Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Is it pull the finger out Tarrant time?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrsTarrant Sagittarius

I love you Chrissy Tarrant you rock!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2003 3:46 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think there is anything left for me to say my god everything has been mentioned in this topic!

I am sick and tired of having to defend Taz to some people on here, if some of you might remember I got into a few heated discussions last year about the exact same thing however I wish to defend Brooke so I will.

Look it's fair enough as a supporter to mention which players are playing well and the ones that aren't yet sometimes it gets out of control. Whatever happened to constructive criticism? We should all support our players no matter how good or bad they are playing that is our role as supporters!

Some players cop more criticism than others and I just can't understand why, maybe our expectations of these players are too high? I think Tazza is a bloody sensational player who will only keep getting better and better and I think the main problem as someone mentioned is some players don't know how to kick the ball to him properly! I think Bucks is the only one who perfects it everytime GO BUCKS!

I am also sick and bloody tired of some people stating that women only like a certain player for the way he looks! MY GOD BROOKE AND I ARE WOMEN AND WE FIND MEN LIKE TAZZA ATTRACTIVE BIG DEAL! The attractive men is just a bonus in footy, do you think we would spend a bloody fortune on memberships and go to the games every week rain hail or bloody shine just to have a perve? I DON'T THINK SO GROW UP!

GO TAZZA! I'm looking forward to watching a big year from him and I will be there supporting him every step of the way!
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number 
i_luv_tarkyn! Scorpio

Dream Big!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2003 9:53 pm

i agree with mrs tarrant. i was watching tarrant closely in the wizard cup and he makes lead after lead after lead but it doesnt hit him on the chest or the player chooses another option. if the ball hits him on the chest every time he is on a lead he would kick 60 + goals this year, no problems.
anyone who pulls on the black and white jumper deserves respect and support from all supporters.... but there are still some who continue to bag players week in week out. if you watched the game closely you would notice they put their heart into each game and give 110%.

luv jess

Rohan 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2003 11:12 pm

JLC wrote:
Please tell us the better forwards in the AFL??

Lloyd, Neitz, Anthony Rocca, Tredrea, Lucas, Lynch, Carey, Croad, Cornes, Grant etc, etc, to name a few.

JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2003 8:33 am

Rohan wrote:
JLC wrote:
Please tell us the better forwards in the AFL??

Lloyd, Neitz, Anthony Rocca, Tredrea, Lucas, Lynch, Carey, Croad, Cornes, Grant etc, etc, to name a few.

Lloyd = Yes

Neitz = Yes

Lucas = Moved to Centre Half Back. Very much a HOGG and seems to have the Stephen Patterson disease and plays with blinkers on.

Rocca = Yes but was often maligned as a forward initially when around Tarrants age.Was ridiculed for his fitness and lethargic style of play. Suddenly he is everyones flavour of the day again.

Lynch = As i said running on drugs.

Croad = Very very soft player. Doesnt get many goals when the going is tough. More worried about the real estate market.

Grant = You are kidding yeah ?? I assume you mean Chris. The guy who has the wobbles when goals are put in front of him.

Carey = Has been in the past. Unlikely to play more than 14 games this year one would think. Has one or two years at the most left in the game.

Cornes = I assumed you mean Chad. Good player but havnt seen enough of Port to make a judgement so i will say yes.

jlc
Rohan 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2003 12:20 pm

JLC wrote:

Lloyd = Yes

Neitz = Yes

Lucas = Moved to Centre Half Back. Very much a HOGG and seems to have the Stephen Patterson disease and plays with blinkers on.

Rocca = Yes but was often maligned as a forward initially when around Tarrants age.Was ridiculed for his fitness and lethargic style of play. Suddenly he is everyones flavour of the day again.

Lynch = As i said running on drugs.

Croad = Very very soft player. Doesnt get many goals when the going is tough. More worried about the real estate market.

Grant = You are kidding yeah ?? I assume you mean Chris. The guy who has the wobbles when goals are put in front of him.

Carey = Has been in the past. Unlikely to play more than 14 games this year one would think. Has one or two years at the most left in the game.

Cornes = I assumed you mean Chad. Good player but havnt seen enough of Port to make a judgement so i will say yes.

So 90% of the forwards I mentioned are better than Tarrant. Flies in the face of your initial statement doesn't it?

JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2003 12:32 pm

How did you come up with 90%

That is 9 out 0f 10......dont see how you arrived at that conclusion.

Chris Grant, Scott Lucas and Croad i don't think are better forawrds than Tarrant. If they were such good forwards why would they be played in defence?? Would seem a bit silly wouldn't it.

Carey has been a better player than Tarrant but his best is well past him. Tarrants best is ahead of him. So i would rather have Tarrant. Same applies with Lynch.

Hopefully the club is patient with Tarrant as they were with Rocca. If the club hadnt been patient with Pebbles and listened to disgruntled supporters another club would be enjoying the talents of Rocca.

jlc
MissMagpie_20 Capricorn

BUCKS SIMPLY THE BEST!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2003 1:20 pm

Im with you JLC Very Happy

So when i'm lying in my bed, thoughts running through my head and i feel that love is dead...
IM LOVING BUCKLEY INSTEAD!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Rohan 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2003 3:29 pm

JLC wrote:

Chris Grant, Scott Lucas and Croad i don't think are better forwards than Tarrant. If they were such good forwards why would they be played in defence?

Probably because the situation dictates they be played in the back half. Just because Lucas and Grant are played down back doesn't mean they aren't good forwards and it shows that Essendon (with Sheedy) throw their team around a bit while Rhode's team lacks key defensive players.

Lucas and Grant have kicked over 50 goals more times than Tarrant and are better proven forwards over the journey.

At this present juncture Lynch is far and away a better and more dangerous forward than Tarrant. Because one player has more years ahead of him doesn't make him a better player... at this present juncture.

Rohan 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2003 8:33 pm

MissMagpie_20 wrote:
Yeah Ryan was on fire Rohan, some players were, some werent.

"With Chris Tarrant you will probably find that now there are more players under him (age) that are above him. He has to start to take over that leadership role"

Mick Malthouse.

It seems Salty Malty doesn't agree with you.

MissMagpie_20 Capricorn

BUCKS SIMPLY THE BEST!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2003 8:44 pm

Ok Rohan we all agree with you sweety Very Happy

So when i'm lying in my bed, thoughts running through my head and i feel that love is dead...
IM LOVING BUCKLEY INSTEAD!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 10:12 am

Rohan wrote:
JLC wrote:

Chris Grant, Scott Lucas and Croad i don't think are better forwards than Tarrant. If they were such good forwards why would they be played in defence?

Probably because the situation dictates they be played in the back half. Just because Lucas and Grant are played down back doesn't mean they aren't good forwards and it shows that Essendon (with Sheedy) throw their team around a bit while Rhode's team lacks key defensive players.

Lucas and Grant have kicked over 50 goals more times than Tarrant and are better proven forwards over the journey.

At this present juncture Lynch is far and away a better and more dangerous forward than Tarrant. Because one player has more years ahead of him doesn't make him a better player... at this present juncture.

Grant and Lucas have been in the game longer than Tarrant and have been in better performed teams.

The question i am asking Rohan is who would you rather have on your list.

Chris Grant
Alastair Lynch
Scott Lucas
Chris Tarrant.

Please choose one of the above players. We will then see how the player you choose goes and compare them to Tarrant over their careers. As a selector once you trade a player its very difficult to get the player back. Licuria is a classic case in point. Many people were calling for Licuria to be traded not so long ago.

jlc
Rohan 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 10:53 am

JLC wrote:

Chris Grant
Alastair Lynch
Scott Lucas
Chris Tarrant.

I would take them all over (except Lynch) Tarrant without not much hesitation. Grant and Lucas aren't limited to playing forward wheras Tarrant is very much so soley a forward.

Scotty is 24, Tarrant is 22. Not a great deal of difference.

With the future yes you keep Tarrant over Lynch. But if you wanted instant return in the form of 70 goals, you would favor Lynch.

There is no way in the world that Tarrant should be paid 10% of our salary cap. There are at least 6 too 8 players who deserve more.

JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 4:01 pm

Lets see how they go over the course of this season and the ones to follow. Just quietly i think Essendon would be rapt to get rid of Lucas for Tarrant.

jlc
drew1602 Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2003 12:59 pm

Is that Nicholas or Rohan ??...hard to spot the difference really Mr. Green
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2003 6:19 pm

Rohan wrote:
JLC wrote:

Chris Grant
Alastair Lynch
Scott Lucas
Chris Tarrant.

I would take them all over (except Lynch) Tarrant without not much hesitation. Grant and Lucas aren't limited to playing forward wheras Tarrant is very much so soley a forward.

Scotty is 24, Tarrant is 22. Not a great deal of difference.

With the future yes you keep Tarrant over Lynch. But if you wanted instant return in the form of 70 goals, you would favor Lynch.

There is no way in the world that Tarrant should be paid 10% of our salary cap. There are at least 6 too 8 players who deserve more.

Unfortunately one of your players in Grant has been injured and will be out for the year. Tragedy for the game and at 30+ years of age it will be a struggle to get back for Grant.

jlc
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6   

Jump to: