Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The Hydra ~ Caro rears her head again

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 68, 69, 70 ... 180, 181, 182  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:39 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah but what about the "Oh boys" incident on 3AW? They said the same thing and that was her response. Not big enough fish?

Audio of a conversation between Dwayne Russell, Tony Shaw and Caroline Wilson has since emerged which aired during 3AW's Queens Birthday Footy broadcast.

Dwayne Russell: Wed have to sell tickets for those who want to push you, Caro, I reckon.

Caroline Wilson: Thats very funny Dwayne. Hysterical.

Tony Shaw: And hold her under Dwayne.

Caroline Wilson: Oh, boys.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:43 pm

Cam wrote:
Yeah but what about the "Oh boys" incident on 3AW? They said the same thing and that was her response. Not big enough fish?

Audio of a conversation between Dwayne Russell, Tony Shaw and Caroline Wilson has since emerged which aired during 3AW's Queens Birthday Footy broadcast.

Dwayne Russell: Wed have to sell tickets for those who want to push you, Caro, I reckon.

Where is the black widow comment & ones she gets you in comment....

It's not exactly the same & it was part of what turned out to be a nasty piece by the boys.

The tone let alone the words make it different...

Anyway we can have different views on it: Mine & wrong ones Razz Wink

We'll keep going in circles about this.

Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:46 pm

I would have to say that when reviewing this on social media currently the vast majority of comments hold the opinion that this is a complete beat up that was orchestrated by a hypocritical Caro.

Unfortunately it would seem that Eddie is pessed off with the whole process and I am sure he is now asking himself "Why bother?"

If he does drop out sooner rater than later he will leave a massive vacuum not only at Collingwood but in other areas. It is estimated that over the last 10 years he has influenced charity donations to the tune of $300 million.

Eddie might get a bit ahead of himself from time to time but he is a very hard act to follow contrary to the opinions of some Nicksters.

scoobydoo 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:02 pm

watt price tully wrote:
Cam wrote:

It's not exactly the same & it was part of what turned out to be a nasty piece
by the boys.

He was just pointing out to Barrett that if he thinks she's he's friend he's
Gonna get a shock. Stop making up crap regarding "the tone" of the conversation
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:36 pm

scoobydoo wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
Cam wrote:

by the boys.

Hold the weddin' partner.
Lighten up Lucille.
Jesus, Mary & Joseph as my good work colleague Lea often says.

With all due respect there is more than your way to see this.

Indeed it was the tone that made it qualitatively different for Wilson by her own words. You have your opinion & I have my mine. Your explanation for the words regarding Barrett to me is irrelevant - the issue was Eddie's & the others banter & response which includes tone. I could say stop your crap by missing the obvious but that will get us no where.

Even Donald Trump has an opinion but does that make him right?

Like I said there many takes on this: mine and..... Wink

The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:48 pm

Most people seemed to have more issues with the holding her head under and drowning her, while only a very few made any reference to the black widow. But even so, I think Tony Shaw suggesting her head be held under should have sparked the same reaction.

Though I do believe the black widow remark was wrong, in any context even if it was a joke. There was no real need for it.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage

Last edited by The Prototype on Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:48 pm

I could not make head nor tail what the hell Caro was on about on footy classifieds last night, kept whingeing about something to do with what Leigh Matthews said about it all. She just a pain in the arse now, she just cannot more on.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:53 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
I could not make head nor tail what the hell Caro was on about on footy classifieds last night, kept whingeing about something to do with what Leigh Matthews said about it all. She just a pain in the arse now, she just cannot more on.

I got the impression that Leigh was trying to suggest for the most part she got her info from the AFL due to fear, that she is a nice person but as a journo she's ruthless, and vicious. But she is a good writer, she just has a very strong opinion won't back down from it and that people are scared of her writeups.

He didn't exactly say it all, but he was just alluding to that, and Caro was offended that he would suggest she only gets her stories out of fear, but she can take criticism she just doesn't like personal attacks on her, etc.

Basically what I got out of it.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
The Pretender 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:08 am

watt price tully wrote:
scoobydoo wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
Cam wrote:

by the boys.

Lighten up Lucille.

Indeed it was the tone that made it qualitatively different for Wilson by her own words. You have your opinion & I have my mine. Your explanation for the words regarding Barrett to me is irrelevant - the issue was Eddie's & the others banter & response which includes tone. I could say stop your crap by missing the obvious but that will get us no where.

Lighten up???

According to your logic, what was said depends on " tone ".

So any declaration of drowning is totally forgivable, since Tony Shaw did it in the right " tone ".
So we can put that to one side... since, as you point out, the actual words aren't relevant.

So now you are left with, the fact that you didn't like Eddie's " tone ".
You clearly have no problem with the actual words, since you're happy to forgive it when others say it.

We're left with " tone " ( which is vague anyway ) which apparently tells you that Eddie doesn't like Caro, but Tony Shaw works with her so he must like her.

Yet you want to crucify Eddie? Not for words... for " tone ".
And yes Caro decided ( after someone else pointed it out... how odd? ) that suddenly she didn't like the " tone ".

If everyone " lightened up ", this wouldn't be an issue in the first place, since you can rightly object to the " tone " of absolutely anything.

Bottomline, this has absolutely zero to do with violence against women, and everything to do with leveraging a serious issue to take the opportunity to have a shot at Eddie.

Yes, you and Donald Trump can have your opinions,
but you can't have your own facts.
Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:03 am

The Prototype wrote:
Most people seemed to have more issues with the holding her head under and drowning her, while only a very few made any reference to the black widow. But even so, I think Tony Shaw suggesting her head be held under should have sparked the same reaction.

Though I do believe the black widow remark was wrong, in any context even if it was a joke. There was no real need for it.

Yes, they should have received the same reaction. Caro should have laughed off all of the comments. She can certainly hand it out but is more than happy to twist any potentially adverse comment to her political advantage. Hypocritical and opportunistic at best.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:58 am

The Pretender wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
scoobydoo wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
Cam wrote:

by the boys.

Lighten up Lucille.

Lighten up???

According to your logic, what was said depends on " tone ".

So any declaration of drowning is totally forgivable, since Tony Shaw did it in the right " tone ".
So we can put that to one side... since, as you point out, the actual words aren't relevant.

So now you are left with, the fact that you didn't like Eddie's " tone ".
You clearly have no problem with the actual words, since you're happy to forgive it when others say it.

We're left with " tone " ( which is vague anyway ) which apparently tells you that Eddie doesn't like Caro, but Tony Shaw works with her so he must like her.

Yet you want to crucify Eddie? Not for words... for " tone ".
And yes Caro decided ( after someone else pointed it out... how odd? ) that suddenly she didn't like the " tone ".

If everyone " lightened up ", this wouldn't be an issue in the first place, since you can rightly object to the " tone " of absolutely anything.

Bottomline, this has absolutely zero to do with violence against women, and everything to do with leveraging a serious issue to take the opportunity to have a shot at Eddie.

Yes, you and Donald Trump can have your opinions,
but you can't have your own facts.

This is getting tedious.

I can understand how you made that misinterpretation. I would have thought the drowning aspect & the black widow comment which I've pointed out before go without saying.

Trying to pick one line & use this as a sole means to explain my views is being pretty silly. With respect to the issue of difference which was my point about 3AW & MMM comparison that Cam noted, was the word or inference "tone" as Wilson herself noted (not what you noted) or is that an inconvenient fact? I also used the words black widow etc that you've omitted (Did she use the word menacing?)

I did not use that as the sole means of the wider issue that you falsely incorrectly attribute to me & therefore not only miss the point but leads you to make wrong statements: if your premise is incorrect (which it was) then logically your conclusion will also be wrong (which it is)

I have previously used the words black widow in other statements about what was menacing about the bogan boys behaviours on MMM.

I have also stated that there has been in my view a disproportionate reaction saying that the online petition stuff got up my nose.

Now we can agree to disagree as there is more than one way to see this, not just your way. I respect your right to have an opinion even if I believe it is wrong. Although this may change Smile Play the issue & not your opinion of what you consider to be fact or try to attribute falsehoods to me "according to your logic" etc.

Lighten up. Let Saigon's be bygones & like the man with many wives I know that is big of me Wink

CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:15 pm

Member 7167 wrote:
The Prototype wrote:

Yes, they should have received the same reaction. Caro should have laughed off all of the comments. She can certainly hand it out but is more than happy to twist any potentially adverse comment to her political advantage. Hypocritical and opportunistic at best.

Unbelievable some of you are still not accepting that what Maguire said was totally wrong, as Eddie, the Club and the Prime Minister has told you.
Doubly unbelievable is that you are blaming Caroline, the victim, for 'not laughing it off'.

Maguire vs Shaw comments argument is totally flawed, Shaw was (accurately) referring what others might like to do whilst Ed was putting up $50k and whipping up his mates for someone to hold her under. Jesus to put them in the same ball park is utterly idiotic.

Caroline did nothing about the comments, though she had heard them, UNTIL it was becoming a national issue.
What is she supposed to do when asked about it?
Not be honest about how it made her feel. Gimme a spell.

If Maguire did this to any of your family loved-ones, how would you feel?

It's not a hanging offence but to equate Shaw or blame Caroline is pathetic.
schuey07 Aries

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:29 pm

CarringbushCigar wrote:
Member 7167 wrote:
The Prototype wrote:

Unbelievable some of you are still not accepting that what Maguire said was totally wrong, as Eddie, the Club and the Prime Minister has told you.
Doubly unbelievable is that you are blaming Caroline, the victim, for 'not laughing it off'.

Maguire vs Shaw comments argument is totally flawed, Shaw was (accurately) referring what others might like to do whilst Ed was putting up $50k and whipping up his mates for someone to hold her under. Jesus to put them in the same ball park is utterly idiotic.

Caroline did nothing about the comments, though she had heard them, UNTIL it was becoming a national issue.
What is she supposed to do when asked about it?
Not be honest about how it made her feel. Gimme a spell.

If Maguire did this to any of your family loved-ones, how would you feel?

It's not a hanging offence but to equate Shaw or blame Caroline is pathetic.

Oh no the Prime Minister has told us, we should all be good little school children and listen then. Just another opportunistic flog looking for votes.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:02 pm

^ You can say that again Razz Wink

Mind you, a pollie being opportunistic before an election? Shocked Shocked, I'm speechless.

Next, they'll start kissing babies Wink

Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:36 pm

It's a bit like two boxers having a fight and one complaining about the other girl's uppercut. They both box, in the same weight division, and in the same ring. Caro could have just said when asked "Well you can't hold Ed under, he's like a cane toad, influences the whole state in a negative manner, fat, full of hot air and poison," and that would have been the end of it. Which is what another man might have done.

Equality only works one way.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 68, 69, 70 ... 180, 181, 182  Next
Page 69 of 182   

Jump to: