Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Stay Til The End!!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MargOZ Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2003 9:36 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I won't leave a match until our boys have left the ground - if they have to stay and stick-it-out then so will I - regardless of how much it hurts and how p'd off I am! I hated every second of seeing those crow idiots accepting what should have been ours and hearing that stupid song over and over but then again I didn't look at them, I just stood looking at our boys and thinking we'll be holding up a cup one day soon - no doubt about it.

Having said that, I did leave a match against Carlton at the G early once (when Shawry was our coach) because I wasn't well at all - mind you I didn't feel quite so guilty when I got to Joliment station and there was Ray Shaw who had obviously been to the game, also waiting for a train!

And there are legitimate reasons for having to leave a match early - I've almost missed a country train a couple of times because I needed to leave the ground as soon as the siren has gone but haven't wanted to go until the boys are out of sight! Not a wise decision when it's the last night train!

GO PIES!
Marg
Piepark 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2003 10:10 am
Post subject: Leave EarlyReply with quote

It is easy to slag people for walking out, but at least these people still make the effort to get to the game. I know plenty of people who don't come to the games because of night games and don't drive or don't want to use public transport for safety reaons, family responsibilites and / or choose to stay at home. After paying the club over $800.00 in various membership fees this year and every year since 1978 (relative terms), I too have seen the good days and dark days. I have also booked my flight for the Sydney game in May this year. I also know lots of people who every year buy a membership and never go!! They never go because they are part of a generation of football people who were lost when we left Vic Park and the closure of Waverly. Are these people the same as those that pay and leave 5 or 10 minutes early? I only judge people on whether or not they are members not supporters. I couldn't care less whether or not people leave early, my judgement is left as to whether they help contribute to the club in whetever way they think is best, not what we think is best. Good luck to anyone who pays money and makes the effort. There are plenty that don't.
MissMagpie_20 Capricorn

BUCKS SIMPLY THE BEST!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2003 11:02 am

The day I leave early is the day the players walk off the ground early. Whilst there there playing their guts out, i watch.

So when i'm lying in my bed, thoughts running through my head and i feel that love is dead...
IM LOVING BUCKLEY INSTEAD!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2003 11:09 am
Post subject: Re: Leave EarlyReply with quote

Piepark wrote:
It is easy to slag people for walking out, but at least these people still make the effort to get to the game. I know plenty of people who don't come to the games because of night games and don't drive or don't want to use public transport for safety reaons, family responsibilites and / or choose to stay at home. After paying the club over $800.00 in various membership fees this year and every year since 1978 (relative terms), I too have seen the good days and dark days. I have also booked my flight for the Sydney game in May this year. I also know lots of people who every year buy a membership and never go!! They never go because they are part of a generation of football people who were lost when we left Vic Park and the closure of Waverly. Are these people the same as those that pay and leave 5 or 10 minutes early? I only judge people on whether or not they are members not supporters. I couldn't care less whether or not people leave early, my judgement is left as to whether they help contribute to the club in whetever way they think is best, not what we think is best. Good luck to anyone who pays money and makes the effort. There are plenty that don't.

Well maybe those supporters should go barrack for Melbourne. Melbourne supporters have got leaving early down to an art form.

I just think its pretty poor form.

jlc
MissMagpie_20 Capricorn

BUCKS SIMPLY THE BEST!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2003 11:12 am

Agreed JLC, its pathetic.

So when i'm lying in my bed, thoughts running through my head and i feel that love is dead...
IM LOVING BUCKLEY INSTEAD!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
colt Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2003 11:25 am

I too have never walked out before the game has ended.
Back in the 80's I remember sitting at Vic Park in the pouring rain, 10 goals down and stayed til the end.

As has been said many times before.....the players can't leave, so why should we.

Short of being carted off in an ambulance, there is NO excuse.
Lorelei Pisces

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2003 12:12 pm

The damage that is done when the television broadcasts to all of Australia, fans leaving en masses is monumental.

We rant and rave about being loyal etc and when it comes to the crunch if you can't stay 10 minutes for the team that you either paid $10 to see or have bought a seasons membership to see, then it is weak.

A full stadium is something that no advertising budget can buy. It makes us look powerful, a force and something along the lines of Rd 8 vs. Brisbane there was one of the best examples of that.

Fans leaving early? You can throw what was a years worth of loyalty out the window after that 10 seconds of footage.

Jen

**Craig Kelly**Craig Kelly**Craig Kelly**

Floreat Pica
CAAS 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2003 12:41 pm

The type I am referring to would, oh I dont know, perhaps sit alone in a corner of the Locker Room all night nursing their drink hoping some fellow Collingwood supporter will talk to them but no one ever does, and they still do not go away. Rolling Eyes[/quote]

I stayed until the siren blew, bolted into the locker room, slammed down a heavy beer then danced all night. Was last seen running across the bridge outside TD nude.

we are the loyalist, football supporters
the world has ever had.
Kenno25 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2003 12:53 pm

I really didn't think the vision of supporters leaving early was all that bad. The game was virtually over, it was more Dwayne Russell pointing it out that made people notice. This supposedly "unbiased" commentator has an unnatural hatred of Collingwood and will stick it to us at any given opportunity. Look at Football Park when the Crows or Power are getting done, it's exactly the same as Saturday night except you wont hear Dwayne Russell talking about it.
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2003 1:05 pm

I dont want Collingwood to be the same as Crows or Port supporters or any other club for that matter. I like to think that we are better Smile
Kenno25 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2003 1:10 pm

No question we're better, I was just pointing out that Dwayne Russell wouldn't mention it because he's South Australian, same thing happens everywhere !!
dimo 

I always stay to the end, no matter what the score..
dimo 

I always stay to the end, no matter what the score..
MagpieMel Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2003 1:31 pm

I can understand sometimes people need to leave early to avoid crowds especially people with kids to consider. But for everyone else making the choice to get up, turn your back on the play and walk away is a disgrace. We expect the best from our team they should atleast be shown the respect of having their supporters stay no matter how badly the team plays or how bad the loss is.
How many people stay to the end when we win ? why should a loss be any different to be a true supporter you need to be there in through the good and the bad times.
On Saturday night my friends and I were unfortunate enough to be seated next to Adelaide supporters who where hassling us all night, but rather than leave and give them the satisfaction of seeing that we stayed.
Think of the Anzac game last year and think of how good it felt to see those bombers supporters walking out in the 4th quarter ?? do we really want to let our opposition supporters have that feeling..
Madpies_Fan Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2003 3:32 pm

I stayed until the final siren, and waited for Woey to kick the goal.. Even tho I had a 2 hour drive home, it was still going to be a 2 hour drive when the final siren blew. I actually said to my dad, with about 10 mins to go. If the boys have to stay out there, then I'm staying here and leaving when they do. Actually because so many ppl had already left, it was so easy to get out of the ground that I got home in an hour and a half.. hehe...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5   

Jump to: