Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Farewell Nathan Murphy: All tributes.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
warburton lad 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:54 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

an incredibly heartfelt farewell speech...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qT2jT8uFzUk

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:57 pm

One of the most courageous players ever to don the black and white. Thankyou Nathan.
Said by Zed 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:47 am

warburton lad wrote:
an incredibly heartfelt farewell speech...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qT2jT8uFzUk

Yes indeed. Thanks Natters, not only an awesome player with equal measure heart and skill, but a fine person and orator - haven’t heard a more eloquent and gracious retirement speech for some time….if that’s the result of a million concussions there’s several media personalities who could benefit from at least one or two.

Good luck…we miss your Evel Knievel inspired approach to the contest and under the pack ‘all or nothing’ hard ball gets already!

Simply_Brutal 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:50 am

Not a good run for the #28 with Sinclair and Murphy both having to retire young.

Farewell Sad
uncanny 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:42 am

What a wonderful career based on yes , your natural ability, but what set you above thousands like that to allow you to play on the highest stage was your pure courage and humbleness to listen to and act on your coaches counsel to improve each week. Well done Nathan. We have missed you out there each week this year but you and us have such great memories to savour. All the best post retirement from our great game. Love
Take_a_Screamer Leo

.....No.5...Jamie Elliott....

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:03 am

Why the loss of Nathan Murphy is ‘extremely significant’ for Collingwood

https://www.3aw.com.au/why-the-loss-of-nathan-murphy-is-extremely-significant-for-collingwood/

❤️️
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:42 pm

Take_a_Screamer wrote:
Why the loss of Nathan Murphy is ‘extremely significant’ for Collingwood

https://www.3aw.com.au/why-the-loss-of-nathan-murphy-is-extremely-significant-for-collingwood/

Illogical crap! A team doesn’t need to have a player permanently retired for the club to be impacted by this loss 🙄 Any important player will be a significant loss for any game, be it a practice game, H and A game, a final or grand final. It is no different to a scenario that happens often where an injury or suspension can cause a team to lose a player playing a significant role within the team. You replace them and carry on the best you can. So the loss of Murphy is as significant as losing another player, nothing less nothing more. Sometimes you need to challenge the hack footy media for writing dumb stuff like this just to get sales, ratings or whatever. Sick of suffering fools 😏

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:52 pm

^ Yep, I never thought wed get over the very early "forced retirement " of John Greening , as good as Naicos IMHO, forced on medical grounds by that thug Odea. But, we did , and still played big Finals. Now, its up to young gun Charlie Dean to step up to the plate, I like this kid,now he gets his chance.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
stoliboy Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:59 pm

Thanks Nathan.

It has been a pleasure to watch you over the years take those amazing marks and make those amazing spoils in defence.
So many times you rebounded an opposition attack or saved an opposition goal.
Your attack on the ball was also a great message to the rest of the team to attack the ball and play hard.
Good luck with your retirement. The right decision for your health.
Well done on the Premiership.

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:41 pm

The gr8 28 -Murph wore it with distinction.
I’d love to go back in club’s history to know the gr8,s that join Murph giving glory to the Great 28

the fuzz 

Fuzz loves Bruzz

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:17 pm

^ Crosisca!!
LaurieHolden Aquarius

Floreat Gymnorhina tyrannica

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:57 pm

^just let the Murphy tributes flow a bit before taking the thread off on another track.
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:15 pm

If ya read this Murph, we luv ya and we’ll miss ya. You’re a Collingwood immortal because you’re a Premiership player. You can dine out on that for the rest of your life. Plenty will want to buy you a beer, me included if I ever bump into you. Enjoy a great future mate. You deserve it.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:55 pm

Murph apparently on the front Bar tonight.
K 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:33 pm

‘The constant battle’: Why Collingwood’s Nathan Murphy is hanging up the boots at 24

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/priority-is-my-future-pies-defender-nathan-murphy-retires-due-to-concussion-20240415-p5fk1g.html

'Murphy spent time in the off-season with defensive coach Jordan Roughead and conditioning coach Jarrod Wade trying to find ways to return to the game after the AFL gave him the all-clear to continue playing in December. Murphy and his parents, Deborah and Shaun, met with the Collingwood board to ensure all parties were conscious of the risk before that decision was announced.

Murphy said he had no regrets about the sometimes reckless way he played the game, running back with the flight to mark and attacking ground balls, nor the way in which the decision was reached.

“I don’t think I would have honestly got a game if I didn’t play the way I did. I was a guy who couldn’t really kick and handball the football so I had to do this stuff to get in the team,” Murphy said.

“The best thing about it was the boys and the coaches rewarded them and were so grateful for what I brought to the team. I felt really valued which is all you really want as a footballer and as a person.

“It’s a weight off my shoulders. The panel were great in recommending things for me to help me through this process ... it’s not all doom and gloom.”

Murphy took every precaution after the grand final incident, including not drinking alcohol during the grand final celebrations: “This is just a game of football. We wake up the next day, no matter what, and life still goes on.”'
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5   

Jump to: