Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

did the Swans %$^£$%^&%% us?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nicholas 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 4:12 am
Post subject: did the Swans %$^£$%^&%% us?Reply with quote

Swans didn't rate Nicky Davis, were reluctant to give us anything. Today he gets BOG and kicks three goals with %$^£$%^&%% all pre-season. Longmire is going around saying how they diddled us. Does that piss anyone else off. They reckon he will be a superstar, he better not.
Dr Alf Andrews Pisces

Fitzroy Victoria Bowling Club

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 4:21 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

The only decent players the Swans have got are the ones they diddle us out of. Think of it as the Pies doing their bit to help the spread of the national competition. Gives you a nice warm fuzzy glow, doesn't it?

But don't worry. You don't have to be real good to be an outstanding player at a crap club like the Swans. If Jason Wild went to Sydney he'd be a star.
ramjet21 Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 6:30 am

as alf suggests, im not sure winning B+F's or even just BOG's count for much if you do it in a red and white strip(apologies to south freo fans). good luck to him but i couldnt care less if he becomes a star or not - we're better off without him.
molloymagic Aquarius

*Thanks 4 the great memorys Jarrod!**miss ya*

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 5:51 pm

I would just like to say,does it really matter if Nick does star,does it? Ok,it may hurt to see him running around in the red and white now. He's gone!!!!!!!!!. Does anyone say did West coast gain having Adkins from us?
It's the future now and Nick is gone.

*'94-03:10 Gr8 yrs*
*169 Games* *'02 V.C*
*2nd in '01 copeland
TRELOS 

TRELOS

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 6:11 pm

the difference between Nick going to Sydney and Adkins going to WC is that Adkins found it hard to get a run in the seniors with the pies. We got a good deal, Andrew Williams is a great player.
Nick Davis lied to us, how many times did he say he wanted to stay, etc. He was guaranteeed a spot in our 22 evry week. Sydney got him EXTREMELY cheaply. BUT his gone now and we cant do anything about it, we have to move on. The one thing that i still cant get over is Willo, he was an absolute gun and would fit perfectly into MM plans.
molloymagic Aquarius

*Thanks 4 the great memorys Jarrod!**miss ya*

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 6:33 pm

True about Adkins(shame he left,i did like him).
*'94-03:10 Gr8 yrs*
*169 Games* *'02 V.C*
*2nd in '01 copeland
Nicholas 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2003 5:17 am

You guys missed the point. I wasn't asking for people to bag him again. I wasn't wishing him back. I was pointing out that the Swans had put one over us and so I hope they lose their concessions. We always traded fairly with them and compensated them properly for their losses. If Eddie wouldn't have accused him of not trying and disloyalty so early when he really wasn't fit he might not have done what he did. Well that's what I have been told Eddie occasionally gets things wrong. how many of you guys would like to be told that by your boss??
Black_White 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2003 7:34 am

Not bagging Mr Davis, but to say the Swans put one over us is wrong.
The Swans did what any club would do if in that situation. The player made himself unmargetable from our point of view by nominating Sydney. If he had nominated S.A. or W.A. as a prefferred home, we could have put two teams against each other in a bidding war.
That he was known to fly home regularly, and sook regularly, made it hard for us to play hard ball and let him go into the draft. If that happened we truly would have got nothing as no other team would have touched him.
And please, don't believe that the Swans do not rate him. They do.

-Craig

angel 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2003 8:19 am

I disagree Dr. Alf Wild wouldn't star at the Swans. Let us face it, they did screw us. We threw money at Woewodin while letting one of our go. He may have wanted to but I agree with Nicholas, Eddie made it hard by putting the strong word on him when he was playing under duress through needles etc. That made his family pretty angry with our president too. It is not as if we can throw away so much talent, who are all our talented youngsters who have actually made it. Look at Tarrant in grand finals. Why doesn't Eddie target him for .....
{this post edited while the moderators discuss its potentially defamatory nature - whyphilwhy? for bbmod4}
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2003 9:13 am

angel wrote:
I disagree Dr. Alf Wild wouldn't star at the Swans. Let us face it, they did screw us. We threw money at Woewodin while letting one of our go. He may have wanted to but I agree with Nicholas, Eddie made it hard by putting the strong word on him when he was playing under duress through needles etc. That made his family pretty angry with our president too. It is not as if we can throw away so much talent, who are all our talented youngsters who have actually made it. Look at Tarrant in grand finals. Why doesn't Eddie target him for .....
{this post edited while the moderators discuss its potentially defamatory nature - whyphilwhy? for bbmod4}

Well Sydney is a 55 min plane ride so you can go watch Nick Davis every week if you like.

You need to accept that Nick Davis is gone. He certainly has accepted that he is no longer part of the club.

This is football, if Nick Davis couldnt handle Eddie putting the hard word on him then he doesnt say much about his mental character. Heavens knows how he would react to verbal comments on the field. Just for the record Eddie was trying to do the RIGHT thing by Collingwood football club which is his duty as president. Pity Nick couldnt do the same.

jlc

Last edited by JLC on Mon Mar 17, 2003 9:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Lorelei Pisces

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2003 9:37 am

If Davis is going to be a superstar it isn't going to happen while up there.

To be classed as a superstar you have to get more than a few BOG's - it also has a lot to do with your own personality and professionalism.

These two things is what Mr Davis lacks most - as well as any understanding of the word 'team'.

Good riddance.

Jen

**Craig Kelly**Craig Kelly**Craig Kelly**

Floreat Pica
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2003 11:21 am
Post subject: DavisReply with quote

Whether the Swans have diddled us on Nick Davis is too early to call. Its like us saying that Shane Woewodin was a brilliant pick up based on a couple of good Wizard cup outings. What is a given though is that they currently have the upper hand on trades with us over recent Confused years - eg: Schauble, Paul Williams etc...but Paul Licuria and Anthony Rocca will end up better than all of 'em.

BTW Nick Davis left Melbourne for one reason only - he was poking certain parts of his anatomy where he shouldn't have been and was told to get the hell outta town or he would be in deep tish. Twisted Evil

MissMagpie_20 Capricorn

BUCKS SIMPLY THE BEST!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2003 12:07 pm

No the Swans didnt %$^£$%^&%% us. We dont want him. Better off without him!

So when i'm lying in my bed, thoughts running through my head and i feel that love is dead...
IM LOVING BUCKLEY INSTEAD!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2003 6:39 pm

Nick who?
Rohan 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2003 7:15 pm

We have to forget about Nick or we will be stuck behind the times yet again.

However he was easily the most talented of our youngsters. By an un absolute street!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: