Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The Hydra ~ Caro rears her head again

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 69, 70, 71 ... 180, 181, 182  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:52 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

CarringbushCigar wrote:
Member 7167 wrote:
The Prototype wrote:
Most people seemed to have more issues with the holding her head under and drowning her, while only a very few made any reference to the black widow. But even so, I think Tony Shaw suggesting her head be held under should have sparked the same reaction.

Though I do believe the black widow remark was wrong, in any context even if it was a joke. There was no real need for it.

Yes, they should have received the same reaction. Caro should have laughed off all of the comments. She can certainly hand it out but is more than happy to twist any potentially adverse comment to her political advantage. Hypocritical and opportunistic at best.

Unbelievable some of you are still not accepting that what Maguire said was totally wrong, as Eddie, the Club and the Prime Minister has told you.
Doubly unbelievable is that you are blaming Caroline, the victim, for 'not laughing it off'.

Maguire vs Shaw comments argument is totally flawed, Shaw was (accurately) referring what others might like to do whilst Ed was putting up $50k and whipping up his mates for someone to hold her under. Jesus to put them in the same ball park is utterly idiotic.

Caroline did nothing about the comments, though she had heard them, UNTIL it was becoming a national issue.
What is she supposed to do when asked about it?
Not be honest about how it made her feel. Gimme a spell.

If Maguire did this to any of your family loved-ones, how would you feel?

It's not a hanging offence but to equate Shaw or blame Caroline is pathetic.

The Prime Minister, Holden and Triple M etc all have skin in the game. Unless they say something they will be condemned by the PC brigade and the mindless sheep who are all offended because someone told them they should be. You certainly do not want to give these spineless individuals more reason to be offended and give them an excuse to disparage someone else. None of these people / companies want to lose sales, listeners or voters so that do and say things so that they do not alienate anybody.

Do you really think this is the personal viewpoint of Malcolm Turner or the Holden executive who decided to do some damage control. Are you really that naive or are you simply using this situation to further taint Eddie and reinforce your negative views on Eddie and just about everything else associated with the club. That is certainly what Caro has done. All she needed to say is that it was meant in a light-hearted manner and was interpreted as such. She may have used the situation to promote more donations for a deserving charity.

If this was said about one of my family members in the manner it was said and meant by Eddie and you suggested to their face that they should be offended they would simply laugh at you and your precious and over sensitive attitude.

The character of Australians, the innate things that made this country unique, strong and independent are very much at odds to the vanilla / metro-sexual and PC world that a minority of Australians would like to create and shame us into being.

For me, not now, not ever.

CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:54 pm

schuey07 wrote:
CarringbushCigar wrote:
Member 7167 wrote:
The Prototype wrote:
Most people seemed to have more issues with the holding her head under and drowning her, while only a very few made any reference to the black widow. But even so, I think Tony Shaw suggesting her head be held under should have sparked the same reaction.

Though I do believe the black widow remark was wrong, in any context even if it was a joke. There was no real need for it.

Yes, they should have received the same reaction. Caro should have laughed off all of the comments. She can certainly hand it out but is more than happy to twist any potentially adverse comment to her political advantage. Hypocritical and opportunistic at best.

Unbelievable some of you are still not accepting that what Maguire said was totally wrong, as Eddie, the Club and the Prime Minister has told you.
Doubly unbelievable is that you are blaming Caroline, the victim, for 'not laughing it off'.

Maguire vs Shaw comments argument is totally flawed, Shaw was (accurately) referring what others might like to do whilst Ed was putting up $50k and whipping up his mates for someone to hold her under. Jesus to put them in the same ball park is utterly idiotic.

Caroline did nothing about the comments, though she had heard them, UNTIL it was becoming a national issue.

Oh no the Prime Minister has told us, we should all be good little school children and listen then. Just another opportunistic flog looking for votes.

The Collingwood FC board via the CEO virtually begged you to stop defending Maguire and to accept the club and Eddies view that what he said was unacceptable.

But go on keep defending bully-boy (at best), hit-man language.
50k to hold her under from one of our national leaders. It's disgusting.
How would you feel if someone said that about your mother, son .. someone you cared about ??

As for Cam .. you've been really shining a light on here lately and we all know your empathy levels to others.

How's ya good mate Roughy ?
At least Maguire eventually apologised and had a time-out period.
CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:02 pm

Member 7167 wrote:

Do you really think this is the personal viewpoint of Malcolm Turner or the Holden executive who decided to do some damage control. Are you really that naive or are you simply using this situation to further taint Eddie and reinforce your negative views on Eddie and just about everything else associated with the club. That is certainly what Caro has done. All she needed to say is that it was meant in a light-hearted manner and was interpreted as such. She may have used the situation to promote more donations for a deserving charity.

If this was said about one of my family members in the manner it was said and meant by Eddie and you suggested to their face that they should be offended they would simply laugh at you and your precious and over sensitive attitude.

The character of Australians, the innate things that made this country unique, strong and independent are very much at odds to the vanilla / metro-sexual and PC world that a minority of Australians would like to create and shame us into being.

For me, not now, not ever.

Hey Nicksters I got 10K to take out Nicksterxxxx.
Make it 20k if he really suffers.
How unique, strong and un-vanilla is that ?
It's not Australian - it's beyond 3rd world or Mafia talk.

I don't have a negative view on Eddie - i was on prime time defending him last week.
I think he is genuinely sorry and will learn.
I don't have much hope for many of u lot though.

Last edited by CarringbushCigar on Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:07 pm; edited 2 times in total
Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:02 pm

CarringbushCigar wrote:
schuey07 wrote:
CarringbushCigar wrote:
Member 7167 wrote:
The Prototype wrote:

Oh no the Prime Minister has told us, we should all be good little school children and listen then. Just another opportunistic flog looking for votes.

The Collingwood FC board via the CEO virtually begged you to stop defending Maguire and to accept the club and Eddies view that what he said was unacceptable.

How would you feel if someone said that about your mother, son .. someone you cared about ??

As for Cam .. you've been really shining a light on here lately and we all know your empathy levels to others.

I am sure Pert would rather see us supporting them as opposed to condemning them. What they want is for everyone to shut up and kill off the controversy.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:11 pm

People and their high-horses... 33 pages, really... 1st world problems...
CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:11 pm

Member 7167 wrote:

I am sure Pert would rather see us supporting them as opposed to condemning them. What they want is for everyone to shut up and kill off the controversy.

Supporting who?
No one here is condemning Maguire - get over it.
What we are doing is pointing out how blatantly wrong this language is.
How jokes like this do contribute to acceptance of violence and that challenging this language will result in less victims of violence.
5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:03 pm

jackcass wrote:

Maintaining freedom of speech is a first world issue and for good reason.
mandy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:10 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
I could not make head nor tail what the hell Caro was on about on footy classifieds last night, kept whingeing about something to do with what Leigh Matthews said about it all. She just a pain in the arse now, she just cannot more on.

I'll break it down for you:

Eddie Maguire (who she doesn't like) can't say that.
Tony Shaw (who she does like) can say that.

Sam Newman (who she doesn't like) can say whatever he likes because she has no respect for him.
Leigh Matthews (who she does like) can't say whatever he likes because she does respect him.

She really doesn't make it easy on herself.

#SIDEBYSIDE
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:40 pm

CarringbushCigar wrote:

I am by far nor a Caro fan, but I do believe Eddie was wrong in how he went about the comments if he wanted to get Caro to do the big freeze slide he should have just challenged her by saying "I challenge you to do, if you did it, and could sit the very cold water for a bit longer while they dumped in more ice we'd aim to raise 50k more." which was the idea, but the context he used was way off base in this day and age.

I believe there was half an insult and half a joke there, but once you tossed in the black widow stuff there was more offense to be taken. But what I was saying regarding Shaw was, people have taken offense about the holding her head under bit, that bit has been done to death no mention of the black widow thing, just the "drowning"

Tony Shaw and 3AW mentioned that same bit, but no one jumped up and down about it. That was all I was pointing out, not blaming Caro, not defending Eddie, not even in the slightest I believe his words were wrong if he wanted to throw out a challenge he could have done it with what I said above.

If others wanted to chip in more money to dump water on her head, say that, don't use terms like "drown" or "hold her head under" people are going to take it the wrong way, and you are going to get into trouble.

Caro is allowed to be offended and saddened that someone that's meant to be close and all makes such a remark, it comes as a shock and personal. Hopefully both will do the Big Freeze together and raise a lot of money, and maybe work together on a better way to speak in the public domain.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:07 pm

5 from the wing on debut wrote:
jackcass wrote:

Maintaining freedom of speech is a first world issue and for good reason.

1st world turns off pretty quick, doubt 33 pages is what's needed. Where's the Abbottesque sloganisms?
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:55 pm

watt price tully wrote:
^ You can say that again Razz Wink

Mind you, a pollie being opportunistic before an election? Shocked Shocked, I'm speechless.

Next, they'll start kissing babies Wink

Exactly.

Shorten declining to go on Eddies radio show is a case in point. Cool

The Pretender 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:25 pm

watt price tully wrote:
The Pretender wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
scoobydoo wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
Cam wrote:
Yeah but what about the "Oh boys" incident on 3AW? They said the same thing and that was her response. Not big enough fish?

Audio of a conversation between Dwayne Russell, Tony Shaw and Caroline Wilson has since emerged which aired during 3AW's Queens Birthday Footy broadcast.

Dwayne Russell: Wed have to sell tickets for those who want to push you, Caro, I reckon.

Caroline Wilson: Thats very funny Dwayne. Hysterical.

Tony Shaw: And hold her under Dwayne.

Caroline Wilson: Oh, boys.

Where is the black widow comment & ones she gets you in comment....

It's not exactly the same & it was part of what turned out to be a nasty piece
by the boys.

The tone let alone the words make it different...

Anyway we can have different views on it: Mine & wrong ones Razz Wink

We'll keep going in circles about this.

He was just pointing out to Barrett that if he thinks she's he's friend he's
Gonna get a shock. Stop making up crap regarding "the tone" of the conversation

Hold the weddin' partner.
Lighten up Lucille.
Jesus, Mary & Joseph as my good work colleague Lea often says.

With all due respect there is more than your way to see this.

Indeed it was the tone that made it qualitatively different for Wilson by her own words. You have your opinion & I have my mine. Your explanation for the words regarding Barrett to me is irrelevant - the issue was Eddie's & the others banter & response which includes tone. I could say stop your crap by missing the obvious but that will get us no where.

Even Donald Trump has an opinion but does that make him right?

Like I said there many takes on this: mine and..... Wink

Lighten up???

According to your logic, what was said depends on " tone ".

So any declaration of drowning is totally forgivable, since Tony Shaw did it in the right " tone ".
So we can put that to one side... since, as you point out, the actual words aren't relevant.

So now you are left with, the fact that you didn't like Eddie's " tone ".
You clearly have no problem with the actual words, since you're happy to forgive it when others say it.

We're left with " tone " ( which is vague anyway ) which apparently tells you that Eddie doesn't like Caro, but Tony Shaw works with her so he must like her.

Yet you want to crucify Eddie? Not for words... for " tone ".
And yes Caro decided ( after someone else pointed it out... how odd? ) that suddenly she didn't like the " tone ".

If everyone " lightened up ", this wouldn't be an issue in the first place, since you can rightly object to the " tone " of absolutely anything.

Bottomline, this has absolutely zero to do with violence against women, and everything to do with leveraging a serious issue to take the opportunity to have a shot at Eddie.

Yes, you and Donald Trump can have your opinions,
but you can't have your own facts.

This is getting tedious.

I can understand how you made that misinterpretation. I would have thought the drowning aspect & the black widow comment which I've pointed out before go without saying.

Trying to pick one line & use this as a sole means to explain my views is being pretty silly. With respect to the issue of difference which was my point about 3AW & MMM comparison that Cam noted, was the word or inference "tone" as Wilson herself noted (not what you noted) or is that an inconvenient fact? I also used the words black widow etc that you've omitted (Did she use the word menacing?)

I did not use that as the sole means of the wider issue that you falsely incorrectly attribute to me & therefore not only miss the point but leads you to make wrong statements: if your premise is incorrect (which it was) then logically your conclusion will also be wrong (which it is)

I have previously used the words black widow in other statements about what was menacing about the bogan boys behaviours on MMM.

I have also stated that there has been in my view a disproportionate reaction saying that the online petition stuff got up my nose.

Now we can agree to disagree as there is more than one way to see this, not just your way. I respect your right to have an opinion even if I believe it is wrong. Although this may change Smile Play the issue & not your opinion of what you consider to be fact or try to attribute falsehoods to me "according to your logic" etc.

Lighten up. Let Saigon's be bygones & like the man with many wives I know that is big of me Wink

I know.. its tedious when youre wrong and people keep explaining it to you.

Lets try one more time for luck!

No, I didnt take one comment out of context. The entire push is around violence against women.
Calling someone a Black Widow is not violent. Drowning is.
Adding one to the other doesn't change that.

Yes I did note her response
( which came much later and was clearly orchestrated )
that doesnt change the situation at all.
Are we now surprised that Eddie doesnt like Caro?
Did this information come as a shock to her?

Bottom line, you try to justify the attack on Eddie, by claiming tone .
Well its either a violent comment, or its not.
Its either supporting violence against women.. or its not.

Youre absolutely entitled to your opinion, Im just pointing out that you cant back it up.
It could also be your opinion that were gong to win the flag this year.
Id just point to the scoreboard, same as I am here.

No one is falsely attributing anything to you, and theres nothing illogical about pointing out the reality.
Im happy you think theres been disproportionate reaction.
The reason you think that is because I suspect you know that all the reaction is unwarranted.
If it actually was supporting violence against women then the reaction isnt disproportionate at all.
So youve painted yourself in to a corner.

Eddie doesnt like Caro.
He used the term Black Widow
Therefore you consider that his joke about drowning is violence towards women, while Tony Shaws isnt.

Impossible to defend that.
Sorry.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:38 pm

mandy wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
I could not make head nor tail what the hell Caro was on about on footy classifieds last night, kept whingeing about something to do with what Leigh Matthews said about it all. She just a pain in the arse now, she just cannot more on.

I'll break it down for you:

Eddie Maguire (who she doesn't like) can't say that.
Tony Shaw (who she does like) can say that.

Sam Newman (who she doesn't like) can say whatever he likes because she has no respect for him.
Leigh Matthews (who she does like) can't say whatever he likes because she does respect him.

She really doesn't make it easy on herself.

If you can slam dunk a 3 pointer, that was this post.

SteveH67 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:55 pm

CarringbushCigar wrote:
schuey07 wrote:
CarringbushCigar wrote:
Member 7167 wrote:
The Prototype wrote:

Can you farkin learn to spell his surname correctly.

It's McGuire <snip>

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:52 am

The Pretender wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
The Pretender wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
scoobydoo wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
Cam wrote:
Yeah but what about the "Oh boys" incident on 3AW? They said the same thing and that was her response. Not big enough fish?

Audio of a conversation between Dwayne Russell, Tony Shaw and Caroline Wilson has since emerged which aired during 3AW's Queens Birthday Footy broadcast.

Dwayne Russell: Wed have to sell tickets for those who want to push you, Caro, I reckon.

Caroline Wilson: Thats very funny Dwayne. Hysterical.

Tony Shaw: And hold her under Dwayne.

Caroline Wilson: Oh, boys.

Where is the black widow comment & ones she gets you in comment....

It's not exactly the same & it was part of what turned out to be a nasty piece
by the boys.

The tone let alone the words make it different...

Anyway we can have different views on it: Mine & wrong ones Razz Wink

We'll keep going in circles about this.

He was just pointing out to Barrett that if he thinks she's he's friend he's
Gonna get a shock. Stop making up crap regarding "the tone" of the conversation

Hold the weddin' partner.
Lighten up Lucille.
Jesus, Mary & Joseph as my good work colleague Lea often says.

With all due respect there is more than your way to see this.

Indeed it was the tone that made it qualitatively different for Wilson by her own words. You have your opinion & I have my mine. Your explanation for the words regarding Barrett to me is irrelevant - the issue was Eddie's & the others banter & response which includes tone. I could say stop your crap by missing the obvious but that will get us no where.

Even Donald Trump has an opinion but does that make him right?

Like I said there many takes on this: mine and..... Wink

Lighten up???

According to your logic, what was said depends on " tone ".

So any declaration of drowning is totally forgivable, since Tony Shaw did it in the right " tone ".
So we can put that to one side... since, as you point out, the actual words aren't relevant.

So now you are left with, the fact that you didn't like Eddie's " tone ".
You clearly have no problem with the actual words, since you're happy to forgive it when others say it.

We're left with " tone " ( which is vague anyway ) which apparently tells you that Eddie doesn't like Caro, but Tony Shaw works with her so he must like her.

Yet you want to crucify Eddie? Not for words... for " tone ".
And yes Caro decided ( after someone else pointed it out... how odd? ) that suddenly she didn't like the " tone ".

If everyone " lightened up ", this wouldn't be an issue in the first place, since you can rightly object to the " tone " of absolutely anything.

Bottomline, this has absolutely zero to do with violence against women, and everything to do with leveraging a serious issue to take the opportunity to have a shot at Eddie.

Yes, you and Donald Trump can have your opinions,
but you can't have your own facts.

This is getting tedious.

I can understand how you made that misinterpretation. I would have thought the drowning aspect & the black widow comment which I've pointed out before go without saying.

Trying to pick one line & use this as a sole means to explain my views is being pretty silly. With respect to the issue of difference which was my point about 3AW & MMM comparison that Cam noted, was the word or inference "tone" as Wilson herself noted (not what you noted) or is that an inconvenient fact? I also used the words black widow etc that you've omitted (Did she use the word menacing?)

I did not use that as the sole means of the wider issue that you falsely incorrectly attribute to me & therefore not only miss the point but leads you to make wrong statements: if your premise is incorrect (which it was) then logically your conclusion will also be wrong (which it is)

I have previously used the words black widow in other statements about what was menacing about the bogan boys behaviours on MMM.

I have also stated that there has been in my view a disproportionate reaction saying that the online petition stuff got up my nose.

Now we can agree to disagree as there is more than one way to see this, not just your way. I respect your right to have an opinion even if I believe it is wrong. Although this may change Smile Play the issue & not your opinion of what you consider to be fact or try to attribute falsehoods to me "according to your logic" etc.

Lighten up. Let Saigon's be bygones & like the man with many wives I know that is big of me Wink

I know.. its tedious when youre wrong and people keep explaining it to you.

Lets try one more time for luck!

No, I didnt take one comment out of context. The entire push is around violence against women.
Calling someone a Black Widow is not violent. Drowning is.
Adding one to the other doesn't change that.

Yes I did note her response
( which came much later and was clearly orchestrated )
that doesnt change the situation at all.
Are we now surprised that Eddie doesnt like Caro?
Did this information come as a shock to her?

Bottom line, you try to justify the attack on Eddie, by claiming tone .
Well its either a violent comment, or its not.
Its either supporting violence against women.. or its not.

Youre absolutely entitled to your opinion, Im just pointing out that you cant back it up.
It could also be your opinion that were gong to win the flag this year.
Id just point to the scoreboard, same as I am here.

No one is falsely attributing anything to you, and theres nothing illogical about pointing out the reality.
Im happy you think theres been disproportionate reaction.
The reason you think that is because I suspect you know that all the reaction is unwarranted.
If it actually was supporting violence against women then the reaction isnt disproportionate at all.
So youve painted yourself in to a corner.

Eddie doesnt like Caro.
He used the term Black Widow
Therefore you consider that his joke about drowning is violence towards women, while Tony Shaws isnt.

Impossible to defend that.
Sorry.

mate, buddy, pal, buster:

You've convinced yourself: congratulations.

The point here is you can only see your point of view & allow no other explanation because you're so right. Indeed hearty congratulations.

There are other ways of seeing & your blind to those. If you'd only stop being so PC: It limits your understanding.

It's like dealing with religious fundamentalists and other concrete thinkers: they too only have one way of seeing.

Now, you're welcome to your opinion even if it fundamentally flawed in my opinion. Your premise is incorrect it logically follows your conclusion must be incorrect. What you try to assert as fact is (sorry to break it to you & as earth shattering as you might find it) but merely an opinion.

If you're trying to get a gotcha moment I'm sorry it didn't work. Now be a good little poster & play the issue not those who so happen to have a contrary if not different point of view on some of the proceedings.

Capishe?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 69, 70, 71 ... 180, 181, 182  Next
Page 70 of 182   

Jump to: