Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Is it pull the finger out Tarrant time?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MissMagpie_20 Capricorn

BUCKS SIMPLY THE BEST!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2003 10:07 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah Ryan was on fire Rohan, some players were, some werent. Theres no point in what youre saying. You just like arguing and i cant help but bite back which i shouldnt cos i feel u thrive on it.

Yeah course id prefer taz to kick 10 and all teh rest but hes not superhuman. Im satisfied with his progression at the moment. If hes at the same level in 5 years, then lets have this conversation!

So when i'm lying in my bed, thoughts running through my head and i feel that love is dead...
IM LOVING BUCKLEY INSTEAD!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Black_White 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2003 10:45 pm

MissMagpie_20 wrote:
And as much as i think Tazza is hot, my opinions are based on alot more than sexual attraction and im very offended for yo uto think otherwise. All girls who support the pies arent just in it for the guys you know. I had my eye on Taz the minute he walked thru the door ath Vic Park, and that was a bit b4 the hormones kicked in so dont be so patronising.

Sorry MM20, but a couple of questions for you.
Over the last week, there have been several threads bagging CFC players, such as;
Woey - 4 pages re: overated
Richo - lucky to play so long for CFC
Ben Johnsons inability to kick
Steve Mckee - pathetic.

Now, if you really are a defender of all players from CFC being critisized why have you not sprung to the defence of any of these guys? Yet one topic on a certain player and you are in there 2nd post up!

Now as for "having my eye on Taz from the day he walked into Vic Park". would you have your eye on him if he had walked into Windy Hill, or Optus Oval? Would you defend his playing status there? Will you defend him if he is traded to another club?

Now, please re-read my original post in this thread, the one before you decided that the best post you could muster would be an unprovoked attack, and tell me which words in it critisized tazz?
Actually, heres a copy, no edits.

"To the people who think that any player is above critisism, think again.
As members/supporters of CFC we all have a right to an opinion, and thats all Nicholas's post is, an opinion.
As the season progresses, various players will have ups and downs, and we shall all look towards sharing our frustrations with other Pie fans on this forum.
If you think a topic marked "Such & Such needs improvement" would contain critisism of said player, please, don't look, just ignore it.
I for one applaud Nicholas for this BRAVE post!

-Craig"

Show me please any thing that relates directly to Tazz?

-Craig

Pies Premiers 2003 Aquarius

KEEP SEPTEMBER FREE

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2003 10:52 pm

Hey Roohan I have an idea.....lets get rid of our LEADING GOALKICKER for the past two seasons.....now thats a great idea... Rolling Eyes

perhaps you should take up the cheap flights to iraq atm.... Rolling Eyes instead of wasting everybodys time.....

TERRY

KEEP SEPTEMBER FREE

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2003 10:55 pm

ahhhhh craig.....I think the topic perhaps gives it away...... Shocked

TERRY
mugway05 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2003 1:18 am

Arrow Rohan and Craig. You really need to take a good lok at your selves. Why are you trying to turn people away from the greatest game in the world. AFL should be promoted and by critiscing players and adding negative comments all the time just brings the game down. We should be trying to attract people to the game. Especially women. If you have ever played the game then you would know how good it feels to be supported. Just think about what you are saying. Lets attract as many people as we can to this great game of ours. LETS BE POSITIVE!!!!

Check out: www.myspace.com/mugway05
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number 
angel 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2003 4:23 am

I don't see why there can't be a reasoned discussion or analysis of our players providing it is not hypercritical. Everyone's favourite will get the going on from time to time. Tarrant is still young and has lots of improvement left in him but being in his sixth year he must begin to stand up in big games. I was a bit disappointed at this lack of goal productivity during last year's final series. I think he didn't stand up at crucial times during the Wizzer Cup either. No use bagging big hauls on an easier day, he must do it when it's harder and become more consistent. His work ethic off the field must also improve.
MissMagpie_20 Capricorn

BUCKS SIMPLY THE BEST!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2003 10:31 am

Craig if u bothered to look i did actually post about Woewodin being called overrated. As for the other players, i beleive that Johnson's skills do let him down, Richo is lucky and Stunner has been ordinary, but i didnt reply because I dont like to bag players. I just happened to be the 2nd poster in this topic becasue iwas online when the topic was posted. Whats that got to do with anything???

If Taz had walked into Windy Hill or wherever, i wouldnt have given him a second thought. There are plenty of good looking blokes that play for other clubs that i dont give a rtas about. Whats the point?? If Tazza didnt play for Collingwood i wouldnt give a stuff what he did. I support him becasue hes a Collingwood player, who just happens to be good looking, not because hes good looking and nothing else. If Tazza was trader, god forbid, I would be shattered but that would be the end of it, i would move on, becasue Collingwood, the club, is bigger than any player, no matter how much I like that player.

In that post you re copied, there wasnt any new bagging material on Tazza, ill give you that. I was simply saying that you, Rohan and Nicholas go so well together beacuse you so often concentrate on the negatives of everything. That has nothing to do with Tazza, its about everything, but iguess some ppl are just like that. Nothing I can do about it. Please dotn post anything else asking me anything cos i will no longer speak to or reply to such a sexist arrogant person.

So when i'm lying in my bed, thoughts running through my head and i feel that love is dead...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
mudlark 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2003 11:22 am
Post subject: TarrantReply with quote

Nicholas, I think you have been VERRRRY harsh on Tazz and it appears others want to point the finger at others for losing the GF last year.If tazz had have been paid the free kick against Daryl White late in the final quarter Collingwood would have been 9 points up with minutes to play and Tazz would have been a hero, which I think he is anyway.We wre miles ahead of expectations in2002 so lets put last year behind, and the fizz wizz cup gave us valuable practice for2003, so lets ALL get behind the boys and cheer them to the FLAG in2003.
GO THE MIGHTY PIES
Mudlark Cool
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2003 11:50 am

angel wrote:
I don't see why there can't be a reasoned discussion or analysis of our players providing it is not hypercritical. Everyone's favourite will get the going on from time to time. Tarrant is still young and has lots of improvement left in him but being in his sixth year he must begin to stand up in big games. I was a bit disappointed at this lack of goal productivity during last year's final series. I think he didn't stand up at crucial times during the Wizzer Cup either. No use bagging big hauls on an easier day, he must do it when it's harder and become more consistent. His work ethic off the field must also improve.

Brisbane and Melbourne are quality opposition as pointed out by Mike Sheehan.

The Tarrant knockers would have been the same people calling for Pebbles blood a few years ago.

Please Angel tell us the better forwards in the AFL??

How times change

jlc
Pies rock Taurus

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2003 11:54 am

Tazza's main problem is that he needs space to lead into. If the opposition has flooded our forward line and he has no room to move, it's very rare he'll take a big contested grab like Anthony. Taz simply does not have strong enough hands to take the big grabs; you can only take a big speccie once or twice a year. That's fine, but it's hard to be consistent when there's only one string to his bow. Whether we like it or not, his only go is on the lead.

He has all the talent in the world, and looking at his physique he obvoiusly works harder and cares more than a lot of people give him credit for. However, he does tend to brood and lose interest when he's struggling. Which a lot of people bag him for, but he has improved considerably in this area. His chasing and tackling was a feature of his game last season, prior to his hip injury.

His kicking for goal is 100% based on confidence. When he's down there's more chance of Saddam becoming a pacifist than there is of Taz drilling it. He won't be able to break this inconsistent tag until he can kick those goals in games when he's not at his best. His ability comes to the fore when he plays on an average opponent. On Broadbridge last year against Melbourne, he totally exposed the carrot head for the dud that he is, but we really need Taz to step up against quality opposition. Don't mention the Brisbane match either because he was on Craig Bolton.

I concur wholeheartedly with the original post about Taz possibly costing us the Grand Final. If anyone else can bring themselves to watch it, which I've done 100 times, late in the third quarter we had all the momentum. We were controlling play, and the great Lions side looked gone. Taz had two shots, one he kicked into the man on the mark, the other from 25m on a slight angle he sprayed. A minute later Brown has a shot from 50 out on the boundary and drills it. Despite our dominance we're only one or two points up and our momentum is shot. You can't solely blame him, particularly because of his struggles with injury, but he kicks one or two of those goals and we would have won. No worries. Everytime I watch the game I want to wring his neck.

Anyway, he's a talented footballer, not a star, but a good player. We just need to give him space to let him do his stuff.
*Rach_luvs_Lonie* Aries

*~LiL bItTa CoUnTrY..LiL bItA mJ~*

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2003 12:08 pm

Dont worry Brooke, they will soon see how stupid they sound wen Taz plays his best season eva. Stop bagging the players, and start supporting them. Because if they get bagged by there own supporters, wots that gonna do to there confidence, geez...this topic has gotten way outta hand...its so pethetic that u woulkd even consider bagging such a gr8 talant Mad Mad Mad !!!
Luv rach!!xoxox
foxy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2003 12:16 pm

yeah but he could barely walk during the GF. he was due for surgery months earlier, after one of the games in WA.

i remember during the last quarter of the GF, he tried to kick the ball and he physically couldn't. it dribbled off his boot and he just stood there grimacing.

as you say PR, gotta give him space. wait until he's 25/26 and then we'll really see how good he is. right now he's learning to gel with the forwards he'll be playing alongside for the next 10 years - fraser/rocca/leon/dids. in 3 years they'll know each other inside out and then the fun will REALLY begin. which is not to say they don't work well now - the way our forward line screens and blocks is beautiful to behold.

KEEP SEPTEMBER FREE

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2003 12:19 pm

You cannot blame one or two misses for our GF loss....

You dont win Grand finals kicking one goal in the last quater regardless of many shots you missed earlier.....NOTE 22 players ran out that day...ALL of them can hold their heads up high....

Taz will be our leading goalkicker this year.....ANYONE DISAGREE??? NO ...GOOD...then get off his back and enjoy watching a 22 year old tearing the comp apart.....

TERRY
DaicosMagic Scorpio

1970 Grand Final Boundary Umpire

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2003 1:10 pm

One post mentioned how age was no excuse because Lonie et al had stepped up during the finals, blah, blah, blah. These players did step up, granted, but running towards your own goal through midfield (often without an opponent) is a lot easier than being a forward - relying on good disposal, including correct decision making from midfielders, twisting and turning back towards goal. Being a forward is a lot harder than many of you people realise. When the ball fails to enter 50, it's hard to get into the rythm of the game. As a midfielder/HBF, you can kick-chase to get yourself into form, a full-forward does not have that luxury. That is why I would prefer Tarrant to play more across half-forward. I think he is quite damaging as a mobile CHF, with Rocca in the square.
MissMagpie_20 Capricorn

BUCKS SIMPLY THE BEST!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2003 1:50 pm

I agree. Leave the contested marks in the square to Pebbles, put Taz out on the 50 and let him lead and take marks a bit further out. May lead to less goals but i think would be mroe valueable for the team. This leaves the 50 free for pebbles and crumbers such as Dids.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6   

Jump to: