Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The Hydra ~ Caro rears her head again

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 74, 75, 76 ... 180, 181, 182  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:17 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Very very hard to suspend ideas and advise.... Caro you nub.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:25 pm
Post subject: Re: Caro predictsReply with quote

watt price tully wrote:
Harrysz wrote:
On "Footy Classified" Caroline Wilson said that she would be "staggered" if Graeme Allan wasn't suspended for at least 3 months, and probably 6 months for the Whitfield drama.

She always looks for mud and it especially delights her if it's Collingwood.

Don't you think what Gubby did was Grubby? I can't see how or why he should get away with hiding a player from drug testing. What Wilson says is very light in my opinion.

Potential version of events.

Kid comes to him, says he's taken some coke and is shit frightened it may have been laced with PED's. Doesn't want to go home in case the random drug testers show up. No idea if they have him on their list, if they will show up or not, kids having a panic attack over a 1 in 1000 chance.

So you say to him he can stay for a day or two and proceed to use that time to lecture him til his ears bleed about staying away from drugs.

Did you hide him from drug testers? Only potentially. They never showed up at his door looking for him, so you never really hid him. Just in his mind did you make him safe.

Gubby would have known damn well that if the testers did show up at the kids house looking for him and no one was home, the club would have heard about it and got a please explain damn quick. They didn't, he took a risk and maybe put a kid on a better track.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:53 pm

stui magpie wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
Harrysz wrote:
On "Footy Classified" Caroline Wilson said that she would be "staggered" if Graeme Allan wasn't suspended for at least 3 months, and probably 6 months for the Whitfield drama.

Don't you think what Gubby did was Grubby? I can't see how or why he should get away with hiding a player from drug testing. What Wilson says is very light in my opinion.

Kid comes to him, says he's taken some coke and is shit frightened it may have been laced with PED's. Doesn't want to go home in case the random drug testers show up. No idea if they have him on their list, if they will show up or not, kids having a panic attack over a 1 in 1000 chance.

So you say to him he can stay for a day or two and proceed to use that time to lecture him til his ears bleed about staying away from drugs.

Did you hide him from drug testers? Only potentially. They never showed up at his door looking for him, so you never really hid him. Just in his mind did you make him safe.

Gubby would have known damn well that if the testers did show up at the kids house looking for him and no one was home, the club would have heard about it and got a please explain damn quick. They didn't, he took a risk and maybe put a kid on a better track.

I like that version Smile

Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:18 pm

If the testers did show up I would have thought it would have been a pretty quick exchange of calls or msgs to get him tested. This is the 21st Century.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:36 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
OK, like the dark <snip> from Richmond too, the one who utterly loathes the Collingwood FC and anything to do with us. Rolling Eyes

Mate if you want to hold the lid to her coffin open, i'll happily drive a stake through her black & yellow heart. Laughing Stoopid Bride of Dracula.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:42 pm

Member 7167 wrote:
I wonder if Gubby was not associated with the Pies but had joined another club if this would have received the same level of airtime. One thing for sure Caro would not have made it part of her personal crusade.

Or the same level of support from posters here

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:45 am

Oops:

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/graeme-allan-allegedly-ordered-gws-staffer-to-delete-email-from-lachie-whitfields-girlfriend-20160928-grqoo3.html

Allegedly & as Lazza correctly pointed out he still is innocent until found guilty but this is not a good look. Is he related to Madam Secretary?

E 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:56 am

Lazza wrote:
droversdog65 wrote:
think positive wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
think positive wrote:
Maybe we should call Him Grubby instead

OK, like the dark <snip> from Richmond too, the one who utterly loathes the Collingwood FC and anything to do with us. Rolling Eyes

my point is only that i wish for once we could have something happen with no murky bits around the edge

TP I've been following the Pies since dad started taking me to dear old Vic Park in 1964 and I can assure you that will never happen because the AFL and the media will never give us an even break.

We talk so much about culture in clubs but there has been an overriding culture in the VFL/AFL as long as I have been surpporting the Pies and that is quite simply 'stick it to the Pies at every possible opportunity'.

The media hacks do the same, whilst both the AFL and media use us as cash cows to prop up their bottom lines.

Zoning rules have been changed to disadvantage the club, playing rules likewise and quite recently. Whenever Collingwood start to dominate they start moving the goal posts and that is never going to change.

Every crappy 4th hand rumour, every bitter little malcontent, every half researched factoid are all grist to the hate Collingwood mill.

So it has always been, so it will always be.

OMG!! OMG!! This is absolutely spot on. Shocked

I so wish the younger magpie posters here can read this and understand the VFL/AFL and hack media hatred for us...... Rolling Eyes

You can call it believing in conspiracies, the tooth fairy or all that utter bloody crap but personal experience is to be owned and expressed, not suppressed and forgotten about.
Give me a dollar for every anti Collingwood media comment that I have read/heard/seen since 1970 and it will just be like winning tattslotto for me.
That is why to this day, I despise the hack media that make up about 90%. I simply tolerate the rest - just or ignore the bastards............... Evil or Very Mad Mad

even at the basest of levels. the Mick Gayfer rule, the Steve McKee rule, the use of interchange are simply three examples where they changed the rules simply to stop something that was proving successful for the pies.

Meanwhile, its taken more than 10 years to address the Duckwood Rule and it still isn't being enforced against Duckwood himself. in that case, the league was told that players had to learn to tackle better.

inxs88 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:30 am

This from a journo who is:

* too scared to have a twitter account

* turns up at the Carbine Club with her father during the week even though 12 months ago she played the "women card" about them having "NO" female members in an Age feature article

* failed to apologise to Dane Swan re the "Pies are going to trade you end of 2013" crap

Caro reminds me of that annoying librarian who sneaks up behind you and tells you that "you've been a naughty naughty boy"

Caro keep smoking your 40 Winny Blues a day and stop thinking you are the moral compass.

Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:34 am

She does have a valid point though, how has this not been dealt with already. I wish she'd go back to articles about Jobe's brownlow though...

Last edited by Cam on Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:54 am; edited 1 time in total
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:35 am

Oh. I hope that your dreams come true.
makri Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:20 am

stui magpie wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
Harrysz wrote:

If this is what happened without the alleged deleting of text messages and emails than it would probably be OK, but if what is being reported is even remotely true than I reckon Mr Allen could be in trouble. The problem we have here is that ASADA don't need to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that an offence has been committed, they just need to prove that it was probable that an offence was committed.

Caro is probably right is saying he'll cop six months. Will probably be offered a deal ala Cronulla Sharks. But if he chooses to push back and fight like Essendon expect ASADA and ultimately WADA to push for the max. Once these guys paint an 'X' on your back you're generally screwed as it's up to you to prove your innocence rather than them proving your guilt.

And don't expect lawyers to get involved should he be suspended, Australian courts are loathed to overturn these types of decisions, as we saw with Essnedon and Jimbo Hird's two trips to the federal court. Even Formula one couldn't get around a CAS ruling and was forced to settle with a disgruntled driver before they were allowed to race in Australia a couple of years ago.

Maybe I'm jumping he gun and hopefully we wake up in a couple weeks with a 'no case to answer', I just have a feeling we won't be that fortunate.

Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:57 am

inxs88 wrote:
This from a journo who is:

* too scared to have a twitter account

* turns up at the Carbine Club with her father during the week even though 12 months ago she played the "women card" about them having "NO" female members in an Age feature article

* failed to apologise to Dane Swan re the "Pies are going to trade you end of 2013" crap

Caro reminds me of that annoying librarian who sneaks up behind you and tells you that "you've been a naughty naughty boy"

Caro keep smoking your 40 Winny Blues a day and stop thinking you are the moral compass.

So you wouldn't go there?

CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:47 am

I don't know anything but here is another possible scenario.

Lachie has a big night with a couple of ladies and his GF finds out.
She grills him or finds out they were doing some coke, Wolf of Wall Street style.

She is wild and emails the club after telling Lachie he is cooked because she is going to contact ASADA.
Lachie is freaking out so contacts Lambert and Gubby for help.

Gubby realises the kid is under stress from the gf and for Lachie's mental health he should go to Lambert's house for some chill time, primarily to get rid of his stress and keep him away from the gf attacks.

Everyone knows the chances of PED's in coke or E's is not high.

I've deleted most of my texts and emails from girls making trouble under the pretence of helping out.

Now to be known as the Whitfield defence.
E 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:28 am

CarringbushCigar wrote:
I don't know anything but here is another possible scenario.

Lachie has a big night with a couple of ladies and his GF finds out.
She grills him or finds out they were doing some coke, Wolf of Wall Street style.

She is wild and emails the club after telling Lachie he is cooked because she is going to contact ASADA.
Lachie is freaking out so contacts Lambert and Gubby for help.

Gubby realises the kid is under stress from the gf and for Lachie's mental health he should go to Lambert's house for some chill time, primarily to get rid of his stress and keep him away from the gf attacks.

Everyone knows the chances of PED's in coke or E's is not high.

I've deleted most of my texts and emails from girls making trouble under the pretence of helping out.

Now to be known as the Whitfield defence.

don't bring me into this!!!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 74, 75, 76 ... 180, 181, 182  Next
Page 75 of 182   

Jump to: