Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre-Match. Magpies v. Hawks. All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Said by Zed 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2024 11:53 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
[quote="Magpietothemax"^

Yeah, nah! It’s time to drop the hype and be honest here. Finn has not shown anywhere near enough in the VFL in three seasons so what makes you think he can just turn it on in the AFL???? Same with Carmichael for that matter.
And as far as brutal tackles, I’m not sure we’re talking about the same player or watching the same game here. Unfortunately, Finn looks and plays defeated, is easily out bodied and moved off the ball, and appears uncompetitive and totally overawed. His body and tank has not developed at all since being recruited which is even more frustrating than his performances, and about as capable of imposing himself in a contest as a mildly perturbed catholic schoolgirl. TBH Sullivan has shown more in his first two VFL games for us than Finn has his entire time on the list!!!
Back to the ressies Finn….work hard in the gym and demand another crack later in the season by showing you deserve it by dominating in the magoos.

Finn out. Sidey in. WHE sub.

Pies by 11…eventually after being taken out into the deep water by Hawks early and slowly getting back into it.

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 12:13 am

Said by Zed wrote:
^

In 3 seasons, he has had 15 games....an average of 5 games per season, and the first few were when he was just a babe.
If you drop Fin,you have just taken out another mid.
I feel like we need to find the best way to strengthen our inside mid capacity.
This frees up guys like JDG, Crisp, Lippa to create havoc on the outside.
Titch can't do it by himself.
Our run through the corridor has not been "unravelled" - despite the stupid claims of Ross Lyon and sycophantic journalists.
We demonstrated that against Brisbane. They could not stop our blitzkrieg through the corridor when we set it alight on several occasions.
That is why we need another inside mid, to let our other mids blaze through the corridor.
If we omit Fin, we are giving up on the possibility of going into the game with two inside mids who will open the possiblity for us to own the corridor big time.

Said by Zed 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 12:39 am

^Good evaluation and mostly agree…except don’t think Finn is or will be the answer at least for now. Had a few more games in the VFL but never really got out of third gear in any of them. IDK but there’s really not much else. Maybe Sullivan might be worth the risk. Apparently plays like Tay but with better disposal.
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 7:23 am

Oh get forked.
“Coach Sam Mitchell says Hawthorn will contact the AFL if they find any unfair treatment of small forward Jack Ginnivan after looking at vision from their loss to Geelong on Easter Monday.”
https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/got-to-be-looked-at-hawks-urged-to-go-to-afl-over-ginnivan-treatment-20240401-p5fgmi.html
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 7:45 am

^ The AFL's treatment of Ginni contnues to be quite shameful. While the umpires at the Hawthorn end, yesterday, repeatedly ignored him having his head ripped off they were paying frees to idiots who ran head first into unsuspecting opponents at the other.
I expect it will be temporarily corrected this week, so he can kick 5 goals against us - and then the AFL will revert to treating him like dirt for the rest of the year.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:43 am

I'm not worried about what Jack does. We should be more concerned that the Hawks won clearances, clearances at stoppage and hitouts against the Cats. They beat us last year and made us look very ordinary at times. I can't see much in changes, Sidey in Finn (managed) needs a full game in the VFL.
masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:15 am

In Sullivan out Finn
aus50ford 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 10:58 am

The "nobody loved me" stories from Ginnivan have begun on Facebook ...
Media manipulation at its finest

23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 11:04 am

Its simple.
Out and out to pasture W Hoskin E Side (managed)
In: Carmicheal (reward for form and i love Carmy) Richards (see Carmy) and maybe Murphy as i think its finally time for Murphy
Sub: Stick with Crisp
Keep Fin in there hes all class
Potentially like to see Pendles have a breather but i cant see it.
Or Pendles as sub could work.
To me this is our best chance to beat hawthorn in a long time by a big margin too.

Pies by 24 points after a tight first half and Pies run out winners by 3-4 goals
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 12:41 pm

Mr Miyagi wrote:
Oh get forked.
“Coach Sam Mitchell says Hawthorn will contact the AFL if they find any unfair treatment of small forward Jack Ginnivan after looking at vision from their loss to Geelong on Easter Monday.”
https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/got-to-be-looked-at-hawks-urged-to-go-to-afl-over-ginnivan-treatment-20240401-p5fgmi.html

Oh really, well now, tell little sniper Mitchell, if he again, yet again, suells his three thugs onto Nick Daicos, as he did last match, to badly hurt him, injure him, as they did, put him out for weeks, tell this little sniper that WE maybe contacting the AFL too, regarding his thug treatment of our ball player, Naicos. Surprised Evil or Very Mad Exclamation Exclamation

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Take_a_Screamer Leo

.....No.5...Jamie Elliott....

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 1:26 pm

masoncox wrote:
In Sullivan out Finn
YESSS

But Fin has not yet being given full opportunity.
Therefore for the time being, leave him there.

Maybe:
Out: Schultz
In: Richards

Cameron needs to pick up his game
Take a few marks big guy.

❤️️
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 2:44 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Mr Miyagi wrote:
Oh get forked.

Oh really, well now, tell little sniper Mitchell, if he again, yet again, suells his three thugs onto Nick Daicos, as he did last match, to badly hurt him, injure him, as they did, put him out for weeks, tell this little sniper that WE maybe contacting the AFL too, regarding his thug treatment of our ball player, Naicos. Surprised Evil or Very Mad Exclamation Exclamation

It won’t be that easy this time to rough up Naicos. A big party of Jaicos, Bruz, Frampton, Pendles etc will have his back. The dawks will achieve nothing but trouble. We will play tough and aggressive football and win by 25 points.
As for Ginny, if the umpiring changes, it will only reinforce what I have been saying here for years on end about the maggots consciously or subconsciously showing bias against Collingwood and displaying their blatant double standards yet again 🤬 And the AFL as usual will do nothing to solve this problem which has been around for ages 🙄 And they never will and do what they normally do, put it in the too hard basket. Otherwise how come the players, coaches, administrators etc have all improved their roles except for the AFL umpires? You have to call out the very obvious problem area they have had for decades. Surely they need to get it right? But they never will.

Last edited by lazzadesilva on Tue Apr 02, 2024 2:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
inxs88 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 2:48 pm

piffdog wrote:
lol. MacRae plays a couple half games and you’re dumping him and going to Carmichael for “the answer”? What if he comes in and gets 10 touches then gets subbed? Will that convince you he’s no good?? I see Richards kicked 6 - but not sure which forward he replaces. Also, you want to reward form, but Carmichael has barely touched it last outing.

People need to realise that not all young players are Nick Diacos who nearly won a Brownlow inside their first 50 games.

We’re going to have to persist with a couple
of these young guys. I’d argue MacRae as a sub to start has been a poor move (coach admitted as much after Saints loss), and because he didn’t kill it last week he got subbed and now we’re all putting a line through him!

He might not make it to 200 games, but we’ve had far better players start their career far worse. Hell - there’s a guy playing his 350th today for the Cats whose first 70 games were unbearably poor.

I think MacRae might stay in - IMO we will need more in and under this week against the brown and gold grubs. Wonder if we can do something creative with DeGoey forward? Although they’ll probably send their tagged to Nick…

$20 Macrae gets dropped?

LaurieHolden Aquarius

Floreat Gymnorhina tyrannica

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 2:51 pm

This is the fixture I dread in the draw. For weight of games, I don't think there's a side in the modern era we've performed as badly against. Since 1990 it's 51-33W-18L in their favour.
Even in our Premiership years, they've put us to the sword. While in 2010 we recorded a win, they kicked 17.21!
Surely, we're due to give the unsociable Hawks a touch up.

Last time: Round: 21 Venue: M.C.G. Date: Sat, 5-Aug-2023 4:35PM Attendance: 62134

Hawthorn 4.2.26 6.4.40 12.7.79 16.9.105
Collingwood 0.3.3 4.5.29 8.5.53 11.7.73
Qrt margin HW by 23 HW by 11 HW by 26 HW by 32
Qrt scores HW 26-3 CW 26-14 HW 39-24 HW 26-20

https://afltables.com/afl/stats/games/2023/041020230805.html

GOALS
Hawthorn: Ryan 3, Breust 3, Morrison 2, Moore 2, Lewis 2, Weddle, Reeves, Koschitzke, Newcombe
Collingwood: Elliott 3, McStay 2, De Goey 2, McCreery, N.Daicos, Pendlebury, Hill

BEST
Hawthorn: Sicily, Day, Maginness, Newcombe, Moore, Hardwick, Nash
Collingwood: Crisp, Pendlebury, Elliott

INJURIES
Hawthorn: None
Collingwood: Murphy (foot), N. Daicos (leg), Mitchell (quad)

SUBSTITUTES
Hawthorn: Cam Mackenzie (replaced Seamus Mitchell in the third quarter)
Collingwood: Oleg Markov (replaced Tom Mitchell in the third quarter)

https://www.afl.com.au/news/993881/hawks-dominate-star-pies-injured-including-brownlow-favourite

Brownlow votes ~ 3 - W Day HAW, 2 - J Sicily HAW,1 - J Worpel HAW
AFLCA votes ~ 10 James Sicily (HAW), 8 Will Day (HAW), 5 Conor Nash (HAW), 3 Jai Newcombe (HAW), 2 Finn Maginness (HAW), 1 Dylan Moore (HAW), 1 Beau McCreery (COLL)

Magpies injury list early prognosis
tba

Hawthorn injury list early prognosis
tba

Match Preview
https://www.wheeloratings.com/afl_match_previews.html

Last edited by LaurieHolden on Tue Apr 02, 2024 3:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
LaurieHolden Aquarius

Floreat Gymnorhina tyrannica

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 2:57 pm

Match Preview
https://www.wheeloratings.com/afl_match_previews.html

Who we need to stop ~
Rating > 10
James Worpel
James Sicily
Conor Nash
Cam Mackenzie
Massimo D'Ambrosio
Jack Ginnivan
Jack Scrimshaw
​ Mabior Chol

Meters gained > 300m
James Worpel 552.7
Karl Amon 484.0
James Sicily 375.0
Jarman Impey 358.0
Connor Macdonald 354.3
Cam Mackenzie 326.0
Jai Newcombe 306.3

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8   

Jump to: