Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

We didn't want this at all

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hotpies 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 1:42 pm
Post subject: We didn't want this at allReply with quote

I think last night game, you can take no positives out of last night at all.
Collingwood did not play a good style of football.
I think Adeliade and Port Adelaide will be the sides Collingwood will have to work much more harder to overcome than any other this year. Port Adeliade wil be out in force just like Collingwood, both very hungry for a premiership flag. Adeliade are just like Essendon i think, they are always good, and always will be good. But one positive i think we take out of last nights game is that i really do think Adelaide played there best game of fooball last night, showing MM and coaching staff how far they will go, and how to shut them down, MM will take this lesson and learn from it so will all magpies.
This is a loss that we will forget in a few weeks when the real season starts but i just hope it doesn't happen again. We have proven that we can bet Adelaide, Port, and Brisbane, in the last year. This will be a much harder year this year to finish in the top four for the finals in September.
There are a few issues Collingwood have to clear up with there players, but i really think that they are a force to be reakoned with this year.
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 2:25 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

There IS a positive we can take from last night's game.

To get to that final we didn't play Brisbane or PA but we had excellent wins against Carlton, Hawthorn and Geelong. Some supporters got a bit caught up in the euphoria and that's understandable but maybe some of the players did too.

Adelaide reminded us all there's still plenty of work to do. For the season proper, I think that result will stand us in good stead.

Go the Pies !!!
yep eh dai 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 5:24 pm

Woul have preferred that to happen last night that round 1. Thats all i'll say.

Does anyone remember what we talking about this time last year.

round 1, smashed by richmond who didn't even finish in the 8

ronud 2, got over WC by 1 point.

everyone was ready to slit their wrists.

I think MIck has the situation at hand. Last night was a good wake up call to address some issue in time for the tigers.

go woods

Round 1 - no lica, burnsy, taz or clokey
MissMagpie_20 Capricorn

BUCKS SIMPLY THE BEST!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 5:39 pm

Yeah ur right ppl but it still doesnt take away from the fact of how bloody disappointing it is, especially when ur so caught up in it and have too mcu hexpectation Crying or Very sad

So when i'm lying in my bed, thoughts running through my head and i feel that love is dead...
IM LOVING BUCKLEY INSTEAD!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
MAGPIRA 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 5:52 pm

We may have beaten Carlton, Hawthorn and Geelong on the way through to last night's Wiz GF....BUT.....when you look at it......Carlton are woeful, and having said that, were still without a few name players. Hathorn were without big men Thompson, Holland, Barker & Hay and also Vandenberg, McCabe & Crawford, as well as the suspension of Hodge. Geelong went in without forwards Lord & Kingsley, also without Ling and Mooney was off injured in the first quarter and after booting 2 telling goals.

We beat these teams convincingly in 10 minute bursts of footy at various stages, but had they been at full strength, would the games have been as winnable?

That's why last night worries me. We finally came up against a good side, who will definitely be challenging come September and they gave us a football lesson. Adelaide's ability to to run the lines, to win the centre clearences and just about every stop play situation was frightening.

However, losing Josh & Presti did not help our cause as their big men just took over. As good as Clement is, he simply does not have the body strength or size to go with the likes of Carey. We cannot afford to lose any of our talls, when our depth in that department consists of Walker, Richo & Kinnear!

But on a positive note, after being comprehensively outplayed in all aspects of the game, we still managed to get within 13 points half way through the last quarter and end the game with only 3 less scoring shots!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: