Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Stay Til The End!!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 6:17 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Moorabin was also pretty bad when Plugger would get on a roll.

jlc
MAGPIRA 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 6:26 pm

JLC wrote:
Another shocker was when North and in particular Adrian McAdam ripped us apart at Vic Park of all places

GAWD! That game still gives me nightmares just like the game at Vic Park earlier that year when St Kilda beat us and Winmar started the ball rolling for today's racial vilification laws!
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 6:35 pm

It was like Gayyyyyyyyfeeeeeeeer stop holding him.......lol The human blanket was undone that day by McAdam at the height of his powers.

The Richmond mothers day masacre was a sad day as well. Jeff Hogg of all people kicking a bag of goals. I was stuck on the wing that day amongst the richmond "faithful". I use that term lightly as the mcg was undergoing redevelopments.

jlc
daicos4ever 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 8:33 pm

If I ever leave early then someone shoot me.

A nice chant for the unofficial boys, directed at the bandwagoners: "where were you when we were sh*t?"
PJB 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 9:13 pm

In all my time of going to the footy, I can proudly say I've never left before the final siren and I never will. I too have seen some shockers that get you frustrated but I have never left early. We must stay through until the bitter end no matter what !
Miss_Lisey_Molloy Taurus

Keith Urban - CMA 2005 Entertainer Of The Year!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 9:17 pm

I stayed till the end. Had a bit of a teary too, lolz. Im a sook Razz. But then when i walked over the bridge above spencer st. station I realised its only a lampshade that we lost and the real cup we will hold proudly above our heads in September. So I started singing and stuff and people are like wat the hell! GO PIES!!!!!!!

Love always, Alyssa xoxo

Jarrod Molloy's #1 Fan! Pies are Premiers in 2010!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  
STOKA35 Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 9:38 pm

SUPPORTER RULES

1. YOU NEVER LEAVE THE GAME UNTIL THE FINAL SIREN GOES WIN LOSE OR DRAW WHY BECAUSE YOU EXPECT YOUR PLAYERS TO FIGHT IT OUT TILL THE END THEY CANT LEAVE THE GROUND 5 MINUTES TO GO.

I was very dissapointed to see supporters leave early last night especially people sitting in my area with 2003 members hats on.
stik35 Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 9:53 pm

I never have and never will leave until the end.

I remember taking the kids to Waverley when they were younger and they used to love to watch Sav kick goals, so we would change ends every quarter.
In this particular game - we were getting done by a fair margin - and when we got up to go round to the other goals, people started to bag us for leaving!
That really p'd me off. I don't know how people can leave when their team is losing - it's like they are not interested if they lose or something.
We stay to show the players our support - Win, Lose or Draw.

Also there is always hope. We may have had a last minute goal kicking frenzy and booted 6 goals in 6 minutes - you never know.

Although, I do think at the night games like last night, some people who have kids might have decided to leave as it takes hours to get out of the car parks and it makes it such a late night.

I got back to my car about 10.30 and didn't get out of the car park until 11.15 and finally made it home by 12.15.

I know a lot of people come up from the country also and it would make a big difference to get in before the rush.

Oh bugger it, lets not make excuses for them - there are none.
Lorelei Pisces

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 9:54 pm

Actually Stoka that is a good point!

A bit like the rules in an exam - can't leave that early.

Maybe it could be a consideration of membership now.

Our membership motto at one stage was 'ONE IN ALL IN' ... we are bound by so many other regulations at the footy - eg. can't run on the ground, so you shouldn't be able to leave it either!

Jen

**Craig Kelly**Craig Kelly**Craig Kelly**

Floreat Pica
Molly Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 10:05 pm

Yeah i agree that supporters should stay till the end - imagine how bad it'd be to be playing your guts out, getting beaten, then looking around to see that all your 'fans' were leaving!
I also know how good it feels to hang it on opposition supporters when they leave early, and for that reason i'll never give anyone the chance to do it to me!
CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 10:12 pm

Rohan wrote:
Although one act that annoys me more than this is when people sung the theme song after losing the Grand Final. Too happy with second place; a very ugly trait.

yer wateva!! ay mate we already LOST, whether we sang the song after or not isnt gonna change it!

i cant actually remember if i sung it i was too pist

anyway thats wat i reckon!
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 10:45 pm

strangely enough my brother is an auditor, and he sat all the way to the end. disappointed like the rest. at work he only does his job and gets good money as well, they are bound by their companies rules not to cause friction, and are severly reprimanded if they do. they work there ass off to be non-intrusive as they know people hide stuff and can get real shirty if they are found out.

sitting with an accountant is better than some loud mouth know it all who pushes in front of you in a queue, swears in front of young girls and kids and bags collingwood players all night wearing a members 2003 hat.
Kenno25 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 11:06 pm

I don't see any problem with people leaving early if the game's beyond doubt, winnning or losing,....big deal.... let people support their club anyway they want, it's still a free country isn't it ?
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 11:12 pm

What do you do for a living greg?
lsdswooper 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2003 12:36 am

Next time we lose I reckon we should do the winners circle anyway. Very character building stuff! opposition fans would feel pretty low and gutless hanging shit on us then. Besides we owe it to each other. I sang the theme song at last years grand final, just a feeling i had, i needed to. I felt such pride. And refused to show my dissapointment. That lasted about 5 mins then i bawled me eyes out!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5   

Jump to: