Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The Hydra ~ Caro rears her head again

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 72, 73, 74 ... 180, 181, 182  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
didick 

didick

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:14 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I think they deliberately made a decision to delay their response. It's put the issue and their do-gooding back on the top few stories on the abc news website again.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:25 pm

FrankieGoesToCollingwood wrote:
bogan uprising thwarted Laughing

Can I still be a Bogan if I drive a Ford?

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:55 pm

didick wrote:
I think they deliberately made a decision to delay their response. It's put the issue and their do-gooding back on the top few stories on the abc news website again.

Is that the ABC of News Limited?

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/subscribe/news/1/index.html?sourceCode=HSWEB_WRE170_a&mode=premium&dest=http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/collingwood/holden-completes-review-of-collingwood-sponsorship-in-wake-of-eddie-mcguire-drowning-outrage/news-story/73d2e56b769031a04ad088c7f098cbce&memtype=anonymous

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 4:53 pm

The whole issue blew up again last night on the Q and A show, where Steve Price, whom I basically loathe, came out swinging in defence of eddie, and ended up in one hell of a row with a fellow pannelist over eddie. It was very unedifying to watch, all hell broke loose, and heres me thinking he whole issue was done and dusted. sigh.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 5:14 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
The whole issue blew up again last night on the Q and A show, where Steve Price, whom I basically loathe, came out swinging in defence of eddie, and ended up in one hell of a row with a fellow pannelist over eddie. It was very unedifying to watch, all hell broke loose, and heres me thinking he whole issue was done and dusted. sigh.

With friends like Steve Price who needs enemies. Just to repeat for the sake of the Q & A audience member who's sister is a victim of family violence, there was no connection whatsoever to the friendly banter made by Eddie and family violence. Being dunked into an ice bath for charity is different to being drowned into an ice bath and the comment about holding her head down wasn't even attributable to Eddie. But once politicians get involved and blow it up out of all proportion to the actual incident, it gets twisted into something else. These are the same politicians who on both sides of parliament have been advocated for electronic voting to speed up election results, yet the electoral commission says, all the politicians have to do is legislate for electronic voting and we would have electronic voting. Steve Price's comments towards the feminist on the Q & A panel who supports victims of family violence, was paternalistic and vulgar, but he gets away with it, and Eddie gets crucified for making a joke. Go figure.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:08 pm

With friends like Steve Price and Sam Newman, Eddie doesn't need any enemies. Rolling Eyes
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:34 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
With friends like Steve Price and Sam Newman, Eddie doesn't need any enemies. Rolling Eyes

To quote Rudeboy: correct weight.

I think he must have rocks in his head to come out with this rubbish (even if it is true):

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-07-17/eddie-mcguire-adam-goodes-comments-came-while-on-painkillers/7636488

& for those that stupidly think it is an ABC issue only:

http://www.news.com.au/sport/sports-life/eddie-mcguire-opens-up-on-regrettable-moments-in-his-career/news-story/f62b4c744e45f99f3c5aa9fd4425e441

Methinks the end is nigh for Eddie. I really don't want him to go out like this & he doesn't deserve to. Perhaps one gaffe too many.

Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:45 pm

watt price tully wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

To quote Rudeboy: correct weight.

I think he must have rocks in his head to come out with this rubbish (even if it is true):

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-07-17/eddie-mcguire-adam-goodes-comments-came-while-on-painkillers/7636488

& for those that stupidly think it is an ABC issue only:

http://www.news.com.au/sport/sports-life/eddie-mcguire-opens-up-on-regrettable-moments-in-his-career/news-story/f62b4c744e45f99f3c5aa9fd4425e441

Methinks the end is nigh for Eddie. I really don't want him to go out like this & he doesn't deserve to. Perhaps one gaffe too many.

Yeah, whats that all about?

Heard the story this morning, seems an odd thing to be raising at this stage of the game....

Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
Harrysz 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:49 am
Post subject: Caro predictsReply with quote

On "Footy Classified" Caroline Wilson said that she would be "staggered" if Graeme Allan wasn't suspended for at least 3 months, and probably 6 months for the Whitfield drama.

She always looks for mud and it especially delights her if it's Collingwood.
WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:55 am

That's fine, Gubby can have the pre-season off. Even if it's 6 months he'd be back in April but they'll drag this out like they did with the essendope saga and make sure to punish him at a time it will impact on us the most.
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:59 am

Well possibly the most important time is now for him to get things in place, suspension in February wouldn't be as crucial as October.
mattys123 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:02 am

At worst he will get a suspended sentence, at absolute worse.

She's guessing, she admitted it a few weeks back, that she is just guessing at the length, or type of suspension he will get.

If he get suspended, so does plenty of others at GWS, including Lambert (now at the Lions?) and Whitfield, the player involved.

In the end not much will come from this, they "dodged" a drug test that actually was never going to take place.

Basically with Caro my rule is, if she says something about Collingwood, think the opposite.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:26 am

Collingwood give him the best possible defence resources in the land against the bloody AFL wankers. Evil or Very Mad
He will get a suspended sentence because he hasn't (to my knowledge) got a long history of misdemeanours except for getting into a punch up with some Essenscum feral at the 1990 Grand Final win. Rolling Eyes

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:48 am
Post subject: Re: Caro predictsReply with quote

Harrysz wrote:
On "Footy Classified" Caroline Wilson said that she would be "staggered" if Graeme Allan wasn't suspended for at least 3 months, and probably 6 months for the Whitfield drama.

She always looks for mud and it especially delights her if it's Collingwood.

Don't you think what Gubby did was Grubby? I can't see how or why he should get away with hiding a player from drug testing. What Wilson says is very light in my opinion.

Lazza 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:51 am
Post subject: Re: Caro predictsReply with quote

So when did Australia change their system to someone being being found guilty before any official Hearing results? Trial by media rules does it? Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 72, 73, 74 ... 180, 181, 182  Next
Page 73 of 182   

Jump to: