Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Stay Til The End!!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Willie 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 3:04 pm
Post subject: Stay Til The End!!Reply with quote

What a disgrace to see the streams of magpie fans pouring out of the stadium during the last quarter! Since when did being a Collingwood supporter mean only supporting the boys when we're ahead on the scoreboard? Mad

Keep your heads up boys. After all, it was just a pre-season comp. Wink
TRELOS 

TRELOS

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 3:10 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

i left early, not because we lost, but because i did not want to see Adelaide win if that makes sense, usually when we lose i dont leave but for some reason last nite i just to dissapointed to wait till the end.
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 3:18 pm

I don't understand why people leave early. I always stay until the final siren. Afterall we expect the players to play until the final siren and not give up, so why should supporters take the easy option and leave early ??

When you experience the bad times it makes you appreciate the good times more.

jlc
MAGPIRA 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 3:53 pm

I never EVER leave before the conclusion of a match. I think it is bad taste to do so, unless of course there is an emergency. I even stayed till the end in 2000 at Optus Oval when we were thrashed by 111 points, amidst all these carlscum fans in the old Jack Elliot stand Laughing

I will always support the boys till the end no matter what, besides it's character building in a sense, and you definately remember the next time we meet that particular team and it's even sweeter..(if we win!) Wink

BUT...having said all that....another reason is my PRIDE....I will NOT give any opposition supporters the satisfaction of waving me out of the ground Evil or Very Mad

Last edited by MAGPIRA on Sun Mar 16, 2003 6:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 4:00 pm

MAGPIRA wrote:
I never EVER leave before the conclusion of a match. I think it is bad taste to do so, unless of course there is an emergency. I even stayed till the end in 99 at Optus Oval when we were thrashed by 111 points, amidst all these carlscum fans in the old Jack Elliot stand Laughing

I will always support the boys till the end no matter what, besides it's character building in a sense, and you definately remember the next time we meet that particular team and it's even sweeter..(if we win!) Wink

BUT...having said all that....another reason is my PRIDE....I will NOT give any opposition supporters the satisfaction of waving me out of the ground Evil or Very Mad

Well said Magpira. I stuck out the game at Optus Oval and i think thats as bad as it will ever get (i hope)

Its very poor form for those who leave early.

jlc
foxy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 5:27 pm

i can also proudly say i didn't leave that Optus Oval massacre. farkkk that was a shit day.
MissMagpie_20 Capricorn

BUCKS SIMPLY THE BEST!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 5:34 pm

Agree 100% JLC, Magpira and Foxy!

So when i'm lying in my bed, thoughts running through my head and i feel that love is dead...
IM LOVING BUCKLEY INSTEAD!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Lorelei Pisces

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 5:51 pm

I remember even when we were small and going "Dadddddddd can we please go!!!!!!!!!!!" and dad making us sit there and sit there and saying "The players can't leave, so we can't leave"

Even with local footy - I still can't leave early. It is a respect thing too and if those people only knew how shocking it looks on TV - it is like the worst advertising for the club on a whole.

The words of in our are "Side by Side we stick together" - we sing it enough, and sometimes it needs to be acted too.

Jen

**Craig Kelly**Craig Kelly**Craig Kelly**

Floreat Pica
Dr Alf Andrews Pisces

Fitzroy Victoria Bowling Club

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 5:52 pm

Maybe most of the people who left early are the ones who've only jumped on the bandwagon in the last couple of years.

Gawd strewth. I've seen Collingwood put on some pretty disgraceful performances over the last 6 years. Last night's effort was a LOT better than many of the performances between 1997 and 2000.

Anyone who can't take seeing a loss shouldn't go to the football. I HATE losing ... with a passion. But if I want to have the right to stand in the Winner's Circle and sing "Good Old Collingwood Forever" when we win, then I've gotta be prepared to face the music when we don't ... even if the music happens to be that horrible "Pride of South Australia" song.

But this is what really amazes me about the people who leave early. They're not prepared to stick to the end ... but they're quite prepared to take the WALK OF SHAME ... because that's what it is, when you leave early. It's like that stupid TV show a couple of years back ... what was it called ... "The Weakest Link" ... and when you got voted off you had to do the WALK OF SHAME.

That's what it must be like leaving the football early ... doing the WALK OF SHAME down the aisle to the exit gates, past the gloating opposition supporters.

Bugger that ... There's a lot more pride in sticking it out to the end.

I too remember the Princes Park massacre in 2000. I had a reserved seat in the Legends Stand ... surrounded by a sea of navy blue (excuse the pun). I was the only Collingwood supporter within a couple of bays ... or at least that's how it seemed. I was with my Port Adelaide supporting flatmate ... and we wildly celebrated every Collingwood goal ... even though we were like 15 goals down all day. We just took the piss out of the whole occasion. Collingwood would kick a goal and reduce the deficit to maybe a dozen goals or something, and I would yell out at the top of my voice, "Come on, Collingwood ... you've got 'em worried now." It was a hideous match, but I wouldn't have missed it for quids. Experiences like that build character.
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 5:54 pm

Another shocker was when North and in particular Adrian McAdam ripped us apart at Vic Park of all places.

The same people who leave early will be the first people wanting grand final tickets....lol lol

jlc
mandy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 6:01 pm

It's disgraceful behaviour, whatever the reason.

You stay when we win and celebrate. You stay when we lose and bleed with the boys and show your support no matter what.

This has been a stigma attached to us for far too long. I know I've seen every other clubs' supporters doing it, but it seems to be something the opposition like to bag us for. Maybe the impact seems more for Collingwood matches only because there's more of us? I don't know, but it's ugly and it has to stop.

Jesus, is an extra 10 or 15 minutes really gonna get you home that much earlier??
Rohan 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 6:02 pm

Although we depise them, there has been a lot of bandwagoners jump on board in the last 6 months. I didn't see too many of these people during the 1994-2000 period and they are probably the ones who left.

Although having the Locker Room close by allows one to sneak off early and drown their sorrows while watching the match.

Although one act that annoys me more than this is when people sung the theme song after losing the Grand Final. Too happy with second place; a very ugly trait.

Last edited by Rohan on Sun Mar 16, 2003 6:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

*Rach_luvs_Lonie* Aries

*~LiL bItTa CoUnTrY..LiL bItA mJ~*

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 6:09 pm

I neva leave early...even if were losing to..the scum Mad , which is very rare, I ALWAYZ stay till the end!
Luv Rach!!xoxox
afisher Sagittarius

Collingwood on the Great Wall near Simatai

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 6:14 pm

Everybody's limits can be tested,

I too stayed till the end of the Optus Oval debacle, and have always been determined to stay till the end of all matches. (My theory is that victory is sweeter when you have suffered the pangs and humiliation of defeat, and then, I can in all good consciences, give the opposition heaps when we win)
However about 6 years or so ago at one of those mothers days massacres against Richmond, when Richmond were playing really really badly and yet still winning by 10 goals, late in the 3rd quarter one of their small forwards dropped a sitter in the goals square and it bounced off the back of his boot and went through for a goal. At that point I thought I would go get some pies for my mates and I. 15 minutes later they called to find out where there pies were. I explained that my legs had just taken me involuntarily out of the ground and down to Richmond station. I had passed the Pie seller and had just kept walking trying to get far enough away to avoid the “Yellow and Black crap”. That stands as one of the very few times that I have left early.
Hey and wasn’t that Joffa leaving early 3 years ago, as he slowly wandered around the boundary of the MCG with 2 cops accompanying him.

As I said at the start every-one has their limits.

Embarassed Embarassed
Dr Alf Andrews Pisces

Fitzroy Victoria Bowling Club

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 6:14 pm

Maybe they should come up with a special "Bandwagonner's Concession" ticket.

You get 15% off the price of a normal ticket.

But you have to leave halfway through the last quarter.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5   

Jump to: