Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The Hydra ~ Caro rears her head again

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 65, 66, 67 ... 180, 181, 182  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:05 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, that's it for me, I'm done with this topic, eddie has been hauled over the coals, and hung out too dry. I just hope, I really hope, the players are as angry as most of us are at his trial by media, of our President, and take their vengeance out on the Dockers, tonight, a win it for eddie game, say.

Anyway, I'm done, time to move on.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:43 am

Let's hope after today everyone is done with it.

I'm sure some other silly thing will take over.

And I hope Eddie has a great holiday and comes back better than ever.

woodys_world69 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:58 am

I find "Neanderthal" offensive to men.

I think caroline Wilson should apologize to Sam Newman immediately.
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:08 am

woodys_world69 wrote:

No, you'll be told by gossip columnists and hack journos when to feel outrage thank you very much, they are our outrage barometer.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:27 am

Bob Sugar wrote:
woodys_world69 wrote:

No, you'll be told by gossip columnists and hack journos when to feel outrage thank you very much, they are our outrage barometer.

Well technically Caroline is correct, there is a little Neanderthal in all of us... Wink
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:22 am

The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:
Bob Sugar wrote:
woodys_world69 wrote:

Well technically Caroline is correct, there is a little Neanderthal in all of us... Wink

Most of the outraged feminist types (who piss standing up mind you) would have Ed in jail if they had their way, but they arent the least bit offended by vile Rebecca/Caroline Wilson articles.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
BEAMER09 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:26 pm

woodys_world69 wrote:

Just tune in to next weeks Footy Show...

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 6:47 pm

woodys_world69 wrote:

Yes, Sam Newman's rant worked a treat to shove it up them. I'm sure Eddie must have been real happy to get that type of support from him Rolling Eyes

Look, if you drag your knuckles along the ground, just learned to stand erect, have trouble with opposing thumbs, be mystified by shiny objects and played for Geelong 200,000 years ago then voilà: Newman = Neanderthal Wink Razz

Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:00 pm

CarringbushCigar wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
Bob Sugar wrote:
I'm hoping Sam pushes off the fence with the long run up tonight.

Poor Eddie. With friends like Sam last night, Eddie doesn't need more enemies. The paleontological tool that Sam is has NFI.

This is the same Sam that thought it was funny to get a mannequin & assault it as he did with the picture of Wilson on it. Of course Sam said it was all a joke, nothing in it.

WTF ?? Sam, whom I often disagree with, pointed out very well the gross hypocrisy between radio 3AW , Caros mob, and MMM, Caro let the AW team say the same thing, did nothing, not a whimper, then after five day, five bloody days, unleashes feinged outrage against eddie. Gimme a break, Sam caught her out good n proper, for the pontificating scandal bullshit artist she truly is. Surprised Exclamation

Sam was barely human last night for continuing the attack on Caroline Wilson.

Eddie and all involved, should be and ARE sorry for the threatening language that was used.

Sam and some of these posts are just a part of the evidence of why we need to stop accepting that that behaviour is ok.

BANG goes the hammer as it hits the nails head!

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:18 pm

Member 7167 wrote:
A question for those PC individuals. Here is a media person that has been and was at the time promoting a particulate charity. Over the last two years this individual has has significant influence on the success of this charity and has given it publicity valued in the hundreds of thousands of dollars. As a result the financial success of this charity has exceed all expectations.

During on air discussions he made what is now perceived as a controversial comment. This comment was heard live by many people but from my understating no complaints were lodged with the broadcasting authority of the radio station.

We all know what has occurred over the last week. Do you think it fair that Eddie has been marginalised and bullied over the last week due to his comments? Do you think that Caroline Wilson has been honest in her dealings with this matter?

Not sure if i'm counted as part of the PC brigade, but assuming I am:

No, I don't think its fair the way Ed, has been beaten up and marginalised,nor am I sure of Wilson's intentions...lets face it, her and Eddie have beef.

Quite frankly its turned into a big circus which is more unseemly that actual incident.

I will say that he shoulda known better, and done better, given his very high position in Australian society, at least, in my world as a Pies man. He is Pres of the biggest club in Australia, he is not old mate from down the pub.

I feel this whole affair could of been a great opportunity to maturely discuss, as a nation, the way that disrespect to women can lead to violence against women, not all the time, not even some of the time, statistically speaking, but that, in the words of a man I am not voting for "Not all disrespectful language towards women leads to violence, but all violence to women starts with disrespectful language to women".

I believe that; clearly I am in the minority within the Nicks community, but I believe that, and quite frankly any study into the causes of DV say the same thing.

That's my view, that's my stance

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:25 pm

So your saying women should be treated differently?

I saw it as a joke about another journo he jousts with

U can't pick and choose, it's wrong

So maybe don't joke about anybody! Wot a $£$%^%%$ fun park that will be

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:36 pm

^^

I don't disagree with what you say CC but where I differ is that I differentiate between disrespectful language toward woman and disrespectful language toward a person who happens to be a woman, that is not based on gender.

There's no doubt that making disrespectful jokes about any group of people, whether based on gender, race or religion, leads to disrespect generally which can have flow on effects.

The comments made were based on disrespect for the person, not the gender and that IMHO is where the whole thing has gone haywire. If this is the precedent, any disrespectful remark about an individual could be considered/construed as racism/sexism or some other ism if that person isn't a white Australian Christian male.

Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:40 pm

think positive wrote:
So your saying women should be treated differently?

I saw it as a joke about another journo he jousts with

U can't pick and choose, it's wrong

So maybe don't joke about anybody! Wot a $£$%^%%$ fun park that will be

Thought we'd agree to disagree on this one TP; pretty sure whats stated in my prev post does not differ from prev discussions with you on this?

Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:45 pm

stui magpie wrote:
^^

I don't disagree with what you say CC but where I differ is that I differentiate between disrespectful language toward woman and disrespectful language toward a person who happens to be a woman, that is not based on gender.

There's no doubt that making disrespectful jokes about any group of people, whether based on gender, race or religion, leads to disrespect generally which can have flow on effects.

The comments made were based on disrespect for the person, not the gender and that IMHO is where the whole thing has gone haywire. If this is the precedent, any disrespectful remark about an individual could be considered/construed as racism/sexism or some other ism if that person isn't a white Australian Christian male.

I agree to an certain extend, but I'm sure you would concede the bolded is at best a pretty tenuous distinction?

Let me be clear, I feel far less strongly abouts Eds comments than the reaction to it, which shocks me to a certain degree.

And it is a 2-way street, no doubt...guess its just the level of polarisation that surprises me, I see it pretty clear cut, its not like the position of Buckley, which could be fairly argued either way

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:45 pm

It seems that female journo's with a Wilson surname are just plain old gaping snips.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 65, 66, 67 ... 180, 181, 182  Next
Page 66 of 182   

Jump to: