Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Is it pull the finger out Tarrant time?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nicholas 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2003 3:51 am
Post subject: Is it pull the finger out Tarrant time?Reply with quote

We just need Tarrant to pull his finger out now in big games. He almost cost us the granny missing those two a decent forward should get. He isn't consistent enough for a key forward and he's been around a long time now. I am basically a fan of Chris but he often goes completely missing and I think that he freezes when taking big shots for goal and it's getting costly. He didn't score one goal during last year's finals series. Pretty ordinary for a forward. Am I being too harsh with this call?
MissMagpie_20 Capricorn

BUCKS SIMPLY THE BEST!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2003 9:54 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

YES U R!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last year's finals series is in the past now. Chris kicked 9 goals throughout the Wizard Cup, was leading well, good body work, chasing etc etc. I was very happy with his performance overall.

To say that he almost cost us a GF is bloody disgraceful. How dare you! What about Leon Davis who didn't get a touch. What about the fact that we got some shocking decisions against us eg: Rocca's 'goal, and Lynch's free. What about the fact that we just werent quite good enough on the day. Yeah Tazz's misses were crucial but to say he lost us the GF is bloody slack.

That bloke goes out and tries his guts out every week yet he ALWAYS gets bagged and gets ppl saying hes not interested, needs to pull his finger out. It pisses me off. Why would he be out there if he wasn't interested. Ppl need to accept hes a laconic footballer. It doesnt mean hes not interested.

So how about you forget about his finals series, and concentrate on the positives he dispalyed in the Wiz Cup. I have a feeling Taz is in for a big year. But what he and all the other players need most is a bit of support from so called supporters. Give Taz a break and get behind him. He's been our leading goalkicker the past few years and yet you still dont think hes consistent enough to be a key forward. What the hell do you want. Some ppl are so insatiable.

CMON TAZZA IN 2003 Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink

So when i'm lying in my bed, thoughts running through my head and i feel that love is dead...
IM LOVING BUCKLEY INSTEAD!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Madpies_Fan Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2003 10:16 am

Well said MissMagpie_20. He also went through bit of injury last year, which certainly didn't help things. I certainly don't think you can put the blame of loosing the GF on Taz alone, many things contributed to this, it is unfair to blame one player. I think Taz has started the year of nicely and will continue to play well. What he needs, and all our players is our support.
CP 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2003 10:17 am
Post subject: TarrantReply with quote

In 2001, Tazza was on the brink of All Australian selection before a late season fade out (as experienced by the entire list - fatigue). Up to the end of that season (50 -odd goals I think) you'd say his progress was coming along perfectly.

Last season, more of the same was due, and other aspects of his game were improving, ie, blocking for others, forward-line pressure, tackling, etc. Then he did his hip in about round 11 or 12.

TARRANT TO MISS 8 - screamed the headlines. He actually missed 1 or 2. If he had surgery, he was gone. We were gone. He chose to play with the pain. He couldn't sprint. He couldn't leap. He couldn't tackle, bump or turn....for half a season. Each time he kicked for goal, you could see the grimmace of pain on his face. Yet, he still was influential.

Whilst no goals came of his finals campaign, view the Port Adelaide game when he was played at CHF and tell me he wasn't a key to the win. Two weeks later his knee buckled at a ridiculous angle. 90,000 at the G saw the replay and knew he'd be out for all of 2003.

He got up and jogged the boundary (in absolute pain), came back on and again took Nigel Smart out of the game. In the GF, he was again respectable besides his two misses and obvious mobility problems.

One of the leagues toughest players (Aaron Hamill) is about to have sugery and miss 8 as he can't bear the pain of a natural recovery for the same hip injury Chris had.

And people like you doubt the application and determination of Chris Tarrant...I'm embarassed by crap like this, I thought Collingwood supporters could see the forest for the the trees.
Fradam Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2003 10:21 am

Tarrant didn't cost us the GF. As MissMagpie said, we just wern't good enough on the day. No matter what Tarrant does he gets criticised on this board. I remember in the 2001 he was bagged coz he was only kicking goals against the good teams and not the crap ones.

It's very hard for a forward to be consistant as he is reliant on the good and numerous delivery of the football.

I'm convinced he's having a go. The fact that he crashed into a guy who got into the path of his lead is perfect example. Thank god the charge was withdrawn coz that's what we should be encouraging him to do.

swooper 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2003 12:29 pm

I think that is unfair criticism of Taz - there's no doubt that injury hampered his season last year. To say he cost us the GF is just not true -yes we all hung our head with disappointment when he missed that shot at goal, but you cant honestly say thats the reason why we didnt win? I think he will have a good year this year, he has showed alot in the pre-season comp and what about the strong mark on Sat night in the last quarter? Lots of pressure, kicked a beauty. Give him a break!
Pies Premiers 2003 Aquarius

KEEP SEPTEMBER FREE

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2003 1:40 pm

Taz is a gun get off his back......

I thought this was a Collingwood Bulletin Board....not an avenue to bitch and moan everytime a player doesn't kick 10 goals or has 38 possies...

Cmon folks as supporters.....WE SHOULD SUPPORT.......

TERRY
MissMagpie_20 Capricorn

BUCKS SIMPLY THE BEST!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2003 1:44 pm

CP that is a bloody awesome post. LOVE IT. You rock dude. GR8 STUFF. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Wake up to yourself Nicholas!

So when i'm lying in my bed, thoughts running through my head and i feel that love is dead...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
DaicosMagic Scorpio

1970 Grand Final Boundary Umpire

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2003 1:54 pm

What's the difference between Tarrant's great shepherd that allowed Neon Davis to kick the sealer against Port last year, and trying to kick the goal himself? Nothing - it's a team game. His 1 percenter saved me from a heart attack. Doesn't anyone remember his effort vs Brisbane last year at Colonial? Or his run down of Yze at the 'G' from full back -- BEFORE HE HURT HIS FRICKIN' BACK. If you guys bag Tarrant so much, imagine how much other supporters must be bagging their own forwards on their Bulletin Boards. You don't know what you have until it's gone. Just be patient, please. How old is he, 21, 22? For Christ's sake. Daniel Chick was pretty much a hack at the start of his career. One doesn't just enter senior AFL football and become a superstar overnight (with a handful of exceptions - read: a handful). Maturity has plenty to do with it.
scoobydoo 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2003 4:47 pm

we dont doubt his application & we dont expect him to kick 10 goals a game,an average of 3 would be good enough for me.thats not too much to ask for is it?60-70 goals a year from a full-forward
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2003 5:30 pm
Post subject: Re: Is it pull the finger out Tarrant time?Reply with quote

Nicholas wrote:
We just need Tarrant to pull his finger out now in big games. He almost cost us the granny missing those two a decent forward should get. He isn't consistent enough for a key forward and he's been around a long time now. I am basically a fan of Chris but he often goes completely missing and I think that he freezes when taking big shots for goal and it's getting costly. He didn't score one goal during last year's finals series. Pretty ordinary for a forward. Am I being too harsh with this call?

Which finger should he pull out ?? Most marking contests both hands are held by the opposition player and he is man handled.....

jlc
Black_White 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2003 5:31 pm

To the people who think that any player is above critisism, think again.
As members/supporters of CFC we all have a right to an opinion, and thats all Nicholas's post is, an opinion.
As the season progresses, various players will have ups and downs, and we shall all look towards sharing our frustrations with other Pie fans on this forum.
If you think a topic marked "Such & Such needs improvement" would contain critisism of said player, please, don't look, just ignore it.
I for one applaud Nicholas for this BRAVE post!

-Craig

DaicosMagic Scorpio

1970 Grand Final Boundary Umpire

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2003 6:59 pm

That's a pretty naive thing to say, Black_White. I enjoy reading the criticism put forward by others so that I may have a chance to try and defend the player if necessary. And I think it is necessary to defend Tarrant since he hurt his hip. If Tarrant sharpened his kicking for goal, he'd easily have 3-4 a game - easily. He always misses about 2 or 3 gettable goals a game. Furthermore, don't pigeonhole him as a full-forward. He plays his most damaging football up the ground as a mobile centre half forward, when A Rocca plays out of the square. Rocca's strength is such that I find it odd that he isn't left one out in the forward 50 with a crumber like Davis or Betheras more often.

On another note, a common rule of football is FRONT & CENTRE!!! Why is Rupert Betheras the only crumber who knows what this means? When the ball is kicked high and long into the forward line to a tall, why does Leon Davis either contest the mark or face the oncoming football? He simply has to get in front of the contest, face the ensuing contest, and wait for inevitable crumbs FRONT & CENTRE of the contest - this way he is already facing the goal mouth. My coaching staff drills it into our team week-in week-out, and I'm sure MM does, too. As a forwardline player, coupled with watching Betheras play it to perfection (watch last year's game vs Lions at Colonial and the first final vs Port), I can categorically say it is very effective!
Nicholas 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2003 7:50 pm

I asked was I being too harsh and you have answered me. But if we wax honeyed about our players when they are good surely we can analyse them when we have concerns. For your info it was many neutral supporters who believe Tarrant's misses cost us the Grand final. They think if he would have converted those shots in the third quarter we would never have been headed but I agree that others such as Leon struggles. Tarrant was injured of course but so were others. I do think as a forward he does need to kick more in finals. I don't count some of our wizard cup finals as the opposition was rubbish, I am talking about when the pressure steps up. The midfielders work hard to get it down to him and he is not delivering enough to my liking at the moment, that is all I meant to say. But Andy Williams also needs to lift his game, he's putting in the short steps and showing that he is a bit on the soft side even though he is a great trier. Tarkyn also needs to win a fair dinkum contest and our rucks are deplorable.
MissMagpie_20 Capricorn

BUCKS SIMPLY THE BEST!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2003 8:14 pm

You would say that Craig. Nicholas i think ur now a member of Craig and Rohan's little club. Enjoy.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6   

Jump to: