Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The Hydra ~ Caro rears her head again

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 180, 181, 182  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Carders Leo

No Didak, No Collingwood!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2003 2:14 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

She is the quite possibly the worst football journalist going around. Shes knows nothing about football. All the eddie bashers i think should listen to what sam said on the footy show when justing leppitsch had bagged him during the week.
Try being quiz show/footy show host, footy club president, channel 9 commentator and see how long u last and how much of the responsibility u can hack. He manages himself fantastically, and just because he shows some passion in his footy commentating, thats what the game is all about.

Its easy for Caroline Wilson to sit back write her little articles and talk on 3AW every now and then, but she is nothing, she knows nothing of the pressures of football. All she does is write negatively, i dont think ive ever seen an article of hers that actually supports AFL Football.

And if u are going to protest Eddie calling pies matches, Why does dermot Brereton and Garry Lyon commentate hawthorn and melbourne games? People jus pick on Eddie coz he is such a public person. These two men are in the same situation( i have nothing against them) although if you are going to crucify Eddie for conflict of interest, why not dermot and gary, they were former players.

i_luv_tarkyn! Scorpio

Dream Big!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2003 2:44 pm

yeah i heard her too! Mad

how can she talk anyway, has she EVER written a bad word about richmond....NOOOOOO!
she has always hated collingwood and this is just another way she can bag them.

GO EDDIE... YOUR A CHAMP!

luv jess

PeterWH Scorpio

www.peakhillfm.com.au

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2003 3:09 pm

Unfortunately there are a hell of a lot of people that are here in Sydney that feel the same way.....pity that they dont put their money where their mouth is.
There are a few web sites and in particular the nine msn chat/forum site that gets alot of flack over E.Mc.but I believe people havent got the 'balls' to stand up and put their money where their mouth is.
Who is this Caroline Wilson any way.
We have got Alan Jones and John Laws,but no Caroline Wilson.

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2003 3:13 pm

PeterWH wrote:

Who is this Caroline Wilson any way.
We have got Alan Jones and John Laws,but no Caroline Wilson.

She works for The Age, and is on Channel 7's 'Talking Footy'. She loves Ritchmond and critcises everything else.
joffa_the_man_in_gold 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2003 10:05 pm

She's a bloody mole!!!

Joffa Corfe

email.. joffa@magpies.net
CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2003 10:08 pm

lol yeh a mole alrite! why do ppl even LISTEN to what she has to say? she has no credibility, so why bother!
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2003 10:15 pm

I heard Sam Newman having a go at her on triple M. Funny stuff and as he pointed out she contradicted herself in the whole article.

Main point was here is an employee of Channel 7 who lost the football rights getting stuck into Eddie who is a channel 9 employee who is one of the channels that brought the rights to football.

Her credibility in the football world is zip and if you ever are bored and watch talking footy, when she has no clue what Bruce and Timmy are talking about she changes the subject.

My worst nightmare is being on the couch with Caro.

Last edited by Culprit on Mon Apr 21, 2003 10:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2003 10:59 pm

Caroline Wilson is jealous because she is stuck at channel 7 and channel 9 probably did't offer her a job.

My query is whether her problem relates to Eddies supposed conflict of interest of his supposed biased commentary.

If its a conflict of interest issue then she should look at Ian Collins who is President of Carlton and runs Testa Dome (Colonial) or Brereton who is a board member at Hawthorn and commentates.

Alternatively if her annoyance is at biased commentary she should listen to 5AA with Cornes' and his gang. You barely here the opposition team mentioned.

For what its worth i watched the Coll v Brisbane game and didnt think his commentary was biased. Any slight hint of biased was squashed by Lyon, Brereton and Commetti who put the commentary heavily in Brisbanes favour if anything.

jlc

CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2003 11:39 pm

i reckon that she wants to do ROBERT WALLS, notice how shes always staring at him, like shes really interested, wen all hes talking is shit.
AnthonyC Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2003 11:39 pm

Yeah, I heard her as well. She had just as many callers for and against her (Go Pies) I felt. I have not read the article, but from what I remember her saying is she didn't say Ed was barracking but was possibly suggesting it, i.e. being biased. She actually said that Eddie is a "great caller". Anyway not to bag Caroline Wilson, the point I believe is that people are looking for biasness in the call by Ed. The mind plays incredible tricks when you are actually expecting something to happen (anyone who has taken part in a double blind test in audio can testify to that). Sure Ed may get excited when calling a passage of play by the Pies (why wouldn't anyone!) but he gets fairly worked up about other teams also. People think he's barracking because they expect it to happen, besides the main question should be has the commentary suffered from it?. We'll never know.
annewilo 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2003 11:52 pm

I actually went to school with Caro at Meton Hall and although she does annoy me with the things she says, at least she is doing her job well if we are all talking about her and her comments. I think the biggest problem Caro has is that she is a woman in a mans world of commentary. I have always wanted to be a journalist,(when I was a youngin) but I think if you are being taken seriously in a mans world as this, then good on her. I still though dont agree with her comments re Eddy. But is all publicity and to be honest, the players, boards and clubs dont take it too seriously. As long as they get their name in print.

Good to see another Flirtin Hall girl succeeding.

Anne Williams
Go London supporters

paulie 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2003 11:53 pm

Carro should stick to what she is good at which is looking beutiful if only I wasn't married.I would be all over her in a second hubba hubba!!!!! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
annewilo 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 12:12 am

Now you see what I mean, women still have it tough to be taken seriously. And having seen Caro in her Jim Jams at school camp, I cant say that she was attractive and gorgeous, in fact plain Jane is the term that comes to mind. But honestly, why is it about what a woman looks like and not a man. I dont happen to think Eddy is an oil painting but this doesnt affect is journalist style, maybe enhances, because you dont need to concerntrate on his looks.

This is the 21st centuary, can we all step out of the dark ages soon please.

joffa_the_man_in_gold 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 12:44 am

paulie wrote:
Carro should stick to what she is good at which is looking beutiful if only I wasn't married.I would be all over her in a second hubba hubba!!!!! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Mate if i woke up next to that ...

oh i better not say it.

Ive seen better backsides on alsations.

Joffa Corfe

email.. joffa@magpies.net
TRELOS 

TRELOS

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 12:54 am

paulie wrote:

i dont exactly think she's beatiful....i look at her as more of an ugly person
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 180, 181, 182  Next
Page 4 of 182   

Jump to: