably from the 1990 finals series, so i guess ive loved them for a long time indeed:)

So when i'm lying in my bed, thoughts running through my head and i feel that love is dead...
IM LOVING BUCKLEY INSTEAD!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
champagne leon 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2003 3:31 pm

when i was 6 i had to watch the footy on a black and white tv and they were the only team i knew what i was looking at......
daicos was the first player i loved and then it grew from there !
Kristin5 Taurus

Fiery Redhead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2003 3:33 pm

Yeah, similar to Brooke...I was born into a Collingwood-mad family. My grandfather played for the Pies in 1927 and 1928, and I think I would have been ostracised if I supported anyone else!

My dad came over from Holland in 1956 and, whilst he lived in the eastern suburbs where a lot of people followed Hawthorn (as his side of the family ended up doing), he was SAVED as on his first day of school the teacher sat him next to a kid wearing a Collingwood jumper, and he's never looked back! Smile

eddieforprez 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2003 3:48 pm
Post subject: Romancing the clubReply with quote

She was only 16 i was 17.The year was 1980. She was of good italian stock-me an aussie, hold the egg. We met during year 12 and we got serious almost straight away.Sneaking around her back fence we kissed we fondled we 'romanced'. Twisted Evil
One thing led to another.And another. She said we should get engaged.I hesitated, no she insisted, we SHOULD get engaged! She set the date to make the announcement.It was for the last Saturday in September.Yes that Saturday, at 2pm. Collingwood won their way throug to the Grand Final against Richmond. I had to decide, the italian or the pies? What a decision!! I tossed i turned i agonised, 10 seconds later i decided. Evil or Very Mad

2pm that Saturday saw me at the 'g'.
What Kevin Bartlett did to the pies sort of describes what my then girl friend did to me.The next day saw me single alone but soemhow happy with my decision. Very Happy
I next saw her at half time during the 90' grand final.She was happily married with 4 kids,me- still single but hey ive got the pies! Wink

Pies Premiers 2003 Aquarius

KEEP SEPTEMBER FREE

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2003 5:14 pm

I started supporting coll after the 1984 prelim......we all know what happened that day..... Shocked

TERRY
AnthonyC Aquarius

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2003 5:20 pm

You ever post anything as terrible as that again PP2003, and I'll fair dinkum delete it. Wink
Miss_Lisey_Molloy Taurus

Keith Urban - CMA 2005 Entertainer Of The Year!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2003 6:53 pm

I was born into a collingwood family. mum, dad, belinda and brendan are collingwood, but belinda's hubby rob is essenscum Razz. But when she has a baby it will have a pies jumper on straight away. Smile

Love always, Alyssa xoxo

Jarrod Molloy's #1 Fan! Pies are Premiers in 2010!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  
Rohan 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2003 7:44 pm

I used to be babysat by Jack Regan (the prince of full backs) and he got me aware of Collingwood. It wasn't until about a year later that I worked out my Great Grandfather and his brother were one of the most famous sets of brothers to play for Collingwood.

i_luv_tarkyn! Scorpio

Dream Big!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2003 9:14 pm

i was born into a collingwood family- mum, dad, my five brothers and sister. it was barracking for the pies or living in the shed. i think i chose the right decision Very Happy

luv jess

Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2003 9:32 pm

i grew up in a family where my Dad was St Kilda and Mum was Collingwood. When I was about 14/15 my friends at school were Collingwood, so i jumped on the bandwagon and started barracking for them....but the real time I knew I really really loved Collingwood.....was at the 1977 Grand Final against NOrth Melbourne.....both times. That was it for me.
TRELOS 

TRELOS

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2003 11:05 pm

my dad is a mad essendon supporter and decided to take me to the 1990 Grand Final when i was about 3 or 4, i didnt follow footy then and he thought that i'd begin to barrack for essendon if they won, anyway we know what happend and after Daicos kicked his 2nd of the match, i turned to my dad and said Go Collingwood...u shoulda seen the look on his face, since then ive never looked back
joffa_the_man_in_gold 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2003 1:13 am

My mother was a collingwood psychopath we would be served cold soup many times on a saturday evening after a collingwood loss, me dad was collingwood and would escape to the local scout hall when the pies were in a big one and if we lost we would walk back home and when we got to the corner of our street joffa and brothers would have to carry him home to bed and tell mum he got pissed and couldnt walk home, it was dads way of escaping the wrath of mother..we couldnt sit with mum at vicky park because she was imbarrassing ( god bless her ) she knew a few swear words my mum and she had this annoying habit of going the umbrella if anyone didnt see things her way..the defining moment when i realised i was to love collingwood was the heartbreak of seeing dear old dad crying his eyes out after the 1970 grand final loss

Joffa Corfe

email.. joffa@magpies.net
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2003 8:25 am

I realised i loved Collingwood when i discovered how much them losing made me sad Sad

jlc
serendipity 

The Road to Glory.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2003 9:42 am

My first realisation and recollection of being a one-eyed magpie supporter would have to be when I was still in my Mummy`s womb!..must have been that black and white blood I inherited. I can still hear Dad`s yelling and supporting over the old valve radio going full blast in the kitchen..( Dad even used to start the lawnmower up so mum would think he was working..and you could still hear the commentry over it..) Then as I escaped into the big world of black and white, it was off to vic park with dad whenever we could...only on Saturdays back then. A long train ride from Noble Park to Vic park, but I still have great memories..It was a long time between drinks as I was only 2 years old when we beat Melbourne in the 58 GF, and had to wait till 90 for our next ( unfortunately I was overseas for that one so I missed it..) So I am really looking forward to seeing the big win for 2003..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: